We stayed at CK Villas for 3 nights and had a lovely time. My wife and I were holidaying in Bali and hoping to find some great accomodations to maximise our plans to relax, get some sun and do as little as possible.
My comments below are relative to the other two places we stayed (Uma Sapna in Seminyak and Bayshore Villas in Candidasa).
We got a great deal to stay at CK (via Wotif.com) - AUD $140 per night incl tax, which I understand is well below the regular rate. So from this perspective the price was great.
The biggest downsides were:
1. The road noise. At the time we stayed (May 2010), there were only two Villas built and operational. The one we stayed in was closest to the nearby road. Consequently, road noise was quite high. Light sleepers would not appreciate it (but it didn't disturb me). The other Villa ("Steve's Villa") is further back from the road and I expect it would be much quieter there.
2. The wireless internet service is slow and the signal was not strong enough to provide a reliable connection in the main living quarters.
Everything else about the experience was very good, on balance.
The breakfasts were better than Uma Sapna. They were cooked in our room and so were lovely and fresh. They were not exquisite cuisine, but we were not expecting such.
The staff were absolutely lovely and always willing to help. However, it's obvious that they are still learning the ropes of fine service, as evidenced by some oversights here and there. Advice and assistance about what was available in the local area was limited to what was printed in the guide book in the room.
The in-room spa service was not yet operational, and the spa that CK has partnered with is quite expensive by Bali standards. We went down the road to "Ambiente" (exit CK Villas and turn left, turn left again at the Nirmala supermarket and travel 800m down the hill to the Mini Mart and you'll see Ambiente next door). Ambiente's treatments were great and the prices much better.
The room itself and the private courtyard and pool were lovely. The King size four poster bed was just great and the large tropical fish tank in the room was a unique feature.
We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mawali Villas is designed for the ultimate relaxation experience. Intimate, yet spacious, each villa has it's own ensuite spa and a pool set amidst a private tropical garden, as well as having the benefits of full management services including 24 hour security, spa facilities, chauffeur service and private butler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire and Ctrip TA so you can book your CK Villas Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chandrakirana Luxury Villas Hotel Ungasan
- Chandrakirana Luxury Villas And Spa
- CK Villas Bali Ungasan