“A truly amazing experience”

Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ungasan
A TripAdvisor Member
“A truly amazing experience”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the resort, loving it so much we booked some additional days!

The price is what you would expect from a 5 Star Resort but we found the attention to detail and particularly the customer service levels to be better than anything we have ever experienced around the world.

The Villa's themselves and the resort facilities are top rate, no need to lift a finger and everything you need is supplied for you.

The Spa treatments were carried out by well trained professionals and are among the best we have had in any resort worldwide.

The Banyan Tree is truly a unique and wholly pleasurable experience.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This has been a life changing holiday for me. My father passed away 3 weeks ago I had been looking after him as his carer and was exhausted I just wanted to run away and rebuild myself after the funeral. A friend had told me about the Banyan tree she had never stayed there but highly recommended it . That was it booked the flight and accommodation. I booked a one bedroom sea view private villa with pool and spa. Once I was at the airport the nerves kicked in, what was I doing traveling alone to Bali , I arrived at the hotel at around midnight the lobby was stunning, I was taken to my villa , I was shocked the pictures on the website did not do justice to this magnificent villa... Next morning I awoke and headed off to breakfast by myself ..completely stepping out of the square, I was welcomed they new my name , breakfast is magnificent with everything you could possibly imagine available. I booked into the spa and had an amazing treatment by Ashin an amazing therapist. later relaxing by my pool I felt like I was in heaven... after a couple of days of resting , reading not talking to anyone I felt like a new person. I had never ever had a holiday that was all about me I felt like a true princess. There is nothing that I could pick on at this resort , the staff were attentive not intrusive , the meals were amazing the Tamarind restaurant definetly my favorite ... You definetly have to go to the Ju-Ma-Na restaurant which was stunning to say the least ... I suppose the main thing I want to say to anyone wanting to travel alone this is the PERFECT place , villa security the staff always on the look out to make sure you had everything. I had one night were I felt unwell I did not call anyone but they must have realized that something was not right they called to the villa and I explained that I had been unwell , the organized a doctor and management sent a lovely note to make sure that I was ok. next morning management called to check everything was ok. Honestly I would not have been looked after that well by my own family ...
you do not need to leave the resort I was here for 10 days and was able to rest and relax , when I wanted something to do I could , I finally took the time to learn yoga.... And also meditation , the days were filled and ended most night with a in room massage before bed. this was exactly what I needed to rebuild ME . I hope anyone needing any ME time will go to Banyan Tree Ungasan Bali it will give you the space to actually relax and assess life and your situation ....
A special Thankyou to all the staff waiters waitress chefs, buggy drivers, reception , cleaning staff you are all amazing so friendly and caring ... I will definetly be back ....

Room Tip: Villa with Infinity lap pool was absolutely stunning spacious and safe and secure . could not fault...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Catherine P
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Working as a travel and lifestyle advisor for American Express Centurion I have been lucky enough to see many of the world's most prestigious properties. The Banyan Tree Ungasan was no exception. The experience begins the moment you are greeted on arrival with a traditional Balinese blessing and continues until the moment you depart with a fond farewell from the friendly and helpful staff.
The highlight was the moment we first walked into out ocean view pool villa...It was very impressive to say the least. The style was very contemporary but still managed to have an array of special Balinese touches you would hope to see. The infinity pool was gorgeous with our own large spa that we enjoyed sitting in watching the sunset over the ocean!
We were in a bit of trouble because we had so much we wanted to see and do around the island however as we were only at the Banyan Tree for 2 nights, it was hard to leave our villa!
The first night we had room service in our villa we were very impressed that the pricing was so reasonable, much less then you would pay in a moderate restaurant in Sydney. Whilst we relaxed in the bale, the staff member was setting up our meal on the dining table inside. We thought he was taking a rather long time and when we ventured in we realised he had set up the table perfectly with lovely silver and table wear...there were also linen serviettes, a pristine tablecloth and flowers set on the table, just like our own private restaurant!
The following morning after breakfast we decided to swim in the main pool as it is just so inviting..we lounged around on the daybeds and were seved ice waters and offered cooling mists by the pool staff..nice touch. Overall it was a very memorable experience and a place to completely let go, relax and indulge!
The only downsides we found were the service at breakfast was quite slow and it was hard to get the attention of the staff to place an order. Also it is important to note that there is not much in terms of restaurants and shopping close to the hotel however the staff are extremely helpful in making suggestions of regions to see and arranging the necessary transportation.
I will be recommending the Banyan Tree to my clients and colleagues. I would like to make a special mention of Ludri the Sales Manager. She was obviously so passionate about the hotel and is more than willing to go above and beyond to ensure all guests' experiences are as great as our was!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aliciawilson
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've stay 2 nights at Banyan Tree Ungasan and everything was really great. Room is very big and decorated with great taste. Private pool is really big, and you can swim, not only splash at the corner. Another great thing - water in jacuzzi is warm, so you can relax in hot water even during the night. Also I want to note a big variety of meal during breakfast. Sushi, rolls, sashimi, 3 kinds of smoking fish, 7 kinds of honey, cheese, shampagne. Fruits, vegetables, noodles and soup, rice and meat - everything of great quality, so you will not be borry with you breakfast during the whole stay.
The territory is very large and up to 400 people can stay, but it seems, that you are alone in all hotel, so quite and romantic it is.
It's impossible to go out from the hotel by foot, because it's stay very lonely, so you have to take taxi to get to tourists centre (f.e. Bali collection) for 10$ or to use free shuttle bus from the hotel. It will take you for about 20 minutes.
So I can reccomend this hotel to couples, for romantic and quite holiday.
Really great service, food, rooms & spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

It is the perfect end to our holidays. The 1 bedroom seaview villa was very amazing, clean, and beautiful both exterior and interior design. Excellent bedroom and spacious bathroom with large tub and nice shower. Our private infinity pool was a great spot to relax and chill during warm days. I love the peacefulness and beautiful scenary of the resort so much.

The staff were so friendly, polite, helpful, and quick respond to requests. We even offered a flexibility to check-out till late afternoon with no additional charges, as we had a night flight back home. And we would like to thank them very much for their kind attention.

This is definitely one of the best resort in the Paradise island. Hopefully we will back again to stay in the next occasions, and highly recommend this resort with complete satisfaction.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Farhan G
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were truly grateful to Banyan Tree for such an impeccable stay. A truly unforgettable experience. We stayed at the Cliff edge villa over looking the Indian Ocean. The infinity in our villa really impressed us. It truly sets the scene for Paradise.
The service staff from reception, buggy drivers, housekeeping, waiters; they are well mannered and spoke excellent English. I don't think they need to be improved any further as they are really flawless.
The villa is really clean and built of high quality marble and wood. The pantry was well stocked and a free espresso machine was provided. I really can't think of any fault to write...and yes, there wasn't a single mosquito during our 3 nights' stay.
This place is indeed Paradise, really.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Battman67
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you want to go somewhere where the climate is exquisite, the service is impeccable and the people are gracious, I highly suggest Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali. I cannot wait to return.

Heaven on Earth!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

1 Thank kelmcn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ungasan
Alila Villas Uluwatu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,219 reviews
Bulgari Resort Bali
Bulgari Resort Bali
#2 of 7 in Uluwatu

Been to Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali? Share your experiences!