“Nice villas”

The DreamLand Luxury Villas & Spa
Ranked #29 of 42 Specialty Lodging in Ungasan
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family & I recently stayed at dreamland. We had 2 villas across from one another. Upon arriving I was a bit skeptical due to the location and exterior appearance. After hopping into the golf cart & being taken to the villas the skepticism grew. The villas have very high walls and are a completely closed off. As I finally entered my villa all my fears had disappeared & I was greeted by a private pool and beautiful room. The villas are very spacious and well designed. It's as authentic as you want it to be without losing modern comforts (i.e. air conditioning). It was great having the private pool, it made the experience feel more secluded and exotic. My only complaint would be the wifi & tv connection. But, maybe that's intentional--avoiding all technology to enjoy yourself/relax. I will say, I did get pretty creeped out at night. Maybe it was the Balinesian voodoo/possession stories I had kept hearing, but I definitely heard some weird noises. There was an incident in which my doorbell rang twice & I heard knocking late at night. I didn't have the courage to go outside and answer it, but was reassured by the front desk that I was safe (I called them to have it checked out). Maybe the isolation was getting to me. Other than that, I had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BeachSwimOne

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We celebrate our 12 anniversary at this great hotel. The privacy at this hotel really an advance. We had a wonderfull candle light dinner next to our private pool, the staff get all things done for our dinner (incl decorated the pool with roses petal ,so romantic ) so quick and tidy, that we don't even notice how they do things so fast. The room and all facilities are beyond our expectation. A liitle bit far from beach, but they have a shuttle to kuta beach. But why bother going to beach, while we can enjoy all day at this hotel? The only minus is.....we only stay at this great hotel for one night. Over all excellent service , friendly staff , good food , good hotels.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JamesLesmana
Reviewed April 7, 2012

nice villa with warm staff..i love the spa very much..it was an excellent massage..delicious food,nice view,a quite place to have a good relax time..will come back again next time..

regards,
Clara

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank clara o
Reviewed February 4, 2012

i took a timeshare excange into this property.it is a really fabulously maintained property with very caring staff.golf carts transported us to our rooms.the bathrooms are really modern and overlook the private swimming pool.if required the resort can arrange a romantic dinner for 2 by the private pool at a charge(little expensive-so we skipped it)there is daily free shuttle to kuta and the beautiful dreamland beach.free shuttles also take you to nusa dua.the only drawback is that they come back by 6 pm.so you have to take a taxi on the way back which is ok as they are not too expensive.dreamland villas allow you to experience a peaceful environment(unlike the crowded kuta) yet be close to the major tourist attractions of bali(kuta,jimbaran bay,ubud).so a great choice for honeymooners and families.resort food is very good though quite expensive

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cooldoc33
Reviewed January 30, 2012

secluded and a great place for family bonding.
my family of 4 (2 teenagers) spent a week in dreamland villa over the chinese new year period.
beautiful place and splendid view of the indian ocean from the lobby.
villa is clean and big, staffs are friendly and helpful too.
haunted by mosquitoes on our first night, get better after we sprayed insecticide daily (provided by the dreamland upon our request).
although secluded but shuttle bus is provided to kuta and etc.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bee294265
Reviewed January 26, 2012

It really is fitting of its name-dreamland. It's really a gorgeous place, but... I regret to say that the mosquitos and bed bugs nearly made me choose to cut my trip short. I spend 7 days there and woke up every morning to find at least three new mozzie bites on me.

Tip:bring long-sleeved shirts and lots of mosquito repellant and spray!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I booked a private 1 bedroom pool villa for my first trip with my bf last year.

Of course I would love to stay in Ayana, but Ayana with private pool villa was way too expensive and totally out of my budget. Finally, I chose The Dreamland Villa. The Dreamland Villa was quite remote to be honest, however, the hotel provided free shuttle bus to go to Kuta and Dreamland Beach few times a day. Dreamland Beach was absolutely breathtaking and it was the best place for surfing. The water was the clearest among all the famous beaches I had visited in Bali.

Back to The Dreamland Villa, first of all, I would like to say a special thank you to Dewa, the front manager of The Dreamland Villa. He had been really helpful and friendly all the time. I booked the villa through him directly and he offered a super nice and romantic package for my bf and I.

Our package included daily spa and massage, 1 candle light pool side dinner in our villa, 1 BBQ garden party in our villa garden , free internet at the business , free transfer from/to airport and free mini bar every day. Dewa also prepared a heart shaped cake for us.

The pool villa was very huge and private. I love the pool (though very small), and the Jacuzzi was amazing! I enjoyed staying in The Dreamland Villa so much and it was a very romantic holiday for us.

I had a chance to visit Ayana during our trip, of course Ayana was excellent and luxury! The Dreamland cannot compare with Ayana at all. But pricewise, I was fully satisfied with what I booked.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends if they want a nice villa but not that expensive in Bali.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple