We spent 4 nights at PINR at the end of September. The resort is beautiful and well-kept. A very calm, peaceful environment (theoretically). Noting on their website prior to booking that there were renovations in progress, I specifically asked and was told that it was in the lobby area and should not disturb us. True, it did not disturb us when we were in our villa but when we were sitting at the beautiful infinity pool with the sea in the background, it was very disturbing. The renovation was not in the lobby, it was at the poolside. Jack-hammering. Horrible. After complaining, it was first suggested that we sit by the pool at the opposite end of the resort which is in no way as beautiful and not the reason we chose this resort. Finally (after more complaining) they stopped the work while we were at the pool.
Food was very disappointing. The package is half-board so breakfast and dinner are included. But the choices were unappealing (oil-soaked breaded meats that were not even adequately browned, for example). We decided to order off the menu instead which was a good idea but were only allowed to do that for dinner. Plus we were only given a portion of our meal coupon "value" to apply to our food choices which felt funny. The breakfast buffet was also unappealing with cold pancakes and french toast. A cappucino was made from drip coffee with foamed up milk from the blender, which we had to pay extra for. When I wanted a fresh fruit juice, we had to pay extra for it. Unfortunately there are no other places in the area to eat.
During our last night, there was a party for teenage girls on the island. The microphone and music was extremely loud in our villa and after about 9 pm, there girls were screaming about every minute for 1-1/2 hours. When i called the front desk at 9:30, we were told that the party would be over at 10 pm. When it was still going strong after 10, we were told it would be finished by 11.
Mattresses and pillows were both very hard.
We were in a sea-side villa with our young-adult daughter. Although the location was wonderful, the room is very tight for 3 persons.
Overall, the on-site daily presence of the hotel general manager was lacking. He or she is apparently onsite only 1 or 2 days per week and it is apparent. Although the staff was very friendly and willing, it was clear that they were lacking in training and supervision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If your idea of fun and relaxation is a mix of exploration and a little adventure, or simply, just to connect yourself to nature, we are inviting you to MITHI RESORT AND SPA, which is only 20 minutes away from the airport and the seaport and a 15-minute leisurely drive from Tagbilaran City, the capital of Bohol, Philippines. Nestled in a 14-hectare natural terrain, this uniquely secluded resort is endowed with half a kilometer white sand beach which is exclusively for the use of resort guests. The room accommodations are three meters elevated from the beach, which in effect, not only offers a panoramic view of Tagbilaran Bay with a mountain range as backdrop, but provides better security as well. The resort has facilities for honeymooners, wedding events, as well as conferences, company, school, family and group outings, extended vacations, weekend escapades and other types of celebrations. Apart from the excitement that the island has to offer, the resort proudly presents the Mithi Spa, a perfect haven for quiet relaxation and pampering. Spa offerings include a full menu of massage, signature therapies and beauty treatments. The Dream Islet right in front of the beach, and the resort's natural underground cave where you can take a plunge in its natural clear waters, add even more uniqueness to this piece of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mithi Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panglao Island Nature Hotel Panglao Island
- Panglao Island Nature Resort
- Panglao Beach Resort
- Panglao Nature Resort
- Bohol Resort
- Mithi Resort And Spa Bohol Province/Dauis