Open today: 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Intruction to freediving

I did the level 1 course at Freediving+ in Panglao. They have brand new facilities just 50 m from... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
pabblo100
Blanes, Spain
via mobile
Good training with instructor Edwin.

I've had a wonderfull time in the second half of december 2018. The place is nice and quit and next... read more

Reviewed February 26, 2019
PeterH6934

All reviews free diving ssi level beautiful reef sardines minute swim thanks guys water temperature the location is perfect knowledgeable instructors breathing techniques training program home away from home amazing instructor few meters whale sharks see you soon panglao island
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

Freediving+ in Panglao island is great place for freediving training. We spend one month in December, first week was Ssi3 certification and then 3 weeks of training in autonomy.
First, the owner was super responsive to make the trip we wanted happen in short notice.
The quality of the course was very professional and we learned a lot from experienced and committed instructors.
The other coaches around were always ready to give us some extra tips and diverse good advices on the island local life.
The location is great, depth and 28degrees water straight from shore and a small pool, there is even a mini bibliotek and yoga mats at the center.

The hardest part was to support the air temperature in the rest days.
One practical recommendation - it is easier if you organize accommodation before arriving.

Date of experience: December 2018
VincentTraveller, Owner at Freedive+ Freedive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2019

Hi Capucine! It was really nice having you and Sergey around. I enjoyed the Level 3, and it was great seeing you both making big jumps.

I'm sure we'll meet again somewhere soon - already looking forward to it!

All the best in the cold weather - happy that you are enjoying it :)

Panglao is missing you!

Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

I came here for SSI level 1 freediving course. Everything was perfect since the first enquiry contact. Really helpful and clear information provided in every respect before I even arrived in the country. The location provides easy access and safe entry point to the open sea. Amazing underwater world just seconds from the shore. The staff and the management of FreeDiver+ are friendly, extremely helpful and flexible. The people here plus the location make it an impeccable choice for diving courses.

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank Calapen
Reviewed November 27, 2018 via mobile

Safety, Highly Qualified Staff, and Location, Location, Location.
Can't recommend this place any more.
They have the single best location for FreeDiving in Bohol (and perhaps Asia).
Highly professional and courteous staff, easily contactable and always willing to help...
Great for ALL levels of FreeDiving - 10meters to 100+

Date of experience: June 2018
Vincent S, Owner at Freedive+ Freedive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Thank you for the review my friend! In your 3 months here, you've become a serious and high level freediver. Thank you for coming here! It's always good having you around.

Reviewed November 26, 2018 via mobile

As a beginner, I was a bit terrified of freediving. I had worries before I even started the course and panicked when we finally had to go into the open water.

But thanks to our reliable and (very) supportive instructor, Kuya Edwin, we enjoyed every minute and had fun during our basic freediving course, despite the slightly choppy waters!

My friends and I were complete newbies to freediving. But after just a day of learning breathing techniques and realising just how capable the human body really is, we were able to go into the open water, apply what we learned, and had a blast in the process.

It was amazing how Freedive+ encourages you to challenge your understanding of your limitations and break that mold you put yourself into. The initial discomfort that the unknown brings slowly turns into something wonderful that you take with you forever.

My friends and I are already planning to return soon and get our SS1 Level 1 training. We're excitedly talking about bringing new friends in and sharing the experience with them.

We are particularly grateful for Kuya Edwin! We couldn't have asked for a better instructor to introduce us to this amazing sport. I personally felt safe from start to finish and I wonder now why I was so scared in the first place.

To those of you who, like me, had hesitations and fears about freediving, I encourage you to give Freedive+ a try. They'll help open you eyes to the beauty of the ocean depths and make the process very enjoyable, too!

Date of experience: November 2018
Vincent S, Owner at Freedive+ Freedive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2018

Hi Kristine, thank you for your review! Edwin was very excited about your course and enjoyed teaching you freediving He was very happy. Hopefully, we'll get another chance to catch up.

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

I had been looking for a place to do my level 3 for a while and I’m super happy that I choose Freedive +, not only did they get back to my first enquiry email super fast but it is also a great learning environment! I got sick during my course and taking a couple days of was not only not a problem but encouraged rather than rushing through to finish! :-)
The school is located right by an amazing reef so when diving you usually run into a whole bunch fish which is always amazing. We even did a night snorkeling/diving session around the fullmoon which was amazing to get to look at the reef with the moonlight.

10/10 would dive here again! :-)

Date of experience: November 2018
Vincent S, Owner at Freedive+ Freedive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2018

:) Thank you Tori! Happy to hear you like FREEDIVE+. We all enjoy having you around too!