Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
Mahagiri Villas Dreamland(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
$286
$160
$44
$39
Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
$134
Asri Jewel Villas & Spa(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
$114
$594
$518
$272
Orbitz.com
CK Villas Bali(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
$305
Agoda.com
1,126 results
All reviewsjumana restaurantju ma na restaurantcliff edge villaocean viewbuggy driversjet poolin villa diningour honeymoonprivate poolvilla bbqfine diningbuggy serviceguest servicesliving roomindian oceanhuge bathroommain pool
Reviewed October 29, 2013

A great experience! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Banyan Tree Ungasan.
THE ROOM
The layout of our sea view villa was both spacious and cozy. We spent a significant amount of time in the pool and bungalow area, but did take some time to enjoy the nice interior. The view wasn't spectacular, but the foliage was beautiful enough to remind us we were in a tropical paradise. The AC wasn't particularly cold which was a bit unpleasant. And there was a plate set out which was dirty.
THE SPA
The spa is a bit pricey and I felt the treatment was a bit disjointed, but I walked out of my treatment feeling totally relaxed and energized. My therapist had magically soft and smooth hands.
THE FOOD
As mentioned in my title, we booked a private cliff-side dinner which was lovely. The food was interesting and tasty. Then, when we were about 80% of the way thru my main course, it started raining. The server asked whether we wanted to move our dinner to the restaurant, which we agreed to. There, they promptly served new USD200 steak and lobster courses to make up for our unfinished dishes. Very generous service really made us feel like they valued our experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank edjakarta
Helmy_Shaukany, Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear edjakarta,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments of your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan. My sincere apologies for some of the shortfalls experienced - they have been thoroughly addressed.
With best regards,
Helmy Shaukany – The Management

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here for five nights at the end of our honeymoon. The villa was incredibly luxurious with a huge bathroom and bed. It was amazing to be able to jump straight from you bedroom into your own private infinity pool. Having you food brought to you for in villa dining was also very special. I would recommend the Indonesian BBQ. The two restaurants were great and the cliff top dinning at Ju-ma-na was incredible. We were told when we arrived that the hotel was running at full capacity, although the facilities seem very under used, the gym and the private beach were virtually deserted and we had them pretty much to ourselves. The staff were charming always willing to go out of their way to help.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a truly memorable stay at Banyan Tree Ungasan. We were also looking at many other properties in Bali beforehand, but ultimately decided to choose Banyan Tree, mainly because of our amazing experience at Banyan Tree Samui 2 years ago.

The Good:
First and foremost I have to point out the amazing staff. Everybody was so warm and welcoming and helped to make our stay truly special. In my opinion the staff are what makes the Banyan Tree experience that great. One member of the reception staff really stood out: Frita. I've rarely seen someone that dedicated to her job und that warm and welcoming. Her smile is somewhat contagious. She's a real gem and Banyan Tree is lucky to have her. Andi at reception was great as well. Also a big shoutout to all the Buggy drivers. Always with a smile on their faces, happy to chat with us and genuinely friendly. Great! We didn't see many of the housekeeping staff but they were very friendly and professional as well.
Secondly, the Villas. They are just gorgeous. We were very lucky to get exactly the Villa we wanted and - apart from the minor flaws - we enjoyed it a lot. The view is second to none.
The food is also really good, although we didn't have dinner at the resort but preferred to experience some local restaurants. Breakfast and lunch at the villa as well as at the pool bar were very good.
We loved the flexibility of the staff. When we learned that the Bambu restaurant was closed for a wedding at our last day on the island, the staff at reception quickly organized the HotPot dinner at our villa. Very well done.
The hotel grounds are immaculate. Gardeners everywhere, beautiful flowers and trees. Very well maintained, Kudos!

The Not-So-Good:
We had some minor flaws in the Villa, but they were taken care of immediately. I have to say though that Housekeeping should be able to recognize these issues before they are visible for the guest. A dirty floor is something that just shouldn't happen.
The terrace at Bambu Restaurant is beautiful, but the roofing construction is very noisy when it is a little windy. And I mean, really noisy. It shouldn't be hard to fix, but the staff seemed to be used to the noise. It didn't bother us enough to tell someone, but I'm sure there's an easy fix to that.
At three differrent occasions, dialing 0 didn't get me through to anyone and the phone rang for about 20-30 seconds. Guest services was quick to call me back and apologize. Not a big deal really.
We wish we would've known that the beach is not suited for swimming. I read so many reports and articles, but I must have missed that fact. Of course, the Hotel is not to blame for that at all.
At the beach there was some litter (plastic bottles etc.). The guy down there didn't really seem to care and did nothing to remove the items for the 2-3 hours we were there.
Spa prices are quite high, considering all the great value offers oustide the property. I was under the impression that Spa sales weren't that good as a Spa employee spoke to us after breakfast, offering a discount. We had a similar experience at BT Samui. Would have love to check out the Spa there, but the value just didn't seem to be very good.

Don’t get the impression that we didn't have an absolutely teriffic time at Banyan Tree Ungasan - we honestly did. It’s an amazing resort.

Room Tip: Go for the Pool Villa Cliff Edge Ocean View - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

when I entered the Lobby area of the Resort, all staffs I met there greeted me and called me with my own name, and seemed they are very happy seeing me again. gee, it is really like coming back home and meet friends there.
i found the room was still clean and tidy and the jacuzzi was nice and could release your tensions after a long business meeting.
as usual, I love the Chinese foods served there in The Bambu restaurant for breakfast.
I really enjoyed the service and food there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Paulus K K,
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali. We truly appreciate it. We are looking forward to welcoming you "home".
With very best regards,
Helmy Shaukany – The Management

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was stayed at Sanctuary Garden Villa.. it was a stunning Villa with a large swimming pool.. the service also great.. the Jumana Restaurant has a great food quality and good ambiance overall I felt satisfied and willing to stay again in the next future

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com