All reviews other islands raf base fish curries free island island hopping pool bar lunch and dinner free bicycles local life white beaches close to the airport don t expect addu atoll main reception eagle rays bike rides
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

I never stayed in this hotel but we all friends use to go for booze here...bar side is really good...food is also nice specially devil chicken is good starter to have if you like spicey food and liquer is also available lil expensive but in that island only this place provides booze

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Too many cats on the property, keeps sneaking up on you. Lots of insects in the room and toilet dead and alive. Staff are friendly and nice though and room is okay except for the insects and cats which is scary and annoying

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Bad service, inattentive staff! Found one big cockroach in toilet at 10pm , room 126, I killed it with free magazine in the room and left it near trash bin in toilet. I informed reception in the morning and ask them to clean it up. I couldn’t believe when I returned to the room at 4pm! The same magazine was placed back on dressing table next to my stuff! I complained to manager / afternoon reception and all I got was cold, ignored mindset.
And I’m the one removed that magazine out myself. Please stay away , go to other resort, this is super poorly trained staff with lack of common sense of hygiene! And can you imagine that it provided only one complimentary drinking water / day. Stingy !

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Oak N
Equatorvillage, Resort Manager at Equator Village, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Oak N,
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your stay at Equator Village.
I am disappointed to hear that you were dissatisfied with the way in which we dealt with the events surrounding your uninvited guest.
As a resort on a tropical island, it is possible to see a rich variety of wildlife including insects which are sometimes attracted to the buildings and people. Whenever we are informed by our guests, we take positive action in wildlife control to ensure that their presence does not cause unnecessary disturbance.
In your case, after reporting the sighting to reception, the insect was removed by the room maid. Having previously requested that the magazine be left in the room, the room maid followed instructions when cleaning to place it back; had she been aware of the part it had played in ridding your room of unwanted insects, the magazine would have been disposed of along with the insect.
I am sorry that a lack of communication led to your dissatisfaction at our resort and trust that you can accept our sincere apologies. We are always grateful to receive guest comments as it gives us an opportunity to reflect on our customer care and refine our practice where necessary to ensure that guest satisfaction is high.
i hope you do not judge the entire property by this one experience. We strive to do just one thing..... Create positive human connection. Feel free to reach me directly if you ever have any question or comments. Unfortunately it was not me at the Reception who met you.
Thank you once again and we look forward to serve you again.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

I have visited this hotel many times during my tenure in Maldives. Great value for money, Nice small bar, Decent food. Maldivian experience for budgeted traveler. The pool is small, but clean to use. Rooms are pretty small though

Stayed: September 2017
Equatorvillage, Resort Manager at Equator Village, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear VimalCarmel,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.Compare to other pools in Maldives our pool is larger but compare to pools in other country it might be smaller.
We hope we can serve you again.

Reviewed May 17, 2018

I was not planning to spend time while in Addu City in a closed resort. Hoever, one day, I was cycling all the was from Hithadhoo, where I was staying in the first few days of my Maldives vacation, and reached Equator Village.
After entering, I was blown away of how organized and gorgeous the place is. The facilities are amazing and it has everything you want. the best thing for me was the activities they have on daily bases wish was free for all inclusive costumers and with charges for the other ones.

I moved their to spend the last 3 days of my visit and I did not regret at all.

I was welcomed by Mr Wahid who was the manager and we had a very lovely chat.

The highlight of the place are:
1- the greenery and 3 little beaches with reef for swimming and snorkeling just by the doorsteps of the place.
2- the facilities of the place, gym, swimming pool, table-tennis, volleyball, etc.
3- the Amazing restaurant with 3 buffet per day and food that you cant get enough of.
4- the great activities provided, such as, fishing, island hopping, dolphin watching, deep sea snorkeling.
5- the spacious little villas and their setup.
6- it is very close to the airport.

I would defiantly recommend this place for anyone who wants to enjoy nature, food, and great service.

Room Tip: All are the same you just can chose closer to the beach or far from it. Depending on your preference.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank khuzama
Equatorvillage, Resort Manager at Equator Village, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2018

Dear Khuzama,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much! we all try our best to offer the best service within the best environment. We hope we will be able to serve you again.
Thank you so much.