“Paradise”

Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Hi well we all know what its like looking over comments on trip advisor dont we?
We've just had 3 weeks here and loved it!!!!!!
Well let me put your mind at rest over this hotel and the lovely people associated with it!!
It is what is says it is 3* not 5 or 6 * the hotel is lovely but is not the ritz but lets face it, all you have to do is eat and sleep there.,
It is incredibly clean and the rooms are cleaned daily.
I have been going to the same hotel for some years now and it gets better everytime, when you stay here make sure you mix it up with the locals.
Dont be pressured into taking trips with your rep!!!! its much more expensive....Go with the locals, thats what they are there for ,their livelihoods depend on it so they are hardly going to rip you off.
Make sure you meet the likes ofBlacks,Engine Bob,Darren at the turtle watch and Lincoln at the front desk these guys will give you the full insight of whats what.
When you do get the chance to see the turtles which are amazing ,please follow the code....NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY........You are no more special than the person infront of you ...
The hotel offers an amazing warm welcome along with lovely staff.
The food is great and always served with a smile.
Just because you maybe all inclusive make sure you take in some off the restaurants, The Seahorse ,Jemmas kitchen and Sharon and Phebes in Charlottesville to name but a few.
I could go on forever but will leave it to you to discover this magical Island...."Paradise"
1 more thing this hotel is great for kids!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jamieandlisa
Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed May 2, 2011

Have recently returned from our two week holiday and we had a great time. The hotel might be a little tired in places but Mr. Nabil Chahwan and his staff were lovely and we had no complaints re the food. The staff were always happy and it was very evident that they were very team orientated. We were in room 351 which had a superb view of the beach and sea and we had the most amazing sunsets, shame that the weather was a bit mixed. We were also thrilled to see two turtles laying their eggs on the beach. We went to the Rain Forest with Peter Cox having seen his recommendations by previous guests and had a lovely day and also hired a car so we could do a trip around the island (highly recommended). Had Dinner at the Salsa Kitchen in Scarborough which was fab. Made friends with a couple of dogs (has anyone seen Bob Marley the brown and white one) who went missing a couple of days before we came home??? If you want a quiet, laid back location then the Rex and Tobago are for you.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sugarspiceColchester
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Booked all inclusive for a long weekend and was very impressed. The room was modern and was very well presented. Nice flat screen TV, lots of channels and a balcony overlooking the sea. The pool area was nice and you could literally step straight out of the hotel onto the beach. The staff were friendly and the buffet style meals offered plenty of choice. Really can't fault this hotel, for the price paid for the room it was excellent value. Would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Seadog243
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I have traveled all over the world, I have never stayed at a hotel that doesnt have electric sockets in the room, have poor communication between reservations and the actual resort or bland food. I tried to book my reservation directly through the hotel, and was told i couldnt because I didnt live in Trinidad, so I booked it online. I called the reservations number in the states, asked SPECIFICALLY if I should pay for an extra night because I would be arriving in the early morning, I was told that I wouldnt have to, I would be able to get my room upon check-in, be able to eat ( I purchased all incl for 2 adults, 2 children) and there would be a note in our reservation that we would be arriving early. We arrived at 10am, waited an hour & a half to get our room, then was told that we would have to wait until 3PM to partake in the all-incl restaurant- WHEN I SPECIFICALLY ASKED IF I SHOULD PURCHASE AN EXTRA NIGHT STAY SO I WOULDNT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS! So we arrived at 10am, had to wait until 3pm to eat, lunch was stopped being served at 3pm (tea & crackers at 4pm) , then dinner at 7pm. I was supposed to make 2 kids wait until 7pm to eat?!! The manager eventaully "LET US EAT" the dried out & whatever left over food was left at 230pm only after I complained. Horrible customer service! We may only be one family, but Rex Resorts will NEVER get a dime from me again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Staff very friendly and clearly there to make your holiday as happy as possible. Rooms a little 'tired' but as you only sleep, shower and change in them, more than satisfactory.

The advise is that Tobago time is slower than anywhere we been, your not being ignored... just be prepared to wait a little bit longer to get served

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Hotel - advertised as a 3 star ( or 3 V if you go with virgin) and it is that . If your looking for a clean , comfortable and family / couples ( depending on time of stay) holiday then that is what you will get . The hotel is located literally on the beach and in my opinion you couldnt get a better location . Rooms are clean ( could use a redecoration ) and are a good size , they have a tv but not the greatest selection of channels also a small fridge and French doors leading out onto the beach. The food was ok for Tobago standards but average for uk standards ( unless you like fish) . The pool is a good size and there is a dive shop on site which I used and found good . Some of the local staff in the hotel I found a bit miserable at times but generally ok (all the phillipinos working there were great ) . The locals on the beach who ask you to go on tours and sell craft are generally nice people , we were unsure about going with them but after a trip on a boat snorkelling found them to be really nice friendly people and would recommend using "woodys tours" from the beach for boat trips and "hans tours"(lovely guy) ask at reception for taxis and island tours(has 13 seat mini bus as well) , also heard "frankys tours" were good too but didn't get a chance to use him myself .

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Bigboykennoy
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Had a great first week at the Turtle Beach, visited the island beaches, forest and waterfalls. Its an a beautiful place. The hotel staff were amazing and the restuarant was above average and there was plenty to choose from.Rooms were clean, but mosquito were in a plentiful supply in the room. The room upgrade was toffee and totally not worth it, a couple we met had a better room and paid no extra, also had a full fridge. I got stung in the pocket dealing with the beach traders, this was due to my stupidity, mixed with the local puncheon(RUM) mixed with full throttle. A couple of really nice guys we went on trips with was Blacks and Franky . Had a really great time, we also went to Sunday School with Woody another great night. We also done the Carnival with Blacks, totally crazy morning (jouvert). The down side was the pool bar was ment to be open until 11:30, but closed between 8:30 and 9:00. Also we saw two turtles laying, which was another bonus. We had done so much in the first week we were totally shattered after 10 days and ready to go home. We did want any more ash trays, necklaces, trips, massages, birds made from horns, carvings etc. I had them brought all, lock stock and barrell. Now I had to give my clothes away, to fit all the bric-a-brac in my case. I think the Rum and the sun, had turned me loco. A big thanks to all the staff and guest who made it a holiday to remember. Big Show sorry I forgot to leave you my trainers. Also do not forget TJ's just a walk up the beach to Plymouth. A great bar plenty of local characters and live football.It was top draw we were made very welcome.

Room Tip: Mosquito plug for the room, totally for no smokers