Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

It was my first time in Bantayan Island, however it was after the typhoon, so i was sad to see the devastation that the typhoon has made to the island.
i really wanted to have a cottage type room, so we booked beach placid, their location is convenient that its only minutes away from the pier and also to the market and restaurants. They have friendly attendants and they clean their beach front everyday that makes it safe for you to roam in the sand.
I was really happy with the room, although they could make their bathroom mirror a little bigger, that you could see half your body, since we could only see our face and we are not able to see how we look on what we wear, i was just surprised with the size of the mirror but its not a big deal, although they could take note of that, we still had a grand time there. For tv, i understand it was because of yolanda that they were not able to offer that service, wifi, we tried to see if there was one but there wasn't, and we didn't bothered to ask them for it was really no that important for us.
Their restaurant serves good tasting food, i really liked it and i really love crabs, but then when they serve the crab it was a frozen crab as i could observe the meat of the crab are somewhat hard-ish, i really didn't expect that since it's a beach resort, but since they seasoned the crab well it was still good. That night at the restaurant there were only 2 waiters and it was hard for us to call one since there was a time when they left the area and we wanted to order something, not really good idea to leave the area without even making sure that there would be someone who will take over their place. But the waiter was friendly, he answered our querries very well.
Overall we were happy couples as we enjoyed the beach views of the sun and the sand and very clean air to breathe...
The owner is also friendly, they adopted a dog, the dog was nice but then i was kind of scared when the dog followed me around when the dog thought i was bringing food...:) but the dog is harmless i saw a child of one of their guests that was petting the dog...
Thanks beach placid!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank bhabyadik
Joan_Nepangue, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thanks for your input. We are glad that you we're pleased with your stay. Thank you for your suggestions about the mirror and the food. We will start making changes. Hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I went to Bantayan for a month on my own, not part of an organization, to help typhoon victims in January . I stayed at Beach Placid Resort and it was truly an amazing experience. The staff treated me like a king, practically at my beck and call. If I ever had a problem or request it was taken care of immediately. The food was very good and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Amazingly that was not the best thing. I must pay tribute to the owner of the resort, Joan (Joanne) Nepangue (also a locally elected public official) . She was extremely helpful guiding me on how to help people in the community, giving me suggestions on how I could help even providing me transportation to locations that I could help. In addition she herself, out of her own pocket, giving her own time, using her own staff and equipment provided food for hungry children all over the island and built homes for people with nowhere to live. I was privileged enough to help with providing that most generous aide.

The Philippines is a country with a reputation for public corruption at all levels. Yet it should be known it does not apply to my friend Joan. She is true public servant and humanitatian. I wish her all the best and give her all the praise she deservers.

In short if you want to stay at a beautiful at a beautiful beach front resort and support people who support a community in such dire need, stay at Beach Placid!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Alexon1
Joan_Nepangue, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Wow, no words can express my thanks to such a nice review! I'm just really doing the best I can for my guests, the community, my people, and my country. I have deep passion on what I do, and I believe in honesty and integrity among anything else.

I thank you for also sharing your time and money to help the victims of the super typhoon, and thank you for helping us feed and clothe the homeless and hungry children. You are an amazing guy!

May God bless you and guide you to places and people who needs help. Again, we thank you!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We rented several rooms for our party. Everyone enjoyed their stay and the staff was very accommodating. I stayed in the native designed house and it was small but cozy. Staff arranged transportation without isue for our party of seven to see the island. Thanks! I will return.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ecar8

Thank you for your review. We are happy to be of service to you and your family and friends. We will see you again soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Ive been here right after supertyphoon Yolanda. Despite some damaged rooms and structures, the owner picked up the pieces and got the resort back on its foot. One of the beaches that was able to serve first after the devastating tragedy...and my stay continued some 3 months now.

All because the services here are AMAZINGLY SUPERB. Courteous staffs. Spacious rooms. Nice beach. Awesome food. Very personalized service. Name it all. The owner is very hands-on and always sees to it that their guests get their money's worth.

The restaurant offers a lot of choices...and great foods would make you not go anywhere else but here. This is one resort that you wouldnt go looking for any other when in Sta. Fe, Bantayan. My boss, one thats soooo hard to please wont go anywhere else too. Beach Placid makes your vacation, may it be business or pleasure, really worthwhile. And all my pictures speak a million appreciation! Thank you Beach Placid.

Room Tip: Choose one at the beach front or the bigger rooms for bigger entourage.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for an amazing review. I know it's our job to please our customers but we also must not forget our social responsibility. At beach placid especially after the devastation of the super typhoon Yolanda, we made sure that some proceeds from the resort was donated and given to the needy and the poor people who was left with nothing.

To all our guests who patronized our resort, thank you all for being a part of out lives.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Quaint resort with friendly staff. They make you feel at home and are very accommodating. The bungalows are charming and it gives you a taste of old-fashion Filipino flare (nipa huts). The resort has recovered from the typhoon and the locals are warm and inviting. The local town has an abundance of European tourists and residents. At night you will find them flock the downtown restaurants and streets. My friends and I will definitely return to this island on a frequent basis.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach have great views; however, the beach is only a few feet away from all the ro...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review! That's what Beach Placid is known for, we pride ourselves in giving great service and a warm accommodation. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I visited here for the first time in Jan 2014. The rooms were very comfortable, service was always good and the staff was very friendly. The next time I visit Bantayan, Beach Placid Resort is where I will stay. Great people and a great place for the price. It exceeded my expectations. Jim B

• Stayed: January 2014
giging, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We make it our goal to provide or beloved guests 100% satisfaction. We hope we will see you soon! It was fun spending time with you and thank you for also helping us feed the needy children.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Avoid room 3, rooms one and two are ok for budget travel. Beach is cleaned daily but trash all around. We switched to the neighbor property after a night. See my other review. Friendly owner and staff. Good restaurant. MeuterMedia

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
giging, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Meuter,

Wow, I'm surprised by this review. When youre wife made a reservation your wife insisted on room 3 the native cottage made out of materials native to the philippines. Secondly, you came with a group of high school friends of mine who came here to bond with me. I did my best to accommodate you all from group discounts, to food and room accommodation discounts etc. you seemed to have a good time laughing and smiling with everyone. What happened? Now this bad review? You're group ordered native food maybe not to you're liking since they're all
Philippine native delicacies but you could have ordered international dish:(

Common man be fair. I'm really disappointed in your review as if you have a personal vendetta. There were 11 in your group and you're the only one who didn't have a good time? Please do not include to put down my business. Good luck with your unhappy life