Stayed at Kandara for 4D 3N from Sep 26 - 29 with my family. We were upgraded to a 4 bedroom villa that was absolutely stunning. You do need to bear in mind that he whole resort is remotely located, perched on the cliffside with stunning views. Hence, it is more suitable for a quiet, private retreat than a sightseeing trip due to its distance to all the other attractions. But it is so beautiful that we all wanted to just stay in and not go anywhere... This is the 4th villa we've stayed in Bali and it's defnitely our favorite.
Anyway here's my feedback on some of the key issues brought up in past reviews:
1. Bumpy Roads: Yes the roads are rather bumpy and it is located rather far away from where everything else is. I had a lot of reservations about the roads as we had an elderly travelling with us. However, once there, it really wasn't as bad as made out to be. I would reckon the bumpy unpaved roads were about 15 minutes ride.
2. Service: I had experienced none of the bad service reviewed here. We were checked in within 5 minutes and were quickly brought to our villa. Staff were always courteous and patient with our requests. On one of our last days there, my husband fell sick and they helped us call for a doctor and although it took the doctor rather long to get to the resort, we appreciated that they helped and followed-up. It is true though that they do not replenish toiletories on a daily basis but upon request, are happy to bring them to you.
3. Villa: The villa was clean, spacious and homely. Everyone was wowed by the stunning views. However, it is quick a walk from the villa to the restaurant and beach from our villa (some slight uphill/downhill walking req'd). But it is not overly strenous.
4. Beach: Yes, they charge an entrance fee if you are not staying at their villas. It doesn't affect us much - in fact, we quite like it as it kept the beach private and quiet. The beach did look a bit dirty to us though (found some broken pieces of glass).
5. Spa: I personally did not try this so it's really feedback from my mother-in-law & aunt who went for the 60 minute massage. They felt it wasn't very worth it as they take 15 minutes to 'prepare' for the massage (for changing, settling in, etc). So actually you are only having a 45 minute massage. The view from the spa jacuzzi was absolutely gorgeous though... And you will need to book the spa in advance as it is quite difficult to get a slot. Recommended to have jacuzzi and massage near to evening sunset time.
6. Di Mare: We had dinner at Di Mare on our last night. I had the seafood broth which was delicious. I also ordered the Wagyu tenderloin which was also very good. Di Mare is not your local street hawker or beach restaurant so you will need to be prepared to pay the price for dining there. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.
7. Business Centre: They have 1 computer with printer located outside their library (above reception). The internet speed is fast and printing is free. You can also borrow some movies to watch in-villa from the library.
Overall, we loved our stay at Kandara and would not hesitate to recommend it. We're certainly looking forward to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karma Kandara 5 Star resort villas epitomize Bali's exclusive private pool villa experience. Globally renowned as the place to be on 'Billionaire's Row', Luxury Karma Kandara Resort is an ideal destination for friends, family and incentive group gatherings. Discover captivating views, world-class dining and Karma Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Karma Kandara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karma Kandara Hotel Ungasan
- Karma Kandara Hotel Denpasar
- Karma Kandara Denpasar
- Karma Kandara Bali/Ungasan