“Great Stay”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ernesta28...
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed February 17, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Our stay was very enjoyable. The property was just as it is described. Very clean and spacious. On-site amenities are a bonus.

Miss Beverly was always available and helpful.

We look forward to booking this property on our next visit.

Thanks,
Ernesta Stewart

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
A TripAdvisor Member
“A MODERN CONTEMPORARY VILLA SET IN A BEAUTIFUL SCENIC COMPLEX”
Reviewed November 30, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Oasis @ The Palms for a week in November 2015. Firstly, booking the villa was done with ease. Marsha was very accommodating and was available at all times to answer any questions or queries. The contact remained up until my date of travel which enabled a stress-free trip! All the relevant information was emailed to me in advanced including information on how to get the key, directions on how to find the property and useful info about the complex and area and most importantly the Wi-fi code. Leaving 5 children at home for the first time meant that contact with them was vital so it was great that wi-fi was also available at the pool house also.

When we arrived at the security gate it was surprising at how secure it was and we were not allowed to proceed into the complex until the housekeeper (the wonderful Miss Beverly) had confirmed we were indeed guests!

So Miss Beverly showed us to the house and had made every effort to make us fee special by picking fresh flowers and setting beautiful silk and floral arrangements on the bed! I actually felt like I was on a honeymoon! Not to mention the bottle of fizz!

The house was bigger than it looked in the photographs, very spacious and the bed in the Master bedroom was so big we could have hidden the 5 kids in the suitcase and still had room for us all in the 1 bed!

So we spent a week waking up to the smell of the beautiful sea by which the coastline was visible from the villa especially the end of the driveway! We spent our mornings by the pool, afternoons travelling the island and our nights sitting on the verandah enjoying the beautiful breeze of Priory St Ann's. Priory has always been my favourite spot for this very reason so I was elated to secure this villa!

We had a car as we always do, mainly because we do a lot of driving into Kingston or Portmore. Ochie is about a 10 minute drive and taxis are available on the complex or you can pick one up out on the main. Dunns River Falls and Dolphins Cove are just before you get into Ochie. We didn't get the chance to visit this time but we normally try to visit whenever we can. We didn't try out the local beaches as Turtle Beach in Ochie has always been an old favourite! It's quite reasonable only $200 JA dollars and you don't pay extra for being a tourist.

We went to The Island Village a few times but they were refurbishing parts of it, we are at The margaritaville and I honestly forgot how extortionate that place is and the food wasn't even that great! 3 adults, burgers and chips and a cocktail, a platter started was £100!!!!!! Later on in the week we went to The Mongoose which was formally called Mango something many years ago and believe me they are the best in town! With traditional Jamaican dishes on the menu such as oxtail, jerk chicken and pork, rice and peas - a main mean was roughly around £10.00! Cocktails £5 and they are good! So I'd recommend a visit or two!

Finally, Miss Bev was just worth her weight in gold ❤️ I wish I could have packed her in my suitcase and taken her home! She was just lovely and we couldn't have asked for anyone else!

Thank you Marsha and Miss Beverly and we hope to see you next year

viv912
London, United Kingdom
“It was all and more than we ever expected.”
Reviewed November 24, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My mother was smiling from ear to ear when we arrived at the villa. My partner looked at me and just said "WOW" its beautiful. And i would have agree with both sentiments. The Palms was great.

Beverley goes above and beyond to make sure the guests are catered for. it's a must for the next trip back to Jamaica, so Beverley my mum says see you soon.

Thanks Marsha & Beverley.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Kenesia H
“Miss”
Reviewed August 25, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Georgeous 2 bedroom villa 1 bathroom with ac and free wifi its clean and nicely decorated through out relaxing peaceful getaway in a gated community i love richmond estate this is my second time our host marsha is lovely she told us all we need to know about the villa and suroundings and miss beverly very welcoming friendly and helpful .we had a lovely time would stay hear again yes definatly..

Jae B
“Home away from home”
Reviewed August 18, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I loved our stay, felt like home. The housekeeper Ms.Beverly is so nice and friendly. My daughter asks when are we going back to our other house. That's to show how nice it was. Will be booking again.

lollionna
Rochester, New York
“Quiet area in gated community.”
Reviewed August 9, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Clean 2 bedroom /I bath house. Notice a slight ant problem in kitchen, however it was controllable if you kept counters clean and floor clean. Do not leave any thing sweet out on counter clean spills right away. Security at front gate to help you feel safe. Ms. Beverly very nice and helpful. wi fi worked well except in back bedroom. a/c and ceiling fans in bedrooms worked well. no a/c in living area ceiling fan in living room nice back yard with fruit trees. did not get to use pool....it was a little far of a walk for us. it is near the front entrance near the security gate. Great store near at the entrance market and deli area., prices aren't bad, Bathroom had hot/and cold running water, clean with large tub/ shower. Overall great stay in Jamaica and comfortable place to stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: wi fi
Liked least: ant problem
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
SPierce20...
New Jersey
“Comfort and Security!”
Reviewed April 26, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

I have just returned from my stay at Oasis at The Palms and the pictures here do not do the home justice! I was very pleased by the layout of the home, the cleanliness and being within a secured, gated community made me feel extra safe. I was able to walk to the nearby pool and exercise room within minutes. Ms. Beverly, the house attendant, is an absolute jewel and only a phone call away. The owner was very accommodating and answered all of my questions and concerns prior to my stay and also assisted with transportation arrangements. For the cost of taking a vacation during peak season, the vacation rental was an affordable option for me. And as an added bonus, I happen to notice that immediately outside of the main gate, a Convenience/Liquor Store/Grocery Store is being built and nearly complete! I would highly recommend renting this property and I look forward to my return! ;-)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The gated/security feature and location!
Liked least: Nothing! That I had to leave!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing