Stayed here for 3 nights around going to Disneyland Paris. Its approx 2km away from the park, totally perfect for visiting as they have a shuttle bus which is 2 euro per head return. We had a 2 bed townhouse, which was tastefully decorated, immaculately clean, very cosy and much bigger than we expected. The bedrooms are upstairs, one has a superking 6ft bed and an en suite with a huge bath/shower over, bedroom 2 has twin beds, use of a separate bathroom with a double shower unit. Both have huge closets, and massive plasma TVs. Downstairs you have a big lounger diner with a TV/DVD and stereo. Kitchen which is small but perfect, big fridge, with a freezer unit on top. A washing machine and a dryer. A microwave, a kettle, a toaster, and they have laid on everythng you would want. Double doors and big windows out onto golf course or lake views. Ducks and weeny birds everywhere. Really beautifully kept grounds, nice walkways. Good kids play area.
The outdoor swimming pool (which looked amazing) was closed for winter, but we went into the indoor pool, which was good. 2 jacuzzis and lots of loungers. Lovely big towels. Lockers cost 1 euro. Good showers. But no real shallow end, so not great for little bubbas who cant swim or touch the bottom. Nicer for adults.
There is a kids club, for ages 4+ - we did not use it.
Low points were the reception/check out which is uber-slow, we waited 25 mins for check-out at 10am, because they were checking in a family of about 50 japanese people without fluent french at 10am (I thought check in was 4pm!!). They cant fast check you out because they apply a check out tax (everywhere in france does this).
There is no restaurant here - so no breakfast and no room service.There is a bar which is open from 5pm, which does do bar food but there is extremely little choice and it is all deep fried or microwave garbage and tastes awful but costs the earth. Not recommended at all. It is however, a really nice looking bar, so good for a drink.
There is a market shop on site, which is daylight robbery. Go to the supermaket 5 mins walk in the village. Much better. You definitely do need to bring food along with you here. We thought we'd not bother because it was a Marriott and was bound to have a proper restaurant on site, but it really does not.
There is no spa service.
However, that said, it is a lovely place, and we will definitely return, laden with food.
I would also recommend you take some candles, bath foam (you get a soap and a shampoo nothing else), and some lovely wine - this is a perfect spot for a romantic night in once the kids are asleep!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A vacation home that feels like home Close to thrilling theme parks and attractions, yet nestled in the charming French countryside, Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France is a welcome retreat for relaxation and rejuvenation. Indulge in a world drenched in tradition while embracing a flair for impeccable taste and unfaltering style. Whatever your agenda, a holiday at Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France is the perfect European vacation. Resort Amenities** Owners Clubhouse and Bar The Marketplace*: Perfect for grab-and-go meal options, snacks, coffee, soft drinks and necessities Le Bistro bar, on-site restaurant serving casual food and open in the evenings only Heated outdoor pool and whirlpool spas Heated indoor lap pool Outdoor children's pool Fitness center, game room Multipurpose fun court Kids activity center with outdoor playground We speak your language! Hotel Chain : Marriott Vacation Club ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Village d`Ile-De-France Hotel Bailly-Romainvilliers
- Marriott Ile-De-France
- île-De-France Marriott
- Marriott's Village D'lle-De-France Ile-De-France/Bailly-Romainvilliers