“Wonderful Beach Club Experience at Finn's”
Review of Sundays Beach Club

Sundays Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Ungasan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: On this stunning stretch of white sandy beach, every day is Sunday... and Sundays Beach Club offers a memorable experience like no other. Relax to the cool tunes and enjoy friendly Balinese service. Take out a kayak or stand up paddle board at low tide. Swim or snorkel in the crystal clear lagoon. Crafted by acclaimed Australian chef James Viles, our Sundays Beach Club menu uses only the finest local ingredients. We support and work closely with our local growers and farmers. Start the day early with our refreshing new beach breakfast menu featuring kick start breaky bowls, chilled poke bowls, breakfast buns and breakfast pizzas. Throughout the day enjoy light snacks, salads, gourmet burgers, delicious pizzas from our wood fired stone oven or something from our charcoal grill. Our circular bar gives every seat a sea view. Enjoy a fresh juice or indulge in one of our signature cocktails and classic mixes.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I think most of the reviews here refer to Finn's as a travel destination rather than a restaurant. The reviews are spot-on; Finn's Beach Club is an awesome place to visit! I add this review to the 150+ reviews with a heavy heart - I'm not sure if I would be able to find a nice beach spot the next time I visit once more people discover this gem of a place. Access to Finn's Beach Club is through Semara Villas, a very luxurious resort in Ungasan. I was mesmerized by the scenery the moment I stepped into the entrance. I won't describe the scenery more, only to say that it is a dream wedding location. There is an access charge to the Club, but as the owner clearly points out in other posts, the Rp 250,000 per adult can be used to offset the price of food and beverage. And of course, you get to enjoy a short ride on the gondola-elevator thing, which is quite a marvel in itself. Children enter for free, and as much as I hate to admit it (I brought my 2 young children on this visit), this place would be spoiled if there were tons of screaming kids running around. Nonetheless, I'm very appreciative that the management has allowed children on the premise because my kids thoroughly loved the place. One thing to note, the gondola-elevator doesn't take you all the way down to the beach; there are several flights of winding steps down to sea level.
So if you are visiting Bali, I would highly recommend saving a day for Finn's. It's a perfect place to just sit, relax, drink, eat and enjoy the sea, sun and sand. This is just a recommendation based on my individual opinion. Feel free to disregard it - it just means one free sunchair for my next visit! Advice: Do check if there are any private functions before heading there to avoid disappointment.

SemaraManagement, Manager at Sundays Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Finn’s Beach Club, and thanks for your comments. Our aim at Finns is to offer something for everyone ie. couples, friends & families of all nationalities. We feel a good balance compliments the atmosphere. We did have a few private functions during the high season months of June – Aug this year but they are now mostly complete. FYI – we will not be allowing this during weekends next year to avoid disappointment from Finns guests. We always post the most up to date info for Finns on the website and Facebook page so this is a tip for others planning a visit. Looking forward to seeing you again on your next Bali trip.

There are newer reviews for Sundays Beach Club

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Good value day out. What it costs to go there is redeemed in food and drinks. Not cheap drink and food but good quality. Get to use a towel, beach umbrella and lounge or beanbag included in the price. Also have snorkelling gear and kayaks all included. Great views when in the inclinator. Nice clean beach with no hawkers at all.

1  Thank Thor47
SemaraManagement, Manager at Sundays Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Finn’s Beach Club, we truly appreciate your feedback, it seems that you were able to take advantage with all beach activities during you day at Finns. Regarding the price for food and drinks we are very competitive with our neighbouring properties however we do also have the added bonus of a private beach with 180 metres of white sandy beach, magnificent views , crystal blue water and a fantastic beach club facility. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

After looking into this beach club we got a driver from seminyak (50mins) and drove to semara resort she the adventure began. We had our 14 mth old and 20 month old. It was breathtaking and fun making our way down on the cable car to a very beautiful and safe beach.
Great food and service was brilliant. Kids menu and they brought our buckets/spades for kids etc...was a really relaxing day for us all. Nice we had ventured back up we had a quick swim in the pool up the top which was great and were cooled down ready t head back to seminyK.
I have been to bali 5 times and this was a real must do now for everyone!!

Dear Robyn C,

Greetings from Finn’s Beach Club and thanks for your great comments, particulary since you are a regular visitor to Bali. We are very happy to hear that you and family enjoyed our beach club and everything that we include to ensure a fun day for all. At Finns we really try to offer something for all ages and nationalities…We look forward to see you when next you visit Bali and please tell your friends !

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Finn's Beach is a must when visiting Bali. Located at the bottom of a cliff which is only accessible by lift you are welcomed by a spectacular view of white sand and beautiful blue waters. The beach is protected by the outer reef so whilst you can see the waves breaking you can still swim, paddle or snorkel in the calmer waters along the shore. The food at the restaurant is good and the staff are great too. I've recommended many friends to visit Finn's and they thank me for it afterwards so I'm sure anyone that visits will feel the same.

Dear Anthony D,

Greetings from Finn’s Beach Club, thanks for such a great review of Finn’s. It’s great to hear know our guests believe it is a must to do whilst in Bali and will recommend to friends. The view from the inclinator is spectacular and a fantastic photo opportunity. We encourage our staff to have fun and be friendly to our guests whilst still providing great service. We will make a few menu changes soon so we hope you get to enjoy these during your next visit. Sampai Jumpa.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

It's $25USD to get in but you can use it to redeem drinks and food. Take an elevator down to this nice clean beach to relax and get tanned and swim a little.

2  Thank Crystal L
SemaraManagement, Manager at Sundays Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Finn’s Beach Club. The price is actually Rp. 250,000 including tax and service. As you mentioned this is fully credited toward food and drinks. It also allows guests use of the inclinator, sunbed, towels and watersports equipment. Our beach really is one of the best in Bali with 180 metres of white sand and great swimming particularly in low tide time. See you next time

Best regards,