“Great view and nice food”
Review of Ju-Ma-Na

Ju-Ma-Na
Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Ungasan
Cuisines: French, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: From its lofty perch on Bali's southernmost cliff, Ju-Ma-Na presents fine dining with a dramatic view. The delicious French cuisine with unique Japanese twist artfully prepared by our talented chefs will take your taste buds on a culinary journey.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

It definitley has the best view. There is absolutely no difference to the photos on the website.
Food was great and nicely set up but was a bit salty when we tried - may be just us not for everyone.
Love the service - excellent!

Nicolas B, Director of Food and Beverage at Ju-Ma-Na, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear YJOG,
Greetings from Ju-Ma-Na!

Thank you very much for your kind words. “Great view and nice food”
We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your dinner with us. Kindly rest assured that all your feedback will be passed along to our Chefs and Associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ju-Ma-Na in the future.

With my best regards,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

it was exceptional tasting food, wonderful service and atmosphere. We tried the Tasting Menu; the lobster soup and seafood portion of the menu was excellent.The restaurant's view is sight to behold as well! The staff where so happy & polite. They did everything they could to make our experience a special one. They even bake a special birthday cake for the customer who was sitting next to us which impressed me so much.
Having said all of the above, the food was excellent and the location to die for.

Nicolas B, Director of Food and Beverage at Ju-Ma-Na, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Tiffany T,
Greetings from Ju-Ma-Na!

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your dinner with us. Kindly rest assured that all your kind feedback will be passed along to our Chefs and associates.

We appreciate the time and effort you spent in writing this review and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I always love food ! to go here and there just for food it just like what I am born to, from the top class restaurant, or the food from the street, as long as the food taste excellent then there I will be!

I went to Jumana last weekend, as I have been so busy with my wonderful boys, I've decided to come and dine there and just wanted to spoil myself, I have been to Jumana few months ago to chilled with some friends and had some cocktails just laugh, relax with friends,in a nice lounge second floor where the bar was, my thought was the chocolate martini was total the best i have ever had, and so I was so curious how the food taste!

When I arrived at the restaurant, they welcomed me with full smiles on their face and a glass of nice welcome drink, that was very lovely! and some ceremony where they greet you and you could wash your hands, I just love those full smiles from all the staffs.

Dinner was great from appetizer, main courses, dessert, and beautiful coffee !!! and served by very nice staffs at the restaurant, and when you want to be seated outside area, you could see magnificent view from the Indian Ocean. what else you could ask more, hmm and the lovely chocolate. Lovely night at the lovely restaurant.

1  Thank WiedyaS
Nicolas B, Director of Food & Beverage at Ju-Ma-Na, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear WiedyaS,

Greetings from Ju-Ma-Na Restaurant!

Thank you very much for your wonderful words and review.
We do our best to satisfy customers and offer them a night of enjoyment in our restaurant.

I am very pleased to hear we fulfilled your expectations,

Best regards,
Director of Food & Beverage

Reviewed November 14, 2013

How to start.... From the moment we walked in we were greeted with smiling faces and then offered a complementary welcome mocktail. Normally I am not a fan of such strengths however this one was absolutely delicious and presented with such finesse I could not resist and boy am I glad I did not it was absolutely delicious.

As we were seated we were presented then with the handwashing ritual

was something I have yet to experience in any fine dining restaurant and it wasn't absolutely amazing experience, plus on my hands smelled fabulous for the rest of the night.

Food. Fabulous. Memorable. I'll go back.

When in the Uluwatu You simply cannot miss dining in this restaurant. The Banyan tree grounds are absolutely amazing and gorgeous and quite frankly the golf cart ride down to the restaurant is the best segue into your dining experience.

A few memorable experiences are; one that handwashing ceremony; Another impressive moment was when we were told that the appetizers will be a few minutes longer and that the Chef wanted to offer us a complimentary salad. The salad was definitely worth the wait for the appetizers.

At the end of the night we were quite impressed that the chef came to the table to ask how the food was and if we had any suggestions for improvement. I actually had nothing to say.

This restaurant me to be on everyone's list and considering that I work for a competitor hotel this says a lot.

1  Thank Meg E
Nicolas B, Director of Food and Beverage at Ju-Ma-Na, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Meg E,

Greetings from Ju-Ma-Na Restaurant!

Thank you very much for your visit and review.
It will always be a pleasure welcoming you back to Ju-Ma-Na!

With my Best Regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This restaurant is part of the Banyan Tree resort at Ungasan. The restaurant is wonderful. It is located 70m above the sea on the cliff edge, and with the sea itself illuminated below you, it has a fantastic view. The staff are wonderful and competent, being attentive but not overly so. The food is also fantastic, wonderful flavours and perfect portion sizes, with small palate cleansing dishes in-between. It describes itself as a Japanese-European fusion cuisine, and I guess I am not going to argue with that. If you are going to this region, then I think you should go, I would be surprised if you regret it to be honest. The only thing I would say is that if you are half board at Banyan Tree, then whilst this restaurant is included in the price, we found it was fully booked out for 50% of our trip - which we were not happy about, as we would have eaten there EVERY night if we could have.

Dear drbennyb,

Greetings from Ju-Ma-Na Restaurant!
It is words like these that make all hard work worthwhile.
Kindly rest assured that all your kind feedback will be passed along to our Food & Beverage Team.

We hope to be able to show our hospitality again in the future on your next visit to our award winning restaurant.