Karma Kandara
$482
$112
Renaissance Hotels
$627
Asri Jewel Villas & Spa(Ungasan)(Great Value!)
$68
getaroom.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,620 results
All reviewsdi mare restaurantprivate beachcable carbedroom villathe cliffpersonal conciergeprivate conciergekids clubbeach barinfinity poolstunning locationthree bedroomfamily holidaystar resortindian oceangolf buggymain pool
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We did not stay here but had two days on their beach and dining at the restaurant. It certainly is an experience not to be missed. We went twice and would have liked another day, being there relaxing, swimming, sunbathing, and reading. All so quiet and peaceful and not over crowded. I think if one is being very clever about tides, would attempt a time when the tide is rising and have the benefit of a higher tide over the hours there. The service is great from the Sun Beds, restaurant very enjoyable and of course the ride down from above to the beach in the Tram Car is an experience in itself. Was amused to see the Tram car was made in Wellington New Zealand. It all reminded me of skiing but in the reverse in all ways. Supplied for all to use are goggles and flippers, where you can spend hours flopping around in the lagoon looking at all sorts of sea life below you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank TonyNZ01
Reviewed October 30, 2012

we had the most wonderful 5 days at villa #38 at Karma kandara.. the staff,ambience everything was good. from the time we checked in to the massive villa everything was awesome.. the pool,service etc. try nammos beach club and also the private beach.. it was a fun time ..

Room Tip: Try Villa #38.. we had absolute privacy..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Ambushed..that's how we felt! The evening before our transfer to Karma Kandara I was contacted by the resort to say they were overbooked & would we like to stay where we were for another night.I was very disappointed about this as we only had 2 nights at Kandara & a part of the day always gets swallowed up when moving.I said that we were very much looking forward to our Kandara experience & that we wished to book in as we had planned this for a very long time.No problem,says the Manager.On arrival at Kandara we were booking in & "ambushed" by the GM.She tells us that she's very sorry but that the pool in the villa is not up to standard & is being treated with chemicals.She assured us it was safe to swim in.Because of this she said we would receive a complimentary lunch & spa treatment to "sweeten" the deal.At the time we thought this was pretty good of them.We were told the villa would be ready in 45 minutes but that stretched out to two and a half hours.What a huge disappointment to find our villa was what we heard referred to as the Spa Office! It looked like a rush job had been done to move someone out.There were not the usual welcoming folders/directories, no safe & yes..there was a room downstairs with about 5 computers-ON ! The pool was so cloudy & dirty that we couldn't even see the steps.We were so hot by now that we ventured in but the bottom of the pool was so slimy that we very quickly exited! It didn't take long for the monkeys to arrive & they never really left.There presence made us have to stay indoors.The racket of them on the roof all night made for poor sleeping.In the morning the pool didn't look any better & the deck area & pool were covered in monkey excretement.We had been told we would be moved & that eventually happened.But guess what, that pool wasn't ready for us either.Apparently the people before didn't want anyone to come in and do pool maintenance & so they had to empty the pool, refill & put chemicals in.We were so over it, so hot & disappointed , that we sat in the pool anyway.Once it filled up & started to clear, then we started to relax.This villa was more like what we had been expecting & if only we hadn't had the last awful 24hr experience.The balinese staff were lovely, the food excellent.Drinks too expensive.The Spa & staff were magnificent, such beautiful gentle people & I absolutely say go for the Hot Stone massage with Puspa.
We had been looking forward to this for so long and Yes it has the WOW factor, but the experience has been overshadowed by what we went through.We never did see the GM again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jenny231
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Came to visit Karma Kandara private beach at the recommendation of sister villa, Karma Jimbaran. We did not stay here but I have to shout about the stunning views of Karma Kandara!

Stepping into Karma Kandara is like being transported to Santorini in Greece. The resort has a Mediterranean touch to it with it being on a high cliff and its white facade against the deep blue sea and sky. The sea view is simply breathtaking, the infinity pool just seem endless! The inclinator ride down to the private beach was painful as we couldn't contain ourselves with the beautiful view of the sea calling out to us. The kids loved snorkeling and playing in the clear waters. I couldn't stop taking pictures of the place! Our hungry stomachs were so contented and satisfied by the delish food served in Nammos beach club and Di Mare. We loved the place so much we came back the next day.

I highly recommend Karma Kandara to anyone who wants to view Bali with a difference. This place is it! I will come and stay in Karma Kandara when I come back to Bali.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Purrlyn
Reviewed October 16, 2012

What can I say about Karma Kandara apart from simply amazing. I have stayed in many resorts in Bali but have to admit that this one wins hands down.

Generally I feel the need to be adventurous and hits the streets for some bargains but here at Ulu's on the Bukit Peninsula I had succumb to the relaxing environment surrounding me.

This is a place that you will want to share with your friends and family. The food in Di Mare and Nammos is like a party in your mouth and the cocktails divine. Nammos beach club is awesome to unwind on Karma's private beach.

You will find yourself never wanting to leave this place and I can't wait for my return.
See you soon!