“Really Really disappointed!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bantayan Island
Luzon, Philippines
“Really Really disappointed!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I am expecting a beautiful sea side yet i am very much dismayed by what I have seen when the team went there. We are expecting and excited to swim but there is no beach near the resort. What we saw was the compiled sacks!!! The service isn't well!! there are many employees yet the service was too slow!! I won't ever recommend the resort to my friends!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank sayrjwithfeelings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The room is nice & all tiles with a nice fat LCD tv. the only problems I have with this place is it doesn't have a phone, no hot water; so I have to take a really quick cold shower. The bathroom is average with tiles. They clean the room everyday. Nice customer service. I normally go to coucou restaurant to eat so I can't make any comments on marlins restaurant. Their beach is not as nice as Kota beach resort though because it's not flat. I go to Kota beach to lay out & swimming but I sleep here. If this is your first time here in bantayan I'd recommend staying here for a couple of days until you are comfortable with the place, then checkout coucou lodge/restaurant for affordable price or kota. FYI: Kota doesn't have hot water, phone or tv but the beach is awesome. My family stayed here for 1,560 pesos a night (deluxe) & they like it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Star_angelbabe
Trois-Ilets, Martinique
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The staff are all courteous, kind, friendly and polite. The resort is very accessable to the main road and not so far from the pier yet if you book ahead they would still pick you up with their service vehicle making it even more convinient to you. They all made us feel so comfortable all through out of one week's stay making us want to come back in our next vacation. The place is very clean and well maintained and they serve good food in their restaurant too :)

Room Tip: Rooms in the seafront are always the best!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wildflower13
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I had a pleasent stay here the weather was great and the location of the hotel right on the beach made it all a nice vacation.There is no swimming pool and if u eat in the restaurant you better have good time cause it takes quiet long time.Its 20 meters away from some good good and drinks great location.

Room Tip: I stayed right on the beach witch was nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Motorizer
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I had a great time when I visit Bantayan Island with my husband, my boyfriend then, and my good friend. We stayed here at Marlin but most of the rooms are fully booked so we ended up getting the fan room. The room we stayed in is spacious and we had a great time walking and swimming by the white sand beach. Place is accessible, well kept, clean and quiet. No pool though. We're looking forward to going back here soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kastiel
Norway
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Me and my family (wife and two kids, 3 and 6 stayed here for 10 days in the end of february 2012. We din't book anything in advance, so we started to walk along the beach to look for a place to stay. We arrived with a banca from Malapascua at Yoneek. We cheked several places, but for us it was imporant to stay right on the beach, and preferable with a beach bar/restaurant. We ended up with a beachfront aircon room, first floor, and one extra matress on the floor, for my oldest daughter. We had a perfect time here. The place is a bit dated, and could need some maintanance, but that did not have any impact on our stay. Very friendly staff.

The food was very good, but something happend after a week, because suddenly it was not good at all. I checked it out, and the master chef was gone for a one week vacation, so the rest of the time we din't eat there.

The beach is very nice and windy, so it did'nt get to hot. If you prefer it hotter you can just walk down the beac to the left, and as it turns the wind calms down. My small girls played in the water the hole day. If you go far out, there is some nice corals and a lot of small fish as well.

A daytrip to Virgin Island ( A Banca for a day is about 1000 peso + entrence fee 100 pr pax) was also very nice.

The resort and this part of the beach is heading north east, so no sunset, but excellent sunrise:-)

I will defenently stay here If I come back to Bantayan.

Room Tip: Beachfront was very nice.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank SEstil
Desenzano Del Garda, Italy
Reviewed January 12, 2012

We stayed there for 14 nights in Dec and January 2012 after moving from another resort in Bantayan.
The resort is right on the beach, which is clean and well maintained(during our permanence they were maintaining the beach , because of the high tide).
Rooms are very clean and very big, ther is a TV, air-con , a lovely terrace overlooking a garden and the see, and Wi-Fi is in every place free (even at the beach!!!!)
Bathroom and shower are made with marble and are really confortable and clean with all the amenities you need.
We had lunch every day at their restaurants, it is not one of the cheapest, but the quality of the food, the staff (very friendly) and the location are at the top level.
The resort is just 30 metres far from the centre, but you don't hear any noise , it is a quite place, with careaker outside the resort.
If you have to stay in Bantayan this is the place to go!!!
The owners are a lovely couple, Michael is German, and Juny is a caring Philippina, she offered us fried bananas and coconuts juice.
We were invited to take place to a dancing evening with a sort of staffs competition, and we enjoyed it so much.
The offered us the lechon wich is the typical milk pig , giant fried prawns, lasagne, and many other delicious food, it was one of the most funny evening of our holidays.
If I'll go back to the Bantayan for sure this will be my choice.
Michael and Juny, thank you for everything!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family