“Always a great day out!”

Slide & Splash - Water Slide Park
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Lagoa
Bristol, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Always a great day out!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

As can be seen by previous reviews - this is a fantastic day out and always makes me smile!
The only update for this year is that the veggie food options have reduced to either pizza or salad - so next time we'll be taking a picnic!
Highly, highly recommended

1 Thank FarmersDonandStu

• Czech first
  • Polish first
norfolk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fabulous clean waterpark”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Slide and splash is a lovely clean spacious waterpark. There are plenty of cafés dotted around and ample sun lounging space. If you don't want to pay for sunloungers as an extra when you get in take your own brolly etc if not I think we paid 10 euros for two. This is the only negative that they charge for these as you pay plenty to get in. Many people had also bought along there own picnics. The rides are brilliant for adults and older children and the toddler area is fantastic. Our 18 month old absolutely loved it. We went early June so it was not too busy. We'll worth the money.

1 Thank hunnio
Donegal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great family day out”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great day out for all the family whether you like the scary slides or the more tame ones. I enjoyed the onsite spa and sunbathing whilst there :-)

2 Thank Chick74
Gibraltar
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“the best water park in the Algarve”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We again made Slide and Splash the water park of choice, we have been coming to the Algarve for many years and have been to other parks but we keep coming back to Slide and Splash.
It offers great areas to spread out and slides for all ages. they have just redone the younger children's area and what a great improvement on last time we were there with extra slides and activities. it is great value especially if you book online of take advantage of offers in the local shops. This is a great day out whether you want to relax and take the sun or run made on the slides, you have to go here!!!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Stuart W
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Excellent day out”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Visited slide and splash on Thursday 5th July, arrived at opening (10am) via a shuttle service (well worth €7) We purchased a locker (€5 + €10 refundable deposit) right at the beginning which was convenient and spacious, however not necessary if you don't have valuables such as cameras and keys. You can opt to purchase a sun lounger for the day (€5) but we decided this unnecessary as we would be in the water 99% of the day and didn't mind sunbathing on our beach towels (provide your own) on the grass.
The park is small but don't let that deceive you, there's absolutely loads to do. Because there's a lot in a small place it means you're not wasting time having to walk one place to another (think big disney waterparks). Crowds were very light during the morning and got progressively busier up until about two. We had a maximum of five minute waits on everything all day, however, I can imagine during the peak of summer the waits will get much longer. Having read previous reviews we decided to take our own lunch, as food choices appeared limited and verging on pricey (typical theme park prices, not absolute daylight robbery as some reviews state) - we did buy two ice creams and some mini donuts for €8, both very nice.
We watched the birds of prey show which my partner loved, animals flying about everywhere so perhaps not everyone's cup of tea. Only real gripe with this place is how badly they hawk photos with the animals. I practically had a snake rammed in my face, which I am terrified of, so they could take my photo, which I did not want. They were very very pushy, but it didn't spoil my day in the slightest, I just avoided the animal holding ladies at all costs from there onwards.

I have rated this as excellent because we really did have an excellent day out, and would certainly return.

1 Thank Natalie W