My wife and I exchanged our Marriott timeshare in Florida and stayed at Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France for a week in September of 2012. Travelling with no kids, our intent was to spend as many waking hours in Paris as possible over the 7 days we were there.
Starting with the positives:
- The staff was first-class! Everyone we encountered throughout the week was extremely helpful, professional, and pleasant. I was very much impressed. Having caught the red-eye over from Washington DC, we arrived VERY early on check-in day (8AM), but the staff had no problem getting us a room.
- The ambiance of the resort was also very nice. The pond and the surrounding villas really did give it a "village" feel.
- Shuttle transportation to the Marne La Vallee/Chessy train station (also the front gate of Disneyland) was available, but spotty. We frequently waited well past pick up time and sometimes just gave up and took the city bus back to the Marriott. My recommendation....if you buy the Paris Visite transportation pass (we had the 5-day, 5-zone pass for 53 Euro per person), the bus from the front gate (about a 1/4 mile walk) will drop you at the station, as well, and you can avoid paying the 3 euro per person shuttle charge. The Paris Visite pass give you unlimited Train (into the city), Metro, and Bus privileges and is definitely the way to go.
- If you are going to be visiting Paris, the Marriott is about a 40-minute direct train ride each way. Very comfortable and easy to navigate. We visited 6 days straight and never had a problem.
The Negatives? Really only one. The cleanliness of the villa we stayed in was far below my expectations for a Marriott....especially a Marriott resort! The shower was caked with mould for starters. The grout on the tile floor was black and had not been cleaned in months. Generally, the place needed a good thorough scrubbing (and I am not a neat freak by any means!). Everything else was fine.
Would I stay there again? Yes. There were too many positives to outweigh the cleanliness issues addressed above. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have. I'll be happy to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one of our guest favourites in Bailly-Romainvilliers The Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France resort is situated in Bailly-Romainvilliers, in the countryside just beyond Disneyland Paris. It offers fully equipped villas for up to 8 guests with free internet access. The Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France resort offers 2 to 3-bedroom villas, each with living room, dining area, full kitchen and private terrace with scenic views. They also have satellite TV and a DVD player. Each villa is equipped with a bathroom and guests can take advantage of complimentary towels and bed linen. Guests are also invited to enjoy the indoor pool and seasonal outdoor swimming pool as well as the fitness centre. Guests can enjoy a meal at the on-site restaurant. Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France overlooks Golf Disneyland, a 27-hole golf course near the theme park. Val d'Europe Shopping Centre and RER Station is just 5 km away. In Bailly-Romainvilliers you will find a cinema and a small restaurant. This property also has one of the best-rated locations in Bailly-Romainvilliers! Guests are happier about it compared to other properties in the area. This property is also rated for the best value in Bailly-Romainvilliers! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! Hotel Chain : Marriott Vacation Club ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Village d`Ile-De-France Hotel Bailly-Romainvilliers
- Marriott Ile-De-France
- île-De-France Marriott
- Marriott's Village D'lle-De-France Ile-De-France/Bailly-Romainvilliers