“Avoid, the service station across the road has better food!!”
Review of The Moorings Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

The Moorings Restaurant and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Avoid, the service station across the road has better food!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We ordered fish and chips. The fish was so oily, the batter was dark brown and hard as a rock! The chips were also dark brown and over cooked. The service was NOT friendly, certainly couldn't get a smile from the lady serving and to top it off was charged $4 for a small bottle of water!! The service station across the road honestly has much nicer good there!!

• Visited September 2013

Broulee, Australia
“yum”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The fish and chips were the best I have had at the coast for a long time. Our family enjoyed our lunch there. Very busy you need to book, especially for an evening meal.

• Visited August 2013
Malua Bay, Australia
“Excellent meals on both visits to the Moorings”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I previously had a meal here, shortly after they opened. At that time, we enjoyed our lamb shanks, melt in the mouth and decent serves. I also had snails in garlic butter. On our last visit, 9/7/13, my husband, my mother (92) and I had a meal here. Luckily we booked because by 7pm the restaurant was nearly full. Service was prompt, and with a smile. The waiter was knowledgeable and most helpful when we asked about some dishes. We ordered two serves of Escargots Bourguignone (for mum and myself) for entree, total of $19.00. I would have liked a piece of bread to mop up the delicious garlic butter. My husband had half a dozen Oysters Kilpatrick, $15.50. For mains I had the delicious Braized Duckling with cherries, $26.50. Super delicious. My husband had Battered Prawns, $13.50, (entree size) which he was happy with. My mother had Calamari, Salad and Chips (child's portion, but it was a good size). She thoroughly enjoyed her meal. To drink we had a lemon/lime and bitters, $4.00, and bottle of Oxford Sav Blanc, $20.00, and mum had a small bottle of Moscato, $6.00. Total for the whole meal was $114.40, which we thought very good value. There were two waiting staff and towards the end of the evening they were busy. We were glad that we had made an early booking. Our meals were of a very good size and all delicious. They also have a fast food outlet and wood fired pizzas. We will certainly go back again and take some friends. A lovely restaurant in the small town of Tomakin. Worth visiting.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jackie B
canberra
“Stick to the Tomakin Club”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Average meal and very expensive for what we got. My husband ordered steak (medium)...and to our amazement it arrived with a large slit cut in to it, practically the whole way through where obviously the "chef" has checked to see if it was cooked. For the record it was overcooked and dry. My pork cutlet was cut into thin slices and cooked into little pieces of leather. The scallops still had the roe connected to them which was a turn off. To top it off, the background music was the local radio station giving the feeling that you were eating at a truck stop rather than a restaurant. If you want a good steak...go to the Tomakin Club across the road.

• Visited July 2013