We have just returned from a fantastic two weeks at the turtle beach. The setting was magical and the outside dining area awesome. To have breakfast and lunch and watch brown pelicans and frigate birds fishing was really amazing. Seeing turtles nesting, and babies emerging from the sand and making their way to the sea is a life time wildlife experience.
The hotel does need an upgrade. The deck chairs are dirty and lots are broken. Lots of things don't work and we didn't bother to complain as we knew that they wouldn't get fixed in our two week! There is a real problem with towel, both beach and room ones.Darnell and Dain in the dining room were fabulous as was Collin on reception. But some staff were rude to us when we requested things. The food is fine but lunch and dinner buffets are the same. We sat on the beautiful beach when at the hotel and there are a lot of beach vendors, but many are genuinely friendly and just want a chat. We hire a car to see stunning Tobago, so didn't book any trips and they still were very friendly. Michael lives along the beach in a beach house and we really enjoyed meeting him and hearing about island life. We did do a fab boat trip with Tuna man, aka Stumpy and he was brilliant.
We would love to go back as we totally fell in love with Tobago and the value for the flights and hotel booked through Monarch was incredible. If the little niggles were sorted out this hotel would be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "best beach resort experience in Tobago" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Rex Hotel Scarborough
- Turtle Beach Tobago
- Turtle Beach Rex Resorts
- Turtle Beach Hotel Tobago
- Turtle Beach By Rex Resorts Tobago/Plymouth