“Unique and enjoyable”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tarmonbarry
Windsor, California
“Unique and enjoyable”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed with a group of adults and kids and really enjoyed the stay. Located on the River Shannon, the location is picture perfect. Clean, boutique style rooms, spotlessly clean. Had dinner in the pub, huge portions and buffet and cooked to order breakfast.. Only thing missing from breakfast was the Morning Papers! Great and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Amersham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on the way from Dublin to Westport.
There were 35 of us and they were great, they were ready for us and supplied a quick and tasty lunch of soup and sandwiches and salads, there were lots of dietary requirements and they catered for them all.

They are situated on the river which was lovely to watch some boats go by.

Thank you Keenans.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank P H
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at Keenan's over the last 17 months on a very regular basis. I believe I have just completed visit number fifteen.

Keenan's was highly recommended to me and my colleagues by one of our business partners from Longford.

I consider it an absolute privilege to be able to not only stay and dine here but also to share the friendship of the owners, Barry and Annette, and their very lovely staff.

So much do I enjoy my stays here that I brought my daughter to stay on a recent visit from Australia!

It is without hesitation that I recommend Keenan's of Tarmonbarry to fellow business travelers and social travelers alike.

Thanks to all.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Gerry K
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I travel down to the west of Ireland and would always stop off on Keenans, food an service r always top class, I travelled west last wk n stopped off as usual and got the chicken skewers, what a dish, from first bite to last amazing flavours n juices n dips unreal so I tip my hat to the chef amazing, looking forward to going west soon

• Stayed April 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here with work and what a fantastic place to stay.
I will be back at some point with my wife for a trip round Ireland.
Family run hotel and all of the people I met were great people I love the trip.
Thanks to all the family and staff at Keenan's for a Great stay.

Room Tip: one looking over the river towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Phil B
Offaly
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here many times, and first time staying.

Firstly, no one there to meet you on arrival, secondly shown to room by someone who was not interested in leaving their duties in bar and restaurant. They stomped and huffed all the way to the room and I had to ask about late access and breakfast.

The room is really well kitted out, spacious and comfy. However it was freezing and this did not appear to change later at night or early in the morning unfortunately. Thankfully duvets and sheets are good!

Breakfast was a disappointment for somewhere whose restaurant is really really good, I think I was only guest but it was a struggle to get anything at all.

Check out was also difficult and no one was there to accept payment. When I ventured to the bar, I was told they don't open until bar opens, but they took payment!

Overall, very disappointed and would not recommend. It appeared that guests were not welcome or wanted I'm sorry to say.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Myself and a friend have eaten here several times over the last eighteen months or so . We ate there last week giving it one final outing as our previous experience to this was also disappointing.....what do I say steak cold as was veg staff very friendly as normal but the reality is that keenans is pub grub at a hugely inflated price .....I actuall believe the steaks could possibly be the most expensive outside of Dublin and sadly the quality does not match the prices of anything on the menu. Disappointed

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarmonbarry
Viewmount House
#2 of 3 in Roscommon
Sheraton Athlone
Sheraton Athlone
#3 of 9 in Athlone

Been to Keenan's Hotel, Bar and Restaurant? Share your experiences!