Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
$25
Karma Kandara(Ungasan)
$420
$313
My Dream Resort and Spa(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
$28
Asri Jewel Villas & Spa(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
$70
$60
Agoda.com
$610
Orbitz.com
$53
$45
Agoda.com
CK Villas Bali(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
$294
$70
Trip.com
1,110 results
All reviewsjumana restaurantju ma na restaurantthe cliffocean viewbuggy driversjet poolin villa diningour honeymoonprivate poolpresidential villafine diningvilla bbqbuggy serviceguest servicesindian oceanliving roomhuge bathroom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in a cliff edge villa as part of our honeymoon and it was absolute luxury.
The staff were incredible and extremely helpful throughout the stay and helped wherever possible.
The food at the restaurants was delicious and the room service option was just as good as going to eat at the actual restaurant.
The only downside was how expensive everything in the mini bar was. My tip would be to get a taxi to the local supermarket to stock up on snacks etc for your stay.
I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a chilled out stay and I would look into other Banyan Tree's also after this wonderful experience.

Room Tip: It can be a bit noisy near the quarry when outside, so it is best to get a room furthest away from the quarry as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamal_Hussain, General Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear amandeep84 London,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali. We truly appreciate it. We have taken your comments very much to heart and will be reviewing changes towards a more "friendly" pricing in the Mini Bar.

With best regards,
General Manager.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great start to our Indonesia holiday. The ocean view pool villa was spacious and well laid out. Unfortunately very windy conditions throughout our stay which meant the pool water was a tad cold for extended swims.

The good:
- Prompt buggy service
- Great food at JuMaNa restaurant
- One of the best massages ever at the spa
- Decent gym
- Friendly service

The cons:
- Isolated, so good if you want to chill, not so good if you want to explore Bali
- A little bit soulless - it all works, but not much atmosphere, for example, JuMaNa - food great, atmosphere a bit dull.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Bolzano, Italy
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were in the Banyan Tree Ungasan for 10 days.
We had a double pool villa, which was very nice, with a big pool, two big bed-and bathrooms.
The service in the villa and in the total resort was excellent! The staff is very friendly and courteous.
The food in the restaurants is excellent and varied.
The holiday was wonderful and we will come back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
Jamal_Hussain, General Manager at Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your gracious comments. It is truly appreciated.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at Banyan Tree for 10 nights as part of our honeymoon. The villa was out of this world, with the infinty pool being the highlight. All members of staff were extraordinary making a conscious effort of knowing our names- even staff who we had never met before. The quality of the food was spectacular- a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your kind and flattering comments on your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan. Your comments have been shared with the team and they were indeed pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.
With best regards,

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I recently concluded my stay with Banyan Tree Bali and was left with some mixed feelings about the overall experience. The location is rather isolated which is both a pro and a con. If you're the sort of person who wants to remain in the resort and not go out, it's ideal but if you prefer to make day trips or even go to a restaurant outside, it's quite a journey every day. The property is placed in a spectacular location on a cliff and has excellent views. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the resort's General Manager, Jamal, who made me feel very welcomed and really lent an additional touch of hospitality.

The resort was very kind to upgrade me from a Garden Villa to a Sea View Villa but with the exception of the shape of the pool and view, the general layout of the villas are identical. The pool is great, very big even by Bali standards and with a Jacuzzi included as well as a water feature.

There's a comfortable living area and even includes a spare bathroom in between the living area and the bedroom, a tad odd for a one bedroom villa but I suppose it was done to provide the occupants with more convenience. The dining area was rather disappointing as very few utensils and kitchenware were provided but that was fixed by making a call to the concierge. The electrical kettle was also broken before I could even use it, again, a quick call to the concierge and a replacement was delivered. Regardless of that, housekeeping probably should've checked carefully before allowing it to be kept in the room. The living area, bathroom and bedroom all have their own air conditioning unit, which was great considering the hot weather.

I'm a big sucker for electronic hardware and the ones provided in my villa were excellent, Bose sound systems in all rooms as well as large LCD televisions in the living room and bedroom. The bathroom television was much smaller but that was just for use when soaking in the tub, so it didn't really matter. The resort provides excellent music in the living area, stored in the Bose system and really help to make the occupants feel even more relaxed. The wifi signal was pretty strong throughout, which was great, although much of it was concentrated to the living room.

The bathroom is really big, with dual basins and vanities as well as wardrobe. The deep soaking tub is welcomed after a long day. A reasonable range of amenities/toiletries were provided but unlike some resorts, they were in dispensers rather than individual containers, probably due to Banyan Tree's environmentally friendly approach. A big kudos to the management on the choice of mattress for the bed, it was really comfortable and suited me perfectly. Some might find it a tad soft but it was excellent as far as I'm concerned. Access to the large swimming pool can be made straight from the bedroom, a much enjoyed feature.

The dining options at the resort were pretty expensive but roughly in par with what the other high end properties would charge. Breakfast at Bambu was decent but nothing to scream about, decent range of food. I did enjoy their 3 varieties of honey and enjoyed dipping the pancakes into it.

Some negatives from the stay include the inconsistent housekeeping staff, the room was cleaned properly but they would forget to remove some of the trash or tidy up the room enough. Most hotels would rearrange things a bit, even guest items, but the housekeeping here didn't. To be fair though, it might have been a management decision for housekeeping not to touch guests' personal items as it might infringe on their privacy in some way. On one night, I had a problem draining the bathtub and the rain shower seemed a tad clogged up throughout my stay, the water flow was inconsistent but not terrible. The soap dispensers seemed to have problems dispensing and at times it wasn't filled up. Furthermore, on my second night there, I arranged a vehicle to take me out to get dinner and the driver seemed rather keen on steering me towards buying souvenirs, he was probably earning commission in some way. That was very irritating but I put up with it.

On the plus side, the staff took pains to recognise their guests and I was almost always greeted by name. It really made me feel welcomed and cared for. Despite the issues mentioned above, they did seem genuinely concerned and tried to address the problems. Ronald took pains to understand my issues even if some of it couldn't be solved. As did Budi and Samuel, who tried to express their apologies for the problems and rectify them. I was most grateful that they did try to help. The spa was also kind enough to squeeze in a last minute session for me and they provided excellent customer service, even if the massage itself was rather disappointing. The General Manager, Jamal, also followed up with me after my stay and showed his concern for other issues I faced and I did appreciate his gesture.

I did wish the Banyan Tree could have done an in villa check-out, as was done for me when I stayed at Conrad Bali but that was a minor issue I suppose. Overall I'd still recommend Banyan Tree as it is an excellent property and they do try to take good care of their guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Darylee84,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay here at Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali. It is truly appreciated. Once again my unreserved apologies for the areas where we could have done better.
Looking forward to welcome you back.
Warm regards,