“Water Park Excellence”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Water Park Excellence”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My kids are water park connoisseurs with Slide and Splash setting an early lead. Despite trips to places like Spain, the US and France in recent years, we always come back to Portugal and to Slide and Splash which sets the benchmark. These places are not cheap to get into so it is best to plan to spend the whole day there and, if you want to avoid theme park junk food, to bring a picnic. There is a very good variety of slides, the place is spotlessly clean, it is well controlled with distractions such as bird and reptile shows and you will inevitably end up buying a photograph. A must visit on the Algarve.

3 Thank LeinsterAdvisor

• Polish first
Cumbria, United Kingdom
270 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 311 helpful votes
“Really enjoyed our day. Make sure you visit here!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We weren’t sure which water park to visit but we decided on this one as it looked more modern and seemed to have the most attractions. I’m glad we did, it was great. We booked the tickets through a “ticket shop” in Albufeira and it was 29.50 each including return transport. This was much cheaper than everywhere else, as they seemed to be advertising it at 29 euros plus 9 euro transport! We arrived at the water park at about 11.30am and had to leave at 5pm so we got pretty much a whole day there. The lockers cost 5 Euro and a 10 Euro deposit. You can hire sunloungers and umbrellas too, these are not free, however no one that I saw had hired a sunlounger, everyone just laid on the grass as there is loads of space. There are two blocks near the entrance (one for men and one for women) which contain plenty of toilets and showers. No such changing cubicles, just a communal area, but the shower cubicles and massive and have clothes hooks so I just got changed in there. There are also a few other toilet blocks located around the park. There are plenty of places to eat, but just your usual fast food. There are a few animal shows on throughout the day (birds & reptiles) which are good. There are people walking around with birds and snakes and you can get your picture taken with them. I had my picture taken with a snake. Its free to hold the animal, but if you want to buy the picture, its 10 Euro. There are loads and loads of slides to go on, a few of which I thought I’d be too scared to go on, but I actually went on everything!! I didn’t like one or two, but I’m glad I tried them. There’s allsorts from your usual open air chute, to closed chutes, ring chutes, mat slide, slides, dark chutes, loads of different things!!! There is also a open air pool and a open air Jacuzzi. My favourites were the banzai which is a slide you lay front first on a mat (this is one I thought I’d be too scared of!!!) and the ring chutes. They have a new slide called the tornado. You can either go in a single ring or a double ring. We chose a double ring and we got stuck! People were going past us and we had to get out and move our ring as it had got stuck to the side with the water jet! I’ve been on these types of slide before and its usually better in a double ring, but this time it was rubbish, much better in a single ring. The park was very very clean and there were loads of lifeguards about, always very attentive. There is plenty to do, we could have probably spent another hour or two here. Definitely an all day job. Don’t forget your sun cream!

1 Thank acs1984
Manchester, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great day out!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My partner and I visited this attraction during our recent trip to albufeira... we had an excellent day. The park was busy but we found the ques to move very quickly so we were able to make the most of our visit. There is a large selection of slides available so lots to choose from depending on how brave your feeling.... we tried them all and once we found our favs we couldn't get enough...

We thoroughly enjoyed the Black Hole.. think we went on this one six or seven times in a row it was that good...Banzai was also excellent and great for a little competition...

There are plenty of places to buy food in the park but it may be cheaper to bring a picnic.. Lockers are available as well if you need somewhere to store your valuables whilst your off having fun!!!

1 Thank LauraI1987
London, United Kingdom
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 220 helpful votes
“Dont forget your vouchers...”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me and my friends visited Algarve for the first time, as we landed at the airport we were given vouchers to go Slide and splash AND Aqua Land... we were in 2 minds which water park to go to but ended up in Slide & Splash. The cost with the vouchers we had entitled us to enter the park for 20 Euros each, free parking space outside the park. You need to hire the lockers when u get inside... was a fun day out and would recommend everyone to go there. Loads of rides to choose from so it isnt boring!

Staff were friendly, only thing i didnt like is they have alot of birds on site which you can take photos with, however u are not allowed to take ur own photos with ur camera. These have to be brought at the end when u leave the park for 10 euros each, i found this quite extortion considering how many photos we wanted initially. Overall i was happy with my visit and would recommend everyone to go.

4 Thank akhiabroad
County Durham, UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Kids loved this place!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited this water park twice during our stay in early June - the children absolutely loved it. Although busy, there were plenty of (mainly) good natured and helpful attendants and after initially panicking because my son(aged 8) disappeared for ages, I was pretty confident that there were enough attendants around to watch out for him.. 2 Adults and 2 children cost us 68 Euros and we stayed all day. Loads of slides, and a good choice of rides for the adventurous and less adventurous, and rides for children and adults to go down together. Plenty of shallower places for smaller children. The ride queues moved pretty quickly. Not sure how it works in high season. Although the ice creams are not too expensive, I'd recommend you take your own food as it doesnt look great.
Top tip with children - get the sun cream on them before you go in as once they see the slides, that will be it!

1 Thank Pam B