“Poor experience not recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ogtong Cave Resort

Ogtong Cave Resort
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bantayan Island
“Poor experience not recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location, nice lobby and general gardens but step inside room, you are up for a shock - sand, dirt, mosquitoes all over, broken aircon, no complimentery drinking water, tiny bathroom with no toiletries, empty mini bar, room smells, aircon was broken and was so noisy that we could not sleep. Poor service where everything is charged extra.Pathetic restaurent that cant b called a place to eat chef has no clue what ia he doing. Basic stuff missing .. so much so no corn flakes. They ask to pay extra for creamer if you need it for coffee ..wow. Too many day users who were very noisy...nice see view but no favilities...They certainly spoiled our vacation and we had to go out to eat and cut short our visit. I will never visit this place again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jaideep A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This Island in Cebu is a heaven. This is a virgin island with the most beautiful blue sea, white sand, endangered forest and the cleanest beach I’ve ever visited.
During our vacation here in Bantayan we stayed in Ogtong beach resort. This resort is made by natural limestone rocks with landscape garden. They have aircon and non-aircon villas where you can overlook the different scenery of the resort.
They have a swimming pool, fresh water underground cave and beach area. We tried this fresh water underground cave. The water is very cold and very clear. Though it’s rocky, you can enjoy the feeling that you are inside the cave swimming with your family. A must try.
After that experience, we were offered to do island hopping. We agreed and rode on a small boat. We went to various islands and do snorkeling. You can see many species of fishes and you can feed and play with them. Our last stop of the island hopping is the Virgin Island. The name itself can explain why it is called so. It’s the most serine and bluish sea if ever seen. The seafood’s we ate are fresh and so mouth-watering. You can also see starfish in the sea shore and corals. Beautiful creation from God. You should come and see for yourself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Jane A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This resort was underrated in the the reviews so I feel compelled to share the wonderful experience that I had in my stay. I have stayed in 5 star resorts,i.e. Shangrila Mactan, Pearl Farm Samal Island, Grand Wailea Oahu,etc,and although the scale was not in the same category the memories and experience was every bit as memorable. The resort was outstanding in all respects,cleanliness, magnificent vistas, a lighted fresh water cave(to bathe and soak and to hide from the hot mid afternoon heat). The food was excellent, I brought fresh crab,clams,scallops,and shrimp from the The Bantayan fish market and the reort chef made the most delicious Bouillabaisse ever( Tinalong), as well as fried shrimp in the shell and baked scallops.In terms of dollar spent per the amount of satisfaction, marginal utility in economic terms , this was over the top! Trust me, I came to stay for 2 days, I stayed for four and then the following week I came for another three.I will be back after the Christmas Holidays and probably stay for at least a week! The price was soooo reasonable.....so come and enjoy and I hope I see you there, the winding road with a wall full of bougainvilleas will lead you there.Ciao!

Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Art R
Pasig, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

we realized that we don't need to stay here to also try their amenities because this resort has a sort of walk-in/day tour. They already allow you to take pictures and use the swimming pool with the day tour. There is a bar few steps from the pool. and the pool is overlooking the very beautiful refine white sand beach. the room we got was quite ok but kinda expensive for the place coz there are already places around which just costs more than php 1,000. The service is ok though it will take longer time for them room services.

Overall, nice beach. I recommend this resort because the beach is very beautiful and a quiet place to stay and relax. While you are here, I also suggest you go to Virgin Island. You can go there through a speed boat (ours cost us only Php 1,000 coz just me and my hubby) then the entrance to the island is Php 500 for a speed boat parked on the island which includes free entrance for 5 people and free cottage (with us is our guide and the speed boat operator).

There's no way you can pay less than Php 500 since the only way to get there is through the speed boat =) but with the charm of our speed boat operator, he lured the cashier and charged us only Php 450 =) What we like most about the beach is it is NOT CROWDED and the Virgin Island is TRULY AMAZING white refine sand with very CLEAR WATER! so if you are the type who likes a little privacy (not crowded) you should visit VIRGIN ISLAND. But you should also take your lunch with you since they have grill. They also have refreshments available but really pricey.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shan_the_explorer
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

The place is very beautiful. The area is well maintained daily. Clean swimming pools and the grass is swept daily. The food was incredible!!! The chef "Roldan" and his assistant "Bong Bong" prepared all sea food we purchased from Bantayan City Port for a small fee. Sooo Good!!! If you want hot coffee/tea you will need to call the desk and they will bring you hot water in a thermos. The refrigerator was large and effective. Rent a motor scooter (take your drivers license and passport) for 200-300 pesos a day or use the tricycle ride which will cost you 40 pesos per person per direction. Leave your valuables at the front desk. It is safe there. The room safe appears like a small jewelery box. The beach access is a little rocky so you may want to try another beach to play in the water. There is access from Ogtong Beach to go island hopping. Ogtong Cave itself was facinating and refreshing. The room and comfort room were clean, hot water for showers, AC was adequate, television had 2 local stations and there is NO WIFI. I heard... "problems with the provider and depends on the wind direction". The internet access was one of the main reasons why I decided to stay here so I was a little disappointed. I did find internet connection in Santa Fe. I love being picked up and dropped off at the port.

Room Tip: Virgin Island Hopping : 30-40 minutes boat ride and your boat person will pick you up at your resort...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Burqueman505
Quezon City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We we're curious to see the cave so we rented a motorbike and explore Bantayan. We saw the signage of Ogtong Cave and we're asked to pay Php100 for the entrance. The lady said that we can use the hotel facilities like the pool until 6pm. The property is huge and their garden is well taken care of. The cave is ok, guests are not allowed to dip or swim on it but i admire its clear waters. I think the hotel is taking care of the cave because it's very clean when we visited No one can complain since that cave is made by nature so I dont think it's the property's fault if it's small.

When we visited, there's no beach. I dont know if its because of the tide or the season. And the waves are quite huge so it's not easy to swim on it.

I checked their prices before we visited the island and I thought its a bit pricey compared to other resorts where you can get better accommodations in the other parts of the island for a much better rate. Plus they have huge shorelines and white powderlike sand like those in Boracay. The hotel is a bit far from the restaurants and stores where you can eat and buy your stuffs. I cannot rate the food and the rooms itself since we didnt stay there.

I would say that the property itself is nice, its pricey yes, but if you want to relax far from crowd and wanted a quiet place. Ogtong might be good for you,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sevendust12
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

The rooms are quite ok for the price. There are two pools but the one with a slide and more things to play around is only for honey mooners... We asked and were allowed to use it anyway, strange setup. No real beach but ok to swim at high tide. Unfortunately there is no good way to get to the nice part of the beach without wading in the water.
Restaurant is incredibly slow and the pool bar a joke.

• Stayed December 2011
Marlin's Beach Resort
Marlin's Beach Resort
#2 of 9 in Bantayan Island
Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar
Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant ...
#3 of 17 in Bantayan Island

Been to Ogtong Cave Resort? Share your experiences!