All reviews the cliff smoked salmon room service sea view wedding venue living room small beach infinity pool access road beautiful place to stay remote location evening restaurant nearest town praia da turkish bath full kitchen gorgeous beach
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

I offered my fiance a night at the resort for his birthday. When we first arrived at the reception we were received by an employee under the name Agostino, he was the highlight of our experience, very knowledgeable about the services and tremendous sympathetic. He explained to us all we needed to know and answered all our questions promptly. After our check in and setting in our room we decided to visit the spa, that was when our visit started to be disappointing, the receptionist was in a hurry for us to leave and we don't understand why since Mr Agostino told us the spa closed at 19:00 and by that time was 18:05. While we were in the shower ( separated balneary ) she got inside to check on us, I didn't mind at that time but when my fiance told me that she did the same while he was getting dressed I didn't thought that was funny at all. Moving on... we decided to make a reservation at the restaurant that night and we specifically asked for a certain table, by the time we got back to the dining we didn't have the table and waited about 5 minutes for the waitress to set a table for us, as we started to have dinner I was delighted with the chestnut soup that I was having, but my partner was a little disappointed with his order ( smoked partridges that was extremely dry ). Our main courses was extremely delicious which lightened our mood. When I order desert I asked the waitress if that could come without the coffee reduction , she said that would be possible but when the desert arrived I was completely upset to know that there was coffee on the button of the creme brûlée, I explained to the other waiter that was there since I didn't see her for a very long time that I couldn't eat that because I am intolerant to caffeine and he asked me if i had explained this to his colleague, I was surprised with his reaction and said I didn't need to since I asked for the desert to be without coffee!!!! I picked another one and as soon as we were finished we asked for the check, just by then she appeared to apologize (after almost half an hour). We left and got back to our room that was quite cold and both of the AC was working, we lighted up the fireplace and finally the suite was in a good temperature. We decided to watch a movie that my partner have picked at the reception just to find out that the DVD reader wasn't working. The next morning we had an early breakfast that pleased us very much, the variety was very nice and fresh, the server was very polite and the view was incredible. We did the check out and left hoping not to experience that again.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Laìsa F
Reviewed January 2, 2017

I went to this hotel for Christmas. I love it. Very quiet, a spectacular view. Wake up to the noise of nature and its animals. A real landscape by the sea. The staff was always very friendly and helpful and always concerned with our well being. The rooms (villa) are very spacious and comfortable. Breakfast is nice. I highly recommend it.

Room tip: The villas with the sea view are the best (the 400's villas)
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2016

My husband and I had the most glorious four days at Suites Alba Resort! We were celebrating our 35th anniversary and arrived to a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! We had an ocean view townhouse and the view was sublime.
For us, the condo was sheer luxury: a TV in every room (and we did watch TV in every room!), the most comfortable beds, a beautiful, spacious bathroom... "the works".
The setting is very tranquil as no cars are allowed access to the condos and so it is possible to deeply relax. The walks on the cliffs are magnificent. And the spa and gymnasium are free to all guests.
Wilson, who greeted us, was very warm and welcoming and truly wanted us to have a lovely time at Suites Alba.
In short, I cannot recommend Suites Alba more highly.... we had a wonderful time!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank msea2015
Reviewed November 6, 2016

We had booked 4 nights at this resort in October and it was an amazing experience. The resort is a bit difficult to find but just as well. It is isolated and the only thing one can hear there is the sound of the ocean and watch the beautiful night sky with very little less in the darkness - quite a change to city dwellers. We had a sea-facing 2-bedroom suite. It was really spacious and had everything in there was just perfect. The sea-view cannot really be classified as perfect because it was the apartment at the very end of the resort facing the sea and there was about a 20m lawn between us and the edge of the cliff and had what we could classify as about 60-90 degree views as there were tall trees to one side of the apartment. There are some more central rel sea facing apartments but I believe they are their top-of-the-range facilities with built-in jacuzzis etc.This is not a complaint at all as the stay was mostly outside near the fabulous restaurant which had outdoor seating overlooking the sea and the outdoor pool area too or the semi-private beach area which is about 100m down the cliff - steep walk down, so not really suitable for families with very little kids and/or the old and frail unless they want to stay near the resort. I think all parts of that coast are similar thought. The Suites Alba has a great indoor pool (requiring a special cap sold at the resort's massage centre). The massage programmes were extensive and we had a 90-minute full body massage which was very relaxing as was the steam room/sauna and all the staff were very friendly. The choice of restaurants in the vicinity is really limited unless one decides to drive back along the last 5km of narrow (enough space for just one car - watch your mirrors!) roads which seem rather treacherous esp. if one needs to give way to opposite traffic, which thankfully was not that much in October. There is a beach cafe which seemed very popular. The beach areas and the coves are really beautiful. My wife and I spent an hour all by ourselves by the beach at sunrise and that was an exceptional setting for early morning meditation. A great stay overall and we wished we could stay longer. We will definitely be going back.

Room tip: See if you can get the more centrally located rooms or alternatively the rooms on the 1st level
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank VJ_London2World
Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

This place is quite simply put. Amazing. The welcome you receive puts you at ease straight away. The staff are brilliant.
The suites are enormous. Only 2 of stayed but it was like a house. Cleaned daily. Everything you need all under one roof.
We dined at the restaurant one evening and was Spoilt. Delicious and cooked to perfection.
Relaxing by the 2 pools or the short 3 minute walk to beach and pizza bar.
What more could you ask for.
Oh that's right a wedding venue that is to die for.
Over 60 weddings that are hosted each year and the one I wasn't lucky enough to go to was stunning.
Picturesque. Classy. Romantic. You name it. Jealous my friends found this gem as id be liking it up otherwise.
It's perfect.