“Excelent Ambiance.. Standard Food”
Review of Di Mare Restaurant

Di Mare Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Ungasan
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We spent our 9th anniv in di Mare a month ago. We went for dinner around 8 PM. It's not the best time really. Di Mare has this beautiful ocean view, which we can't really enjoy them at night. I guess sunset time would be the best as not too hot. But we really really enjoy the ambiance. The wind, the wave sound, the view, the restaurant and the staffs.. they are just so so perfect..

We ordered the steak and salted fish. It's pretty standard. Price is ok considering their nice ambiance and view.. I somehow agree with adrianjfanning.. go for the view not the food.. cheers

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

I simply cant rate another restaurant higher in Bali than di Mare in the Karma Kandara Resort in Ungasan. Nothing even comes close. Period. Views, ambience, food and drink selection, music. All in a class of its own.

1  Thank heath71
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Lunch menu fantastic, particularly for a light lunch order a few of the karma energy dishes and share them. Head Chef here is great and will accommodate requests.

1  Thank Cindi D
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Having read many mixed reviews I was a bit apprehensive about eating here and my caution was justified.Although the setting is excellent overlooking the ocean, unless you are a couple you will be seated at the back of the restaurant with half out table of 8 with a back to the ocean. But we had a wonderful view of a white washed wall all night instead. It didn't get any better when our food arrived. Although I have read many articles about how great the food is, but I think the chef might be new as the meals we were served to a person were not tasty, sure they looked nice but, they lacked flavour. One of our meals was raw, and even though a replacement was offered, my daughter couldn't stomach eating after this. Overall the service was very good, but the lack of attention to the meals spoiled our evening. The prices are what you would pay in a fine dining restaurant in Melbourne. Without the satisfaction however. Although the head chef was apologetic about the raw meal, and unbeknown to me a large discount was put in place for our meal when we checked out, I would not reccomend this restaurant until things change.

2  Thank adrianjfanning
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The location of this restaurant is very nice, the wall using white coral stone in the blue turquoise sea as the background remind me to Cyclades. The ambiance is great, but the food is just average restaurant food. we ordered salad as starter and it was just OK, nothing special. the only good is just the bread but Bali has so many good bakery also now so well, the ambiance is the most reason you want to have lunch or romantic dinner here. They have many collection of Wine and also local Balinese wine that very surprisingly good with some flavors of tropical fruits on the taste!