We have previously enjoyed four stays at this resort over the years. Our stay this time was from the 22nd February to the 1st of March. Our plans were minimal, just intending to relax and enjoy the facilities and the local village amenities. Our room number was 2301, which was a lovely end townhouse near the indoor pool and not too far from reception. We arrived at about 4pm on check in day and our room was ready and waiting. We had a lovely helpful receptionist who made directions to room clear.
The accommodation was the usual superb standard we have come to enjoy at this resort. The kitchen was clean and well equipped with toaster, oven, microwave, hob, coffee maker, kettle and fridge freezer. The small utility had washer and dryer also. All the appliances looked brand new and of good quality. The furniture in the lounge area was also very new looking. We had a lovely view out over a pond with ducks and swans, which we enjoyed feeding when weather permitted.
The bedrooms are a good size, the master bed especially is large. Great walk in wardrobes and a good size safe for any valuables. The master had a bathroom with huge bath, twin sinks and loo. Separate family bathroom had good side shower cubicle and loo with single sink. Hair dryers were provided in both as well as mirrors and storage.
Housekeeping came daily to clean bins and swap towels and make beds.
So apart from simply unbeatable accommodation what about the rest of the resort?
The mini market on site is well stocked with a variety of goods from alcohol, convenience foods, sweets, but best of all fresh bread. Nothing like waking up in the morning and strolling over for a fresh croissant or baguette, the smell was simply lovely. Ok the price was a little higher than in the local village bakery, but we would pay for the freshness, and hey we are on holiday. The staff in here were very friendly and humorous for our kids.
The indoor pool was lovely. Good changing areas and a nice size pool. It was closed one day for maintenance due to someone's child having an accident, but other than that it was well looked after. Outdoor pool was closed seasonally at the time of our stay, but looked a good size with fountains etc.
Kids activities were organised but ours did not join in as not too bothered. Daily cinema showings were also arranged. Did not eat in the restaurant but menu looked ok although a little expensive.
One little gem was the basketball court on the resort which was astroturfed and enclosed. Our family had a great time here when the weather permitted.
The local village was a small walk away and had lots of nice places for food, including a supermarket, a bakery, and some restaurants. We have twice eaten at the pizza shop here, which also does takeaway. I can heartily recommend the tuna and olive pizza, yum. Supermarket not bad price. It is a carrefour and has fresh and frozen produce choices. The bakery nearby is amazing, lots of choice, bad for the health conscious. Their baguettes were very nice indeed. We noticed a pancake restaurant but did not eat there as we mostly self catered, but would probably try if we went again.
Had one day in the disney parks, visited local val de Europe shopping centre and sea life centre, and the big Auchan supermarket there. Also drove to big carrefour supermarket on a104.
Weather was half rain half sun so not bad for February.
Just a lovely holiday and very relaxing. Would come back again anytime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A vacation home that feels like home Close to thrilling theme parks and attractions, yet nestled in the charming French countryside, Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France is a welcome retreat for relaxation and rejuvenation. Indulge in a world drenched in tradition while embracing a flair for impeccable taste and unfaltering style. Whatever your agenda, a holiday at Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France is the perfect European vacation. Resort Amenities** Owners Clubhouse and Bar The Marketplace*: Perfect for grab-and-go meal options, snacks, coffee, soft drinks and necessities Le Bistro bar, on-site restaurant serving casual food and open in the evenings only Heated outdoor pool and whirlpool spas Heated indoor lap pool Outdoor children's pool Fitness center, game room Multipurpose fun court Kids activity center with outdoor playground We speak your language! Hotel Chain : Marriott Vacation Club ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Village d`Ile-De-France Hotel Bailly-Romainvilliers
- Marriott Ile-De-France
- île-De-France Marriott
- Marriott's Village D'lle-De-France Ile-De-France/Bailly-Romainvilliers