“Loved the tour and Captain crazy!”

Bob Marley's Mausoleum
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Private Nine Mile, Bob Marley Mausoleum Tour from Ocho Rios
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Loved the tour and Captain crazy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Went on tour with captain crazy to see the great Bob Marley 's childhood home and grave site. Well worth the long drive up the beautiful mountains to 9 mile. Chukka tour guide during the trip was very informative. Captain crazy was very funny and informative! I went during the winter so the weather was perfect.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank susamnyc

• Polish first
San Francisco, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Brought us to tears (in a good way)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I are huge fans of Bob Marley's music, and as soon as we saw the reviews for the Bob Marley's Mausoleum on TripAdvisor, we were easily able to choose Jamaica and Ochos Rios as our vacation destination!

The drive from Ochos Rios to the high hills of Nine Miles takes you through some gorgeous countryside, including Fern Gully, and small villages. I can't recall exactly but I think it was about an hour or maybe 1.5 hours to get there. We arrived a bit late for the group tour, so we missed the beginning part of it, which was a reggae performance by a band in the complex. We joined up with a group of maybe 10 other people, and our guide pointed out the one-room shack where Mr. Robert Nesta Marley was born. We didn't go inside there, but we proceeded up the hill to three more small buildings. We all removed our shoes and the first building we entered was Bob's house. We then went to his "meditation rock" and I've got to say that both my husband and I were already touched to sit on his rock and contemplate the same view that he used to see. I wish I had taken a picture of the view, because it was gorgeous! After that we walked to his mausoleum. Each person walks around his tomb and you can light a candle if you wish. My hubby and I were the last two to walk through, and as soon as I made my wish and blew out my candle, there was this emotional surge that almost felt like a club to the back of my head with positive emotions (which was a very good thing, I assure you!). Tears came from nowhere. My husband was right behind me, so I could see the same exact thing happen to him. We both emerged, crying, from the mausoleum, and so we hugged and cried a lot more. We both felt as if an enormous weight had been lifted from our shoulders. I had run a 10K two days before and was so sore, but after paying our respects to Bob, the soreness completely disappeared. We both leaned against each other on the drive back, feeling like we had been turned to jelly. Best of all, we both felt like we had let some emotional baggage drop by the wayside. Definitely a perk we were not anticipating.

Even though we were huge fans, I was not prepared for such an emotional experience. I can't say that everybody will feel something, because the others in our group didn't seem quite as affected. But all the other reviewers who say that there's something special there, I would definitely agree that it is the case. We can't wait to go back and visit Bob, and next time we will also visit his museum in Kingston. I went from being a huge fan, to obsessed! I've read biographies, bought his live DVD performances, and can't stop listening to his music. Something very magical happened that day! As the plants spell out right before you get to Bob's resting place "BOB LIVES" and I couldn't agree more!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank sanfrantravelnut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One love, one heart.... Rastafari”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Captain crazy, you made an amazing experience extra special. It was a very emotional experience visiting bob's home and final resting place. And to see mama's mausoleum was just as special. I will never forget this for the rest of my life. One negative. The local drug dealers outside the gates did pull our car window down and begged us to buy. This isn't anyone's fault at bob's place. You have to expect this as Jamaica has alot of poverty and they are trying to make a living. Just stand your ground and try not be rude. Just say no sa, we gun Mon. N they will leave you be.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank willdixon87
Salt Lake City, Utah
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Worth the Long Journey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Traveled here a couple years ago with some friends it was a blast. Caught a taxi right off of the cruise ship and took us right where we wanted to go. There are several places along the way to stop and have a drink or smoke if you'd like. It's in a pretty sketchy part of town but we never had any problems. Good times were had by all.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Brandon S
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Journey to the mausoleum is long but interesting. The site itself seems to be setting bob up as a saint which I feel he would have found to be wrong. I am a fan of bobs but this lacked any feel of authenticity and exists only to sell junk

Visited November 2013