“Simply the best Family owned restaurant”
Review of Saffron Restaurant - CLOSED

Saffron Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Ningbo, China
“Simply the best Family owned restaurant”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Olwen and James Carson are the owners of Saffron's restaurant. I've known them for about 5 years now and keep going back whenever I visit Uitenhage. Their current venue is a house turned into a restaurant so there's real privacy and intimacy in the environment.

The food is by far the best I've had in South Africa. After living and working in Cape Town and Johannesburg for > 10 years I am confident this is true. Their food not only tastes great but the presentation is like a 5 star hotel with the comfort of a small town setting.

Saturday mornings they offer a discount on breakfast but all around prices are good. Please send James or Olwen my best wishes if you decide to visit after reading my review. All items on the menu is recommended, so don't hesitate to try something new.

• Visited August 2013