“ultraromantic villas”

The DreamLand Luxury Villas & Spa
Ranked #28 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Ungasan
Reviewed February 4, 2012

i took a timeshare excange into this property.it is a really fabulously maintained property with very caring staff.golf carts transported us to our rooms.the bathrooms are really modern and overlook the private swimming pool.if required the resort can arrange a romantic dinner for 2 by the private pool at a charge(little expensive-so we skipped it)there is daily free shuttle to kuta and the beautiful dreamland beach.free shuttles also take you to nusa dua.the only drawback is that they come back by 6 pm.so you have to take a taxi on the way back which is ok as they are not too expensive.dreamland villas allow you to experience a peaceful environment(unlike the crowded kuta) yet be close to the major tourist attractions of bali(kuta,jimbaran bay,ubud).so a great choice for honeymooners and families.resort food is very good though quite expensive

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cooldoc33
There are newer reviews for The DreamLand Luxury Villas & Spa

Reviewed January 30, 2012

secluded and a great place for family bonding.
my family of 4 (2 teenagers) spent a week in dreamland villa over the chinese new year period.
beautiful place and splendid view of the indian ocean from the lobby.
villa is clean and big, staffs are friendly and helpful too.
haunted by mosquitoes on our first night, get better after we sprayed insecticide daily (provided by the dreamland upon our request).
although secluded but shuttle bus is provided to kuta and etc.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bee294265
Reviewed January 26, 2012

It really is fitting of its name-dreamland. It's really a gorgeous place, but... I regret to say that the mosquitos and bed bugs nearly made me choose to cut my trip short. I spend 7 days there and woke up every morning to find at least three new mozzie bites on me.

Tip:bring long-sleeved shirts and lots of mosquito repellant and spray!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I booked a private 1 bedroom pool villa for my first trip with my bf last year.

Of course I would love to stay in Ayana, but Ayana with private pool villa was way too expensive and totally out of my budget. Finally, I chose The Dreamland Villa. The Dreamland Villa was quite remote to be honest, however, the hotel provided free shuttle bus to go to Kuta and Dreamland Beach few times a day. Dreamland Beach was absolutely breathtaking and it was the best place for surfing. The water was the clearest among all the famous beaches I had visited in Bali.

Back to The Dreamland Villa, first of all, I would like to say a special thank you to Dewa, the front manager of The Dreamland Villa. He had been really helpful and friendly all the time. I booked the villa through him directly and he offered a super nice and romantic package for my bf and I.

Our package included daily spa and massage, 1 candle light pool side dinner in our villa, 1 BBQ garden party in our villa garden , free internet at the business , free transfer from/to airport and free mini bar every day. Dewa also prepared a heart shaped cake for us.

The pool villa was very huge and private. I love the pool (though very small), and the Jacuzzi was amazing! I enjoyed staying in The Dreamland Villa so much and it was a very romantic holiday for us.

I had a chance to visit Ayana during our trip, of course Ayana was excellent and luxury! The Dreamland cannot compare with Ayana at all. But pricewise, I was fully satisfied with what I booked.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends if they want a nice villa but not that expensive in Bali.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ccesther
Reviewed October 9, 2011

After spending most of our trip in long forgotten crap holes in Bali's seedy underbelly we were very, very happy to enter the luxurious realm of the 'Dreamland Luxury Villas'.

Each villa is self-contained and includes a huge bedroom and bathroom as well as private pool and day bed.

The villas felt very secluded and cut off from the usual Bali antics: constant barrage of requests to purchase tacky Bintang singlets, knock off ray bans and cheap cigarettes.

Without a shadow of a doubt the highlight of our stay was.... Roy. Who is Roy? He is/was the amazing front desk guy that works/worked at Dreamland Luxury Villas. He made our stay... complete. How?? by being supportive, attentive and all round lovely! Thanks Roy. You're tops!

Downside: very removed from the beach and traditional Bali experience. Food and drinks within the villas is very expensive.

Upside: ... ummm did you read the bit about your own private pool!? Also, great restaurant nearby: Kat's Kitchen - amazing Thai food.

Definitely recommend the place for a break for the usual Kuta experience - a little bit of indulgence :)

Room Tip: Every room is a good room....
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at Dreamland Villas with my girlfriend for 4 nights in September. We found the villas themselves to be spacious, comfortable and a great place to relax. The accommodation itself was beautiful and the buffet breakfast was a very good standard with attentive service. There was only one minor problem and it was probably due to a miscommunication - I tried to arrange a transfer and golf-buggy transport to the reception for our morning of departure. But this never happened and so I had to walk to reception with our bags and wait around for a long time before our transfer showed up. The reception staff were friendly and apologised. It was no big deal, but this is an area that the hotel could probably improve in. That said, on the whole the staff were very friendly, helpful and did a great job. I would definitely stay here again - it is in a great position to access good surfing beaches, Uluwatu temple and nearby restaurants in Ungasan.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the breakfast restaurant
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FormerTravelAgent85
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Our stay in Dreamland is an accumulation of bad experiences. First and foremost, they are severely understaffed, thus bad timely responses to our requests. Secondly, we were woken up early in the morning by the loud lawnmower noise, which took 2 separate complaining calls for them to stop the noise (their response was that they didn't know that we were staying in the villa). Thirdly, we have other guest's name on our villa door (which is an example of the lackthereof service and maintenance of the villa). Fourthly, the room itself is in a dirty condition when we checked in: the bed is stained with yellow/brown/bug spots, the light fixtures are broken, and leaking sink which resulted in stagnant pool of water underneath the sink, the pool was very dirty and unusable. Last but not least, the DVD collection is horrendous, and you should bring your own, unless you're okay with watching outdated (90s) Korean dramas. After requesting an early check-out, they did not even refund us for the second unstayed night. To sum it up, we will not stay there again, even if it's paid for, and nevertheless, we will never recommend this villa to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank mgunawan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ungasan
The Beverly Hills Bali
#8 of 41 in Ungasan
Villa Seratus
Villa Seratus
#10 of 116 in Jimbaran

Been to The DreamLand Luxury Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!