It was my first time in Bantayan Island, however it was after the typhoon, so i was sad to see the devastation that the typhoon has made to the island.
i really wanted to have a cottage type room, so we booked beach placid, their location is convenient that its only minutes away from the pier and also to the market and restaurants. They have friendly attendants and they clean their beach front everyday that makes it safe for you to roam in the sand.
I was really happy with the room, although they could make their bathroom mirror a little bigger, that you could see half your body, since we could only see our face and we are not able to see how we look on what we wear, i was just surprised with the size of the mirror but its not a big deal, although they could take note of that, we still had a grand time there. For tv, i understand it was because of yolanda that they were not able to offer that service, wifi, we tried to see if there was one but there wasn't, and we didn't bothered to ask them for it was really no that important for us.
Their restaurant serves good tasting food, i really liked it and i really love crabs, but then when they serve the crab it was a frozen crab as i could observe the meat of the crab are somewhat hard-ish, i really didn't expect that since it's a beach resort, but since they seasoned the crab well it was still good. That night at the restaurant there were only 2 waiters and it was hard for us to call one since there was a time when they left the area and we wanted to order something, not really good idea to leave the area without even making sure that there would be someone who will take over their place. But the waiter was friendly, he answered our querries very well.
Overall we were happy couples as we enjoyed the beach views of the sun and the sand and very clean air to breathe...
The owner is also friendly, they adopted a dog, the dog was nice but then i was kind of scared when the dog followed me around when the dog thought i was bringing food...:) but the dog is harmless i saw a child of one of their guests that was petting the dog...
Thanks beach placid!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the best and longest stretch of beach in the area, Beach Placid is happy to host guests throughout the year. Beach Placid is a recepient of Trip Advisor's Certificate of Excellence award for 3 year's in a row. We also won the "best beach" award in Bantayan Island in 2011. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and satisfaction. We have various types of cottages to cater to different needs and walks of life. At beach placid you enter as strangers and leave as family. Beach Placid also accommodates special requests and events. So what are you waiting for? Come join our family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant And Bar Hotel Bantayan Island
- Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant And Bar Bantayan Island, Cebu Island