“the best place to be relaxed”

Sherwood Bay Resort
Ranked #9 of 12 Dauis B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“the best place to be relaxed”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

If you want to be relaxed, I would recommend u stay here. It's just a little far from Tagbilaran Port. So if you want to enjoy beach, it couldn't be a appropriate place for you. Because it doesn't have its own beach. However, speaking of facilities, all of those are just new. You can also try diving(if you have a license) , jet ski, dolphin watching and all kind of activities which can do in Bohol. The restaurant has also a nice view, and the food was amazing. I hope you would enjoy and be satisfied the resort like i did.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kylekim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cebu
Reviewed April 22, 2009

About 15 - 20 minutes from the port of Tagbilaran City, in Bohol Island, Sherwood Bay is the place where you'll find the peaceful and relaxing quiet. But it doesn’t mean that there’s no adventure. I think this is the one place where you can enjoy both adventure and the peaceful quiet.

The adventure begins as we were approaching the place through an unpaved road - typical of countryside Philippines. The locals said that the government is planning to pave the road. But I don’t think it’s terrible, in fact I’d also say that keeping it unpaved is more exciting (but that’s just me).

As we arrived at the hotel, I could already feel the privacy of the place from the gate to the drop-off area. At first, I thought the place was somewhat internally oriented. But as we moved closer, I could see the scenic view of the sea and the island of Cebu farther back.

Sherwood Bay has a strategically located large green outdoor space suitable for wedding receptions, debut/birthday parties, family reunion/parties, and other social gatherings. You may also do your calisthenics exercises there. The place has two swimming pools. The one which has a portion intended for scuba diving lessons is located near the cozy restaurant. Sherwood Bay has a highly competent diving instructor and crew to guide you through in the exciting adventure in the ocean. They also served a variety of delicious food. For those who want to enjoy the quiet, and relax with the gentle sea breeze, the place is wide enough to accommodate them. Or you may stay in the comfort of your hotel units.

I have visited the place three times. I learned that this hotel is new. The rooms are large! Well furnished. The bathrooms are proportionally large as well. With hot and cold water, the bathtub is just as relaxing. My friends liked the Jacuzzi. I liked the bathtub.

I’d say this is the best place to share your time with someone important as well as to experience the adventure in the deep ocean.
I had the best holiday at Sherwood Bay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nikkei-France
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed April 20, 2009

First of all, I cannot express my appreciation to the staff of Sherwood Bay who made our stay wonderful. Second of all, we went there on a Holy Week which made it the perfect choice for you to practice your reflective side because the hotel is located in Songculan, Dauis – quite remote, I might say, for the citylover like me, but hey, it was solitude in a nutshell. There are hardly any other people around the area because the resort is set in a private lot and there is no beachfront so nobody from other side of the planet would just pop out of nowhere and disturb your aura.

The staff made our stay personal which makes the resort the best place for families. Sherwood Bay offers round-trip shuttle service from airport/pier to the hotel and back. I also met Chef Tony who earned my dad’s (who hardly likes anyone) approval. He absolutely loved his cooking and Chef Tony sometimes consults with dad on dishes that he might like. I never did get to try my favorite dishes such as pasta or steaks meals because my parents were strict on the No Meat Fasting thing on holy week.

Things to try in Sherwood: jetski, island hopping to Balicasag Island, dolphin watching, snorkeling and scuba diving. Free wifi access at the restaurant, too!

Next time! I cannot wait to go back there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristine R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauis
Henann Resort Alona Beach
Panglao Regents Park Resort
Panglao Regents Park Resort
#12 of 49 in Panglao Island
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 11 in Tagbilaran City

Been to Sherwood Bay Resort? Share your experiences!