“Nice afternoon tea, misleading pricing....”
Review of Mour Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Mour Bar & Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: mour hotel is a 4-star boutique hotel situated centrally on the Sherwood Business Park amongst an array of upmarket businesses and at a stone throw away from junction 27 of the M1. Designed by Amanda Rosa, the imposing building has an American loft feeling offering a quirky, yet luxurious place to meet, dine and sleep. Awarded most stylish hotel in 2006, guests can expect all their needs to be truly catered for in one of our 92 spacious ensuite bedrooms. Every modern amenity has been thought of for the discerning traveller. The hotel also offers three individually styled conference suites for business meetings or events. With elegant backdrops, wireless internet and boasting natural daylight, these unique suites are the envy of many and are sure to add a touch of individualism to any event. Refreshments are freshly made on the premises and our friendly and helpful staff will happily go above and beyond in order to ensure your stay with us is most memorable.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I had a nice afternoon tea here with a friend, the scones were lovely though not served warm and the other sweet offerings were not taste sensations but ok and we enjoyed the selection. We enjoyed the sandwiches but I always find it irritating when something is designed for sharing and there isn't at least two of everything, there were two flavours of sandwiches where only one of each was provided meaning you couldn't both enjoy all of the fillings. The staff were not very visible and we had to seek someone out when we were ready for our tea. I would recommend the tea to others BUT I left with a bad taste in my mouth around the pricing....
I purchased a voucher from Groupon for £17, which stated it had a face value of £34.95 for afternoon tea for two with sparkling wine. After I made the booking I received emails from Dakota advertising the same Afternoon tea at approx £8 per person. On the day, everyone clearly had the same offering. I was not advised that I had any value left in my voucher nor received anything extra to meet the value of £34, I felt duped by Groupon/Dakota into feeling I was receiving a discount when clearly I wasn't at all!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

The Dakota grill is a really nice restaurant with a nice bar area.

I ate here 2 nights in a row on a recent visit, both meals were great and the Wood Pigeon starter was the highlight.

Decent range of wines available, the staff were very pleasant and the service was very fast.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

went here for afternoon tea with my sister and 2 friends the whole experience was perfect from the moment we entered to going home lovely plush interior.was greeted with a glass of wine .very nice waiter nothing to much trouble the selection of sanwichs cakes and scones and pot of tea each was lovely .do try this place you will not be dissapointed. we will be back loved it thank you a lovely surprise tea for my sister as it was her birthday shes never stopped talking about it since x

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We are regular visitors of the restaurant, we visit at least once per month & we also had our Christmas Dinner here.
The food is always outstanding & the wine list is reasonable. Christmas Dinner was beautiful & we will be booking for next Christmas but bringing the whole family this time.
Beautiful setting inside with the large sofas & open fire.
I would recommend dining here to anyone who enjoys good quality food.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We visit here regularly for the restaurant, the food is always spot on, never had a complaint. They accept taste card on a weekend too which is a bonus.
My only gripe is the drinks, there isn't a huge choice especially the wine list which is fairly limited.
Always very good service from the staff.