All reviews ice cream salad organic food mango dive shop alona beach cassava pesto spread home grown pandan the cliff edible flowers ribs honey based unique flavors guided tour fried rice
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I went to Bohol in mid September 2012 for a a long weekend with my Filipina girlfriend. It was rather unplanned trip, so we arrived to Tagbilaran without any confirmed reservation, although I did some research. Bohol Bee farm was the first on my list and we did not search any further. I should say it was right decision. Good things about the place .... it has some idea behind it. Many places boast good facilities, nice location etc - Bohol bee Farm has it all plus it has some strong values which it embeds in everything starting from the design of the place to the service. We got upgraded to a great sea view room for a third of the rack rate ... well it was low season. The meals are great and especially was the platter for 2 share which came as a great assortment of various dishes. Staff was friendly and helped a lot. Not always they remember you by name if you stay just few nights :) Location is a bit secluded, but the tricycle is cheap, so you can easily reach to Alona beach (which to me is a bit overrated), some night spots etc. All in all - great stay well beyond my expectations.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanilaOrlantsev
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to bohol last July 2011 and it was definitely a dream come true. I've always wanted to go to this side of the Philippines to see the endangered tarsier (the smallest monkey) and ofcourse, the Chocolate Hills. I'm a bit surprise that there's a place called the Bohol Bee Farm. We did not stay here but it's our first stop in our itinerary. We had our lunch there and I can't forget the flower gourmet in the meal. It's our first time to eat such kind of food.

The entire area itself id very peaceful and not to mentioned the beautiful private island that this farm has. We wish to stay to there but we were already booked in Panglao Beach Resort. Bohol Bee Farm is a must-see attractions in Bohol.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed there for three nights in late July with our children.
It is located more or less halfway between Tagbilaran town and Alona beach.
Upon checking in, we were instantly upgraded to Panglao room with fabulous views, and it was very good value indeed.
The room price includes very good buffet breakfast, and we enjoyed it every morning.
You can eat their organic vegetable salad as much as you want!
The only complaint about breakfast is that hot drinks are only coffee and hot chocolate, no black tea or herb tea.

They also offer free transfer to/from airport or pier.

The room was spacious, clean, with large balcony facing the ocean.
It had one king size bed and one sofa bed, so we, two adults and two children, could stay very comfortably.

We ate dinner at their restaurant every evening.
It is ocean view, very pleasant, and the foods are quite good.
Try their course menu, helpings are so large and we ended up taking out many of the dishes.

They also offer complementary farm tour, and it is quite interesting.

The only shortcoming is that its beach is rocky and not good for swimming, although at low tides some sand beach will emerge.

There is a souvenir shop selling honey, herb products, handcrafts, etc., and many tour buses come during daytime.
We actually love honey and always eat imported honey from New Zealand at home, so we were quite eager to try their honey as well.
But we were quite disappointed, as their honey was quite watery (looked more like syrup than honey) and seemed not very good quality, so we didn’t buy it.
Also, we thought their honey and herb products were very much overpriced, and most products even didn’t have labels to indicate their ingredients.
Having said so, their handcraft shop was quite interesting and prices were reasonable.
Also, their ice cream is excellent, so be sure to try.

Overall, it is a nice and relaxing place to stay, excellent value, and a good alternative to busy and noisy Alona beach.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went here to do the Bohol Bee Farm tour and eat at their amazing restaurant. The resort lies at the end of a dirt road in what feels like the middle of nowhere. If you stay here, the facilities of the resort will all you will have to choose from. There is a private swimming area that you can get to by going down the side of the cliff and swimming off the dock. However, I did not like how the pool was right in front of the checkout desk--the staff could basically watch you swim. Regardless, the they had three or four jacuzzis in a small area the people could use. The resort was clean and had character. There is an amazing store there where you could by organic food that they have made themselves. Try the muffins! I would consider staying here for only one night if I were to ever return to Bohol, but I would want to spend a majority of my time on Alona Beach.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Bohol Bee Farm is a great place for relaxation. Scenic views. Since the hotel is standing on a cliff. The architecture is above average. The planning for the place has been rough though. A number of directions/signs will guide you in the place. The food is very good. Try the spareribs! The salads are amazing they use fresh flowers and naturals in the menu. The rooms/villas are very good. Very relaxing. Plus the not so conventional ice cream flavors. For first timers in Bohol, Bee Farm is a recommendation. I suggest travellers to go to beachfront during lowtides around 6am to appreciate marine life.

Room tip: Book early during peak seasons. Choose the room on second floor for a nice sunset.
Date of stay: May 2012