My partner and I first came to stay at Karma Kandara in March 2008, for the grand opening which was amazing. The resort is built in Mediterranean-style and is perched on the cliff-top, overlooking the majestic blue ocean below. Each villa is absolutely stunning, and no two are exactly alike. We enjoyed our stay in 2008 so much that we have since come back to Karma Kandara twice already – once in October 2009; and also in January of this year. Each of our stays have been absolutely fantastic and we would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a holiday with that extra touch of luxury that you cannot find in most places.
Dinner at Di Mare Restaurant – overlooking the Indian Ocean (oh - and with such a dramatically beautiful view!) has never disappointed. Serving a world-class delicious Mediterranean-inspired cuisine with a huge selection of fantastic wines to match, the members of staff are all fantastic and attentive, and we have recommended this wonderful place to all of our friends. I cannot also stress enough how wonderful their spa is. Getting a massage while seeing the vista of the ocean below you is an experience not to be missed.
We spent most of our days lazing down by the private beach which can be reached via a sort of vertical cable-car that takes you down the steep hill to the beach which is at the foot of the cliff. You can, of course, make your own way down via steps – although this was way too much of an effort for us (there are 360 steps so quite a trek – especially coming back up!). Nammos - the beach restaurant – is also of world-class, serving everything from tasty beach-snacks to delicious lunches and also dinners, all the while a DJ spins cool chill-out music – creating a wonderful ambience. We found that we just wanted to stay there and let the usual worries of life slip through our fingers - like the perfect white sand on the beach. We quite often came for lunch, and stayed to watch the amazing sunsets that never fail to amaze.
The concept here at Karma Kandara (and for that matter - any of the Karma Resorts) is that – if you are travelling as a family, or for a group of friends - instead of renting umpteen rooms in an anonymous hotel, you can rent a gorgeous 3 or 4-bedroomed villa with a fully equipped kitchen and a private swimming-pool, all enclosed in your own private compound, for quite a reasonable sum. And with full hotel service facilities - you can still order room-service and have all your usual hotel-luxuries (your villa is cleaned every day, as is the pool) - everything was done for us, all we had to do was sit back and chill! My partner and I have absolutely loved each of our stays here, and would recommend this slice of Heaven to anyone who wishes to enjoy true peace and tranquility, but with the added luxuries that most places aren’t able to offer at the same time. The villas, the food, the staff – they are all absolutely world-class fantastic, and we will come back many more times in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karma Kandara 5 Star resort villas epitomize Bali's exclusive private pool villa experience. Globally renowned as the place to be on 'Billionaire's Row', Luxury Karma Kandara Resort is an ideal destination for friends, family and incentive group gatherings. Discover captivating views, world-class dining and Karma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Karma Kandara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karma Kandara Hotel Ungasan
- Karma Kandara Hotel Denpasar
- Karma Kandara Denpasar
- Karma Kandara Bali/Ungasan