“Unforgettable Retreat.............”

Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ungasan
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Right from the start when my wife and I checked in, we were greeted by the staffs of the resort with a complimentary traditional tea and snacks. The warm smiles and peaceful ambience and beautiful panoramic sight of the Indian Ocean greeted us as we made our way via a buggy to our Villa.

Upon reaching our villa, we were given a private tour of our villa. And a comprehensive tour I must say. Traditional Balinese architecture infused with modern design and with a breathtaking hillside view overlooking the vast Indian Ocean. A huge Infinity Pool just for us, with a Hot Tub & a round outdoor bed to relax, unwind and cuddled up after a good long dip together.

The interiors of the villa was very well furnished. The living room, bedroom and toilet were considerably huge. Bedroom view was overlooking the infinity pool and the Ocean. Waking up in the morning, you/re greeted with the peaceful tranquillity of the sounds of birds chirping and cool sea breeze. The only downside was mosquitoes. Needed to use mosquito coils at night. But then, maybe i didn't shut all the doors tight that night.

As for food and service, the breakfast buffet spread was AWESOME! Especially for people who loves pastries. Spoilt for choice with the gastronomical spreads on offer.As expected, the staffs attending to us were soft spoken, courteous and quick to attend to our requests.Lunch & dinner was served IN-Villa style. You have the comforts of staying in the villa while having your meals served restaurant style.

All in all, it was a memorable getaway for my wife and me. I would highly recommend to all couples looking for a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. But do take note Ungasan is about an hour drive to Kuta. So, if your intentions is to just stay in the resort and make full use of the time there, then this place is definitely a great choice.

My rating overall for the resort: 5/5
One Word.....Paradise!

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Great rooms equipped with the right amenities to make our stay just so comfortable and memorable. My family enjoyed the stay, swimming in the good size private pool, dipping in the jacuzzi, as well as spending time idling away on the private beach. The staff was friendly and always accomodating to make us feel at home right away. Be warned that the location is very remote, and a good hours drive away from the city center. Strong recommendation for those seeking a more secluded and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at this property from 10/13 ~ 10/16 with the girlfriend.

Overall it is a great resort and typical of the Banyan Tree atmosphere...The villa is great, as you would expect from a Banyan Tree property.

However, there were some things which I think are need in major improvements:

1. I dined at most of the outlets, including Bamboo Restaurant, Ju-ma-na afternoon tea, as well as in-villa dining. The food over-all was okay, but I feel there is a lot of room for improvement for the over-all quality of food here.

2. I tried the spa, and there were major problems with the way the spa handled the treatment costs. They quoted me a price on the phone prior to confirming the treatment, but when I arrived there the price was different. I pointed this out to the front desk after I got back to the villa, and they offered me a diffferent price, but not at the original agreed price. At the end they confirmed to me the original agreed price.

3. One night I took in the in-villa barbeque to celebrate the gf's birthday, and the staff took some time to prepare, including putting a lot of flower pedals around the outside sitting area of the villa, which was a very nice touch. However, by the time the dinner was about to start, it was already quite dark, and as it was too windy outside, the candles on the table were blown out. The staff tried to tell me that was the best they could do, but it was not possible to eat outside with very limited lighting. At the end, they set up a spot light so that we could at least see what we are eating.

4. The housekeeping staff does not communicate well internally amongst co-workers. On a couple of occasions, they called for confirmation on when to come for house-keeping, and after 15 / 20 minutes of the original call, another staff would call again to check for house-keeping time.

Overall, it was a good stay, but I feel that this property is just missing a few things to make it an outstanding resort.

Another downside to this stay is that it is quite far from downtown Kuta, and if you are someone that wants to spend more time in the downtown area, this is not a good resort for you.

Room Tip: I took in the Ocean View room, which was nice. But I heard from people that the Cliff View Room is...
2  Thank airtoronto
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Best villa resort I've ever stayed at in my life. The location is amazing and the professional staff caters to your every need. We had our wedding there and it was definitely worth it. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: If you can, definitely ask for an Ocean View Villa or better. The western side is quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Great place to go and get away from it all. Very clean, well maintained and really great service. The staff at the Banyan Tree Ungasan are truly brilliant!!!
The villas are grand and views of the Indian Ocean are amazing, especially from the infinity pool.
The service and choice at breakfast is outstanding and in villa dining is brilliant. Overall highly recommended

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at the Banyan Tree Ungasan during a family vacation and I have to admit that this is one of the most beautiful hotel where I have ever stayed. The service, facilities and rooms are everything that you would expect from a Banyan Tree. Something that I would like to highlight is that besides the service being exceptional it is also genuine which nowadays is hard to find within the hospitality industry. Saying so I would like to specially thank Karsana from the Bell Boy team for making us feel welcome at our arrival and throughout our stay. Thank you so much Banyan Tree, can´t wait for our next stay in one of your beautiful hotels around the world!

Christian Rocha Adames

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christian R
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The staff, service, facilities, villas, food... Everything was absolutely fantastic.
We spent a week here for our honeymoon and had the most relaxing, beautiful experience.
We recommend a cliff edge villa! So private and tranquil.

• Stayed: September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ungasan
Alila Villas Uluwatu
#20 of 149 in Seminyak
Karma Kandara
Karma Kandara
#2 of 11 in Ungasan

Been to Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali? Share your experiences!