“Great for families”
Review of Colina da Lapa

Colina da Lapa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lagoa
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just got back from 8 days here and can highly recommend Colina da Lapa. We stayed in an apartment, very spacious and clean. Large balcony area with views of farmland, with Portimao in the distance. It was difficult to locate as satnav doesn't recognise the postcode, but asked at petrol station and eventually spotted signs to follow at various roundabouts. Eventually arrived at around 10.30pm and very pleased to find restaurant still serving. Waiting staff all very lovely and helpful, food of good standard and service reasonably quick.
I have no negative comments. The weather in August was, for me, a little too hot, but the kids loved it with activities for them to take part in each day. All the other kids on the complex were lovely, atmosphere very relaxed and what more can you ask of a holiday. I can recommend the Portuguese lady who does the massage as she is very good and it was a very relaxing start to our holiday. Staff were happy to recommend sites to visit in the locality and there are plenty of beautiful beaches nearby but I would suggest hiring a car as there is not too much within walking distance.
I have read the reviews about hard beds, but found the mattresses to be firm but not uncomfortable. Apartments cleaned daily and to a very high standard.
One week wasn't long enough!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Fliberty
ColinaHotels, Gerente geral at Colina da Lapa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Guest , Customer and Friend

Thanks for your review here on trip advisor .

As you know the review are importante for all staff ,m to encoraje and continue give better and more quality.

In my name and name of my staff a big thanks for your kindly words

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just returned from a week here and had an excellent relaxing break. We were originally booked into a one bed apartment, but on arrival were upgraded to a 2 bed villa at no extra cost - so this was a real bonus (although the one bed aparts are apparently very spacious). The villa was very clean and there was ample space for the 3 of us. For the amount of time you spend in the villa itself, we found its facilities more than adequate. The maids attend daily to clean and change towels etc and all of the staff were extremely friendly, polite and helpful. We did not hire a car as we walked to a couple of local restaurants and either got the free bus into town or booked a taxi into Carveiro for our evening meals. The Colina restaurant also provides a good choice of food if you don't want to travel. As other reports have suggested a hire car is recommended and next time we would definitely book one.
There was no problem getting a sun lounger near the pool each day and we found it to be a very relaxing, quiet resort, perfect for a chilled holiday.
We chose Colina Da Lapa based on the trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We had a very enjoyable relaxing holiday and will definitely return, hopefully for a bit longer next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank norby1612
ColinaHotels, General Manager at Colina da Lapa, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest , Costumer and Friend

Thansk for your review here on the trip advisor , in my name and name of all my staff a big thanks for your kindly words .

As you know the kindly words are important for all professionals of Colina daLapa to incentive to keepted and give a better and better service with quality .

We hope to see you back top Colina da Lapa very soon

Kindest regards

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic week here. Booked on the basis of tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Our 2 bedroom villa was perfect for a family of 4. The villas are semidetached and set well apart, being on a hill you get lovely breezes and there is a general feeling of calm and space. Didn't hear the dogs that others complain of at all. We hired a car and I am glad we did. Our kids (7 & 10) loved Slide and Splash waterpark, and Zoomarine, and the Sand Sculpture exhibition. We liked our excursions to historical Silves and other villages. The Colina staff were helpful and friendly but not intrusive. The communal pool is just big enough for the number of guests but we never had any trouble securing sun loungers. Reception helped us every day with directions or tickets and it was such a hassle free way to holiday. The kitchen in the villa had a dishwasher and microwave but only the minimum of crockery and cooking utensils. If you wanted to cook a nightly meal it would be frustrating I think. But it was perfectly adequate for breakfast and a light lunch and we ate out most nights. It is easy to get around the area and reception always had helpful suggestions. I agree with other reviews, the on site restaurant is pleasant, but it was nice to have the freedom to try other local restaurants also.
The only frustration was having to go to reception to get wifi, and more choice of English TV channels would be nice.
The décor in the villa was not old, just old fashioned. Kitchen and bathroom were spotless and modern. The seating is very odd though - wooden benches with foam cushions. But otherwise difficult to fault the place.
So pleased we chose Colina Da Lapa and we will return.

3  Thank timtamfan
ColinaHotels, General Manager at Colina da Lapa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear guest, customer and friend,

On behalf of myself and our entire staff thank you for your kind words.
I'll get your comments to all the staff and with this I will encourage them to continue to improve the whole service.
Regarding the restaurant I decided to renew with the change of staff and the responsible for it because I felt exactly the same commented here, but I appreciate your comment because I think it was the best decision to make.
Regarding the paintings and other situations we will continue immediately after the high season, because we could not as it was our intention and due to the hard winter, but it will be a reality as other news.
As I mentioned before I will display an animation in the future not only for children but also more comprehensive for all ages.
Once again I thank your comment but I hope fleece again in the near future.

Yours faithfully
Director
Colina Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was our 4th visit to Colina Da Lapa since 2004. To be honest, we noticed a slight dip in service and the overall running of the place the last time we were there in 2010 but decided not to let that put us off booking again. I'm glad it didn't as the restaurant has now been taken over by new management and the pool bar was open for business every day. The menus have been updated and the food from the restaurant was really really good. The restaurant staff are very friendly and keen to please.

All the apartments have been painted on the outside since our last visit and they look far better ( I'm not sure if the insides have been done as we stayed in a villla). The villas could do with being freshened up as they are looking a little tired both inside and out. However, the daily maid service is fantastic and the villas are well equipped with everything you will need.

The complex is well looked after with the gardens being tended to regularly.
It's very much a family friendly resort. Our kids are too old for the kids club but they enjoyed the activities put on by Elsa both in the pool and around the pool. I felt her presence was enough and not too pushy when it came to getting everyone involved - it was just right.

We didn't have a car and relied on taxis to go into Carvoeiro at night times. There are plenty of excellent places to eat there and we enjoyed spending time in the square after our meal having a cocktail and listening to the live music that was on.

Overall, we had another fantastic time time at this complex and although for us, it's probably the last time we'll visit due to the age of our kids. I'd highly recommend it to other families.

1  Thank Mulberry1803

Dear Guest , Customer and Friend

Thanks for your review here on trip advisor . in my name and name of all my staff a big thanks
for your kinly words

Has you know are very importante for all profissionals of Colian da Lapa to continue with a good job and service to give a better and better qualkityu on the service

All of us hope see you very soon in your Portuguese home COLINA DA LAPA

Kind dest regards

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is probably the nicest place we have ever stayed on holiday. 2-bed villas are elegant and massively spacious. Cleaning is first class and the gardens are perfectly manicured and watered. The pool is a good size and there is plenty of space for sun loungers - including some wonderfully shady spots under trees. Food and drink at the restaurant and bar is good and the same good price as other local places - unlike some places I've been where they take advantage of their captive customers. I read a few of the negative reviews before we went and I am pleased to report that though the beds were firm, they were also comfortable with no springs sticking out! Also, though I could occasionally hear dogs barking in the distance it was fairly rare and not really distracting.

Criticisms (all minor)
Location - only 1 or 2 other places to eat withing walking distance (though the pizzeria in Sesmarias was excellent). On the other hand, the fact that it is so remote is probably why they have so much space
Slight smell of drains in upstairs bathroom.
Service at pool bar - Poor guy is there for most of the day with no-one to serve but when you want an ice-cream or a beer he usually seems to be off doing something else. Jose, by the way, was excellent. Very observant and always on top of things. Younger guys still have a bit to learn from him.
Sun loungers - could do with some maintenance. Many of them were very saggy and missing various bits. It was sometimes a struggle to find/assemble a good one.

All in all, excellent. Many thanks to the staff who were all so good.

2  Thank IanM63
ColinaHotels, General Manager at Colina da Lapa, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest / Customer and Friend

Thanks for your prefence for our services and cooments on trip advisor

In my name and name of all my staff a big thanks for your kindly words , that is very important for
all professionals works here .

All cooments ,and specialy this one are important for everyone continue the good work and incentive all in the future keepted and give a better service.

I will transmit and inform to all staff another good review

we hope to see you again and very soon

Please not hesite te contact us

G. Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have just come back from a fab holiday. staying in a 2 bed villa number 28 great views. the complex was lovely and clean. and the staff were all extremely helpfull. especially Av Lindo who worked in the restaurant and bar. fab holiday a must to go back.

2  Thank debbie h

Dear Guest / Customer and Friend

Thanks for your prefence for our services and cooments on trip advisor

all professionals works here .

I will transmit and inform to all staff another good review

we hope to see you again and very soon

Please not hesite te contact us

G. Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2013

we have just come back from a very relaxing holiday. The villa was perfect with lots of room and was very clean and the towels and bed linen were changed everyday. The pool area was lovely and well kept with a small paddling pool for the little ones. The staff were really helpful and friendly especially Jose and Elsa, obrigado to you!!! The food is of good quality and reasonably priced. We would advise car hire although there is a free bus to the beach, but if you want to go to the inter marche supermarket its about 8 to 9 Euros each way. The scenery is beautiful and. I wish we had hired a car because we would have liked to have seen more. This is a very relaxing family orientated holiday and we would fully recommend it.

Room Tip: any f the villas are of excellent quality.