Hotel Punta Leona
Hotel Arenas(Punta Leona)
$203
$179
Hotel Villa Caletas(Jaco District)
$292
$125
$122
$95
  • Breakfast included
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$82
Croc's Resort & Casino(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$310
$274
Hotel Pochote Grande(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Pool
$240
$191
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswhite faced monkeyscosta ricaplaya blancasan joseselvamar roomsnight walkwhite sand beachthe grillbutterfly gardenscarlet macawsbeautiful beachpura vidasuperior roomjaco beachrental carstar resorttropical forest
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This property seems to be huge. No idea of the acreage involved but it's a long way from the gate to the reception desk. Loud music aound some of the pools coming from the bar but it doesn't quite make it to the beach or the rooms...thankfully. The food at breakfast is very good and lots of variety; our dinner was lacking as the steak was well seasoned but VERY chewy -- tough. The salad buffet was very well tended and the desserts were nice. Breakfasts were entertaining as the monkeys enjoy trying to steal your food but are usually unsuccessful. I was surprised the staff did not say anyting to kids who were trying to attract/tease the monkeys. Lots and lots of people on this property -- if you are looking for a quiet time don't look for it here. Neighbors are VERY close and you can hear conversations without trying.

Room Tip: Try for a room off of the driveways and near the restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EndlessSummerCaptain
Bernarda L, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Punta Leona, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your review; it pleases us to know that you enjoyed our food, specially our delicious breakfast. Indeed Hotel & Club Punta Leona is a quite extensive property surrounded by nature, footpaths and two beautiful beaches. We generally have music in the area of the bar and activities around the swimming pools for the entertainment of our guests, specially in our high season that is when we have more affluence of tourists.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We enjoyed staying at the Punta Leona. The grounds are lovely, the white sand beach is perfect. My best advice is to use the onsite tours that are offered with your stay--we saw more animals during tours with the naturalist at the hotel than we saw at Manuel Antonio. We tended to stay at the hotel more than we would have liked to as the long drive out to the highway on a very twisting road was daunting at night. Staff at the hotel were very lovely to us and when I thought I lost my car keys in the room, the maid was VERY helpful in trying to help me retrieve them.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank silverscreen76
Bernarda L, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Punta Leona, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

We are Glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel & Club Punta Leona and that you liked our facilities, the activities we offer, the attention of our staff and mainly our white sand beach. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hoped that you will visit us again.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

On Christmas night while we were watching YouTube videos in a Galaxy phone, someone knock on the door loudly, after opening a guy who said was part of Punta Leona staff ask us to turn the volume down because according to the Costa Rican rules no music is allow after 10pm. When I made the reservation and check in nobody mentioned anything about it, anyways I obeyed. But, they kept knocking on the door for one hour and I tried to communicate to the front desk with no answer. When they finally answered, a very arrogant guy named Ricardo Quezada, told me "get a life, just open the door", he didn't even care what I had to say, I was worry about my security because it was very loud outside and I could hear several male noises who were hitting on the door. I asked for the manager and he just said he was not available. The hitting continue for several more minutes and I called again to the front desk to ask for help, in that moment a voice outside said "police" that's when I decided I was safe to open the door. My surprise was there were 4 males with no badges, 2 of them dressed as police guys, and the other 2 with black shirts. They said they only wanted to talk but they just shouted at and threaten us. After insisting in calling to the manager, Ricardo arrived with the same arrogant attitude, not offering any help he even told us to leave the facilities at 1am knowing there was no way we could find somewhere else to sleep in such a special night. The Punta Leona staff never told us what happened, why the police and  the other guys broke into out room requesting us to leave, they just supported the corrupted and racist Costa Rican police, and offer the police our personal data. It was a very frightening experience, we were 2 girls in the middle of nowhere with 6 guys threatened us.  We didn't know what to expect or do, maybe they just wanted money. I would not recommend to stay there,the staff is brusque, unhelpful and overall they don't know how to take care of their guests. (I even recorded it, just in case).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank daysmex
Bernarda L, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Punta Leona, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Hotel & Punta Club Punta Leona is recognized for being a safe property that makes big efforts to ensure that their guests can enjoy their facilities in a family oriented and relax atmosphere. To accomplish this, we followed the norms established by the laws of the country as well as the internal regulations of the hotel, that indicate that after 10 p.m. nobody can perform activities that generate excessive noise that disturb the peace and rest of the other guests lodged within the property. Never before a situation had occurred in which a guest ignored the request of our security department to fulfill these norms. We regret your dissatisfaction but it should be understood that any customer must comply with the provisions of the hotel where he is staying for his own safety and that of the other guests.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Huge property, beautiful setting, shuttle buses to get from point A to the various others. Smaller beach and pool on the property, beautiful white sand beach (Playa Blanca) reachable by shuttle (and you'll know why you didn't walk when you take the shuttle) that runs every half hour. Butterfly garden and scarlet macaws on the property, as well as highly skilled thieving troops of monkeys and coati mundis who will get your copious, delicious breakfast faster than you can turn around and think about going for more coffee. Food was outstanding for all meals, as long as you kept a wary eye on your plate. At Playa Blanca, it's the monkeys and raccoons who covet your stuff, so leave no snack untended. Well worth the visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

We appreciate your comments and we are very glad that your enjoyed your stay with us. Our Hotel is full with natural beauty and many of the people that visit us have the opportunity to observe different types of animals and vegetation. We hope that you can visit us again.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

As this was my first visit to Costa Rica, I wanted to get the full feel of the culture and environment. By choosing Punta Leona, with the breath-taking views, well trained staff, and numerous activities that lend to the culture of the country. I was involved in the SMART program in which I got to go out on the water and even pull up fish myself, of course with the help of the knowledgeable guides. Later that evening without any organization on my part was the same fish caught that day on the dinner plate. The food was so extraordinary! It makes it feel so much fresh and special when you can feel so close to what you are eating. I suggest trying the sauces especially the banana sauce for any seafood at Carabellas. I have never tasted anything like it.

The butterfly garden and getting the opportunity to plant an almond tree and become a part of the property made me feel very close to the nature that is so prevalent throughout the country.

I can't get the view of the gorgeous beaches in Punta Leona, and I really don't want to. I can not wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sashaanesa
Bernarda L, General Manager at Hotel Punta Leona, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We are very glad to know that you visited our property several times and that you enjoyed every time all the amenities at the hotel and the many attractions in the area. We hope to be able to keep serving you and thank you for preferring us .