“Fantastic - but don't forget to bring food!”

Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights around going to Disneyland Paris. Its approx 2km away from the park, totally perfect for visiting as they have a shuttle bus which is 2 euro per head return. We had a 2 bed townhouse, which was tastefully decorated, immaculately clean, very cosy and much bigger than we expected. The bedrooms are upstairs, one has a superking 6ft bed and an en suite with a huge bath/shower over, bedroom 2 has twin beds, use of a separate bathroom with a double shower unit. Both have huge closets, and massive plasma TVs. Downstairs you have a big lounger diner with a TV/DVD and stereo. Kitchen which is small but perfect, big fridge, with a freezer unit on top. A washing machine and a dryer. A microwave, a kettle, a toaster, and they have laid on everythng you would want. Double doors and big windows out onto golf course or lake views. Ducks and weeny birds everywhere. Really beautifully kept grounds, nice walkways. Good kids play area.

The outdoor swimming pool (which looked amazing) was closed for winter, but we went into the indoor pool, which was good. 2 jacuzzis and lots of loungers. Lovely big towels. Lockers cost 1 euro. Good showers. But no real shallow end, so not great for little bubbas who cant swim or touch the bottom. Nicer for adults.

There is a kids club, for ages 4+ - we did not use it.

Low points were the reception/check out which is uber-slow, we waited 25 mins for check-out at 10am, because they were checking in a family of about 50 japanese people without fluent french at 10am (I thought check in was 4pm!!). They cant fast check you out because they apply a check out tax (everywhere in france does this).

There is no restaurant here - so no breakfast and no room service.There is a bar which is open from 5pm, which does do bar food but there is extremely little choice and it is all deep fried or microwave garbage and tastes awful but costs the earth. Not recommended at all. It is however, a really nice looking bar, so good for a drink.

There is a market shop on site, which is daylight robbery. Go to the supermaket 5 mins walk in the village. Much better. You definitely do need to bring food along with you here. We thought we'd not bother because it was a Marriott and was bound to have a proper restaurant on site, but it really does not.

There is no spa service.

However, that said, it is a lovely place, and we will definitely return, laden with food.

I would also recommend you take some candles, bath foam (you get a soap and a shampoo nothing else), and some lovely wine - this is a perfect spot for a romantic night in once the kids are asleep!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank FamilyMurphy
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France

Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights, over Easter weekend, our 2 bedroomed townhouse was lovely, very spacious, and extremely comfortable with a feeling of luxury and those fabulous Marriott beds!! It was so nice to have more than just a room with two beds in as we normally get in the Disney Parks, especially if you have young children! We looked forward to returning to our house each day, the shop, reception and swimming pool were great too, lovely warm baguettes and croissants each morning was a wonderful way to start the day and the resort is only five minutes by regular courtesy bus to the theme parks. As always, Marriott is outstanding!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise F
Reviewed March 31, 2010

My husband and I enjoyed a two week holiday with my brother and sister-in-law the first week stay at Marriott Village d'lle-de-France.
After reading some of the reviews before our visit we were a bit concerned what we might experience.
From the very start we were pleasantly surprised from the moment we walked in being warmly greeted by George. HIs professional yet humorous personality gently eased us in to a strange and new enviornment. He filled us with laughter and sent us to our townhouse laden with all the info we needed on tourist areas of our interest.
Once we opened the door we were excited to discover all our basic needs were to be met in a clean, lovely decorated home away from home.
The location of the townhouse was quiet and relaxing. We were pleased with the comfort of the beds and pillows and found instructions in English for the clothes washer, dryer and dish washer.
Activities Director, Phillipe, kindly took time to map out our sight seeing tour for the week making invaluable suggestions that enabled us to have an awesome experience in Paris and surrounding areas. His knowledge and advise not only gave us confidence, lowered our stress level but also saved us money by purchasing rail and museum passes. One of our favorite excursions was a boat ride down the Seine suggested by Phillpe.
In the hotel market we enjoyed purchasing and talking with the lady manager who easily shared a lovely smile and helped me grow the small amount of French I know. The breads and pasteries made each morning a joy.
We do apologize for demanding so much of Christo's time in the restaurant area. He was so charming and such a joy to discuss many topics with.
The Resort and staff left us with memories to cherish from our wonderful experience at Marriott Village d'lle-de-France.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank justuspowells
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We purchased a week here in 2008, and this was our first visit since. We had only viewed images online and in the sales pack we were issued by Marriott, so we were slightly apprehensive as to what to expect. However, as owners at another Marriott resort, we had faith in the brand, and knew deep down that everything would probably be great.
Upon arrival at the resort, any apprehensions we may have had were exonorated! Check in, although a little slow, was informative, professional, and with well spoken, smart associates. Our townhouse was located in the newer part of the resort, overlooking the Lake, where you could see ducks and swans swimming by, and often coming out of the lake to say hello.
The townhouse was immaculately clean, and was serviced daily, with a full clean mid-week. It was very well appointed, all we could ask for and more. Walking around the resort, again, everything was spotless.
As it was not in season, the outdoor pool was closed, but we made good use of the resort's indoor facilities, which include a pool, steamroom and saunas. There is also a fully equipped gym, although we did not make use of this, but it looked great.
The hotel bar/bistro was a great place to chill after a long day out, and the staff in there, I must say, are exceptional, especially Christophe! Food and drinks are reasonably priced, but the food, at the moment is fairly limited.
We took our 4 year old to Disneyland, and used the resort's shuttle bus facility, at 2 euros per person, it takes 10 minutes door to door, and runs well to time. There is a regular bus service at the resort entrance, which gets you there too, but it does take slightly longer.
In contrast to an earlier review, I must say that I cannot fault Mr Habets, the resorts general manager in any way. He is a friendly, professional hotelier, with a genuine commitment to ensuring all of his guests are well looked after. He has a team to be extremely proud of, and I would have no hesitation in highly recommending this resort to anyone looking at purchasing a European timeshare, or simply looking for a great base to explore Disneyworld, and the surrounding areas. I would also like to thank Jo and his team for an entertaining and enjoyable evening of hospitality, jazz and the impromptu musical performances on our last evening. We all thoroughly enjoyed it!
We are now looking very much forward to returning in 2012, and I would like to thank all of the team for making our time in France a truly outstanding vacation experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank iain2806
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Deciding to stay in the suburbs of Paris in March doesn't sound like the best idea...it was colder than cold and we were far from the center of Paris. But, I tell you, staying at this Marriott was what made our trip to Paris like a home away from home.

We were able to book this hotel through our Wyndham timeshare points. We deposited so many points into our membership with Interval International and booked this resort near Disneyland Paris. We booked off peak so it wasn't difficult getting this place. We stayed for one week.

All are cottages and we had a 2 bedroom, 2 story one. We had a kitchen, living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths...Flat screen tvs in each bedroom. The beds are so comfortable! It was only my husband and I but it didn't matter. We loved the place. It was a great place to end the evening b/c of the long day we had in Paris. Some of the reviews I read before leaving for Paris said that the rooms were not all that great. I disagree and was pleasantly surprised to see how lovely the rooms were. We didn't have to call anyone to fix anything or complain. It was really cold and we never had any problem with the heating. The decor is not overstated and just feels like home. I didn't think there would be housekeeping knowing that timeshares don't usually do that (maybe once a week) but not more than that. Housekeeping did come by each day except for maybe the last two so that was nice considering that most timeshare locations we've been to do not come by that often.

There is an indoor and outdoor pool, game room for the kids and computer room. You have to purchase a card from reception to use the internet. We bought a 30 min card for about 5 or 10 euros.

Transportation: To be honest, it is far from the center of Paris where all the touristy-type things are...the Louvre, Notre-Dame, etc. However, it was easy taking the bus from the hotel to the train station. You take the RER (Marne la Vallee) straight into Paris (we got off at Chatelet Les Halles every day). You definitely need to purchase the Paris Visite pass so you can take the bus, RER, or the Metro for the time you are staying there. That way you don't have to pay to travel into the city every time. We even stayed out late in Paris and was still able to get back to the hotel using the RER and bus. I wouldn't depend on taxis. For some reason, there are not loads of them waiting to pick people up from the RER. Or maybe it was b/c of the time of year...I don't know. Remember, even though it's been a long day travelling in and out of Paris, the hotel is just what you need to complete the evening.

There is a shuttle to and from the Marriott to the RER (Marne la Vallee) and costs 2 euros to use. You have to make a reservation for it and not sure you can depend on it to get you back to the hotel...especially if you want to stay out late. So we didn't use it.

You can take the RER from Charles de Gaulle. We did that upon arrival but decided to book SuperShuttle to get back to the airport. Yes...SuperShuttle is in Paris as of September 2009, I believe. After a great week and obviously pretty tired, using the SuperShuttle from the hotel was a good move.

We also took a side trip to London on Eurostar. You can take the Eurostar directly from Marne la Vallee to St. Pancras station in London. Unfortunately, it was only going to London on certain days from Marne la Vallee and the day we were going, it wasn't running. So we had to take the RER to Gare de Nord and pick up the Eurostar from there. I suggest you take it from Marne la Vallee if you can.

Dining: There are not really any restaurants nearby. You can order food from the restaurant bar but before 9 PM I believe. The Market onsite stays open until 10PM so you can get snacks. I am pretty sure you could walk to some restaurants but it was so cold, we weren't about to walk that far! If you get in late, the RER is basically Disneyland Paris. Disney Village tends to be open later than other places and there are restaurants where you can eat in or take away to the hotel. We did that a few times that week.

The quality of food at the bar was okay. You can order things like pizza, chicken tenders, fries, etc. The Market onsite has items like coke, water, juice, breakfast items, coffee, and other frozen food items you can use in your microwave in the room. It's okay. We bought breakfast items so we can eat that before we left for the RER.

Customer Service: I read some reviews that said service wasn't that great at the hotel. We had no problems. All spoke French and English and were very friendly. Attempting to speak French first always helps though.

All, in all, great hotel. Definitely would recommend it. We hope to go again with the family during the summer months.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank KEEPTRAVELLIN
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Ill post the important info for all ya'll. If you need any more just ask, I'll try to help.

I flew into CDG airport. I then took the train from the airport to Marnee La Valle Chessy. It took about 10 mins and it takes you right to the EuroDisney theme park. From there you can catch one of the public buses, take a cab, or take the hotel shuttle (if you are lucky enough to be there when it's there). The trip from the park to the hotel takes about 10 minutes as well, so even though its in the middle of nowhere you can get there pretty quick!! I followed these instructions: http://parisbytrain.com/tgv-train-cdg-to-eurodisney/

Now the trip from Eurodisney to downtown is a WHOLE OTHER STORY. Plan on getting up real early or getting your tickets a day in advance. I had to wait in line for about an hour just to get my tiny little metro ticket that takes me downtown. They don't have electronic kiosks to buy your tickets which I thought was very surprising. They just have one guy (maybe two) standing in a booth who processes your tickets one by one. It takes so long and I wish I knew ahead of time. The train ride to downtown takes about 45 minutes each way. I wasn't traveling with kids, but I saw people who were and they seemed beat. I would say get a rental car, but I imagine parking in Paris would be just as aggravating.

The resort is okay. They have one outdoor pool that is heated by the sun (only open in the summer) and another indoor pool. They have a small pool bar and grill on-site as well that serves burgers and a few other things. The internet is free and works well. They have a business center but its ridiculously expensive as you would expect. They have a kids area, a workout room, and a spa with a steam room. They also have a ping pong table.

The villas are ENORMOUS town houses. They have the kitchen, half bath, and living room downstairs with a full size sofa bed. They have German MTV which I was mesmerized by......You walk upstairs via a small spiral staircase. Upstairs has a guest room with two twins and then the master bedroom with a king. There are two bathrooms upstairs for each room. This property isn't really handicap accessible, but I do believe they have one or two accessible rooms. Make sure you request those if you think you will need it otherwise you will be stuck sleeping on the sofabed :)

There is a small little village area walking distance next door. This village has a huge grocery store that will have everything you need to stock your kitchen. I bought these little jelly filled pastries from the bakery inside that were delicious. You can also take the public bus to some of the other places nearby (there was a mall I think) but other than that there really is nothing to do out there.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank chaub
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Generally pleasing experience at this Marriott VC near Paris.
On the positive side, if you are used to Marriott you will be immediately familiar with the features of this gated MVC with its Market place, indoor and outdoor pool and fitness center, roomy fully fitted apartments (townhouses actually) and extremely comfortable beds. Compare to the usual MVC standard, I did fine room for improvement in a few areas: service mindset at the front desk could improve and housekeeping is not as thorough as in other MVCs. A couple of defect in the villa were fully rectified. Villas are very spacious and beds with the usual Marriott comfortable bedding. Driving to/from Paris however is a real chore given the intensity of the traffic. No restaurant on site, but a very nice Pakistany restaurant "Warma" is located within a short driving distance (or 15 mins walk). WiFi is not free.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bailly-Romainvilliers
Disneyland Hotel
Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
#3 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Disney's Sequoia Lodge

Been to Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France? Share your experiences!