Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar
Sunshine Bantayan Garden Resort(Santa Fe)(Great Value!)
$32
$41
  • Beachfront
Marlin's Beach Resort(Bantayan Island)
$81
$58
Agoda.com
Amihan Beach Cabanas(Bantayan Island)
$72
$58
Priceline
$38
  • Pool
St. Bernard Beach Resort(Bantayan Island)
$61
$24
  • Beachfront
Ogtong Cave Resort(Bantayan Island)
$46
  • Pool
Adelaida Pensionne Hotel(Bantayan Island)(Great Value!)
$29
$21
$30
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsisland hoppingcottage roomaccommodating and friendly staffsanta felow tidewhite sandhidden paradisegrilled squidrent a bikesea urchinsfew stepsseafoodportresortbudgetmotorcycleshore
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked 2 rooms at the resort for my family and parents for 3 nights. The beach front is perfect. The restaurant food is superb, my daughter enjoyed the pizza so much and my wife loved the home cooked style of cooking. The staff is very helpful and accommodating to our request to transfer to a bigger room (as we had a toddler with us) and the upgrade was free of charge! The whole family had a great time swimming and visiting the lovely island of Bantayan.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
giging, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Our goal is to make our customers happy and make the most of their long awaited vacation. We're glad to be of service and were happy you loved our food and accommodation. Hope to see you again!

Joan

Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was nice and relaxing. Informative staff with many services like terminal shuttle, motorboat for Island hopping, or massages. My boyfriend and I stayed in a beach front native cottage. Smaller than I expected, but I paid the price. I really don't like sleeping in other people's sheets, so if you'r like me then bring your own. Also, if you're going to arrange for a boat to Island hop, it's yours all day! I didn't know that till we headed back to the hotel. The best part aside from the calm clear waters was waking up to the sound of the ocean waves just outside your window. If you’re looking for a relaxing and affordable vacation, this is it; but by no means is it a five star resort, but they do have air conditioning, another awesome amenity! Only negative thing was locals being able to access the beach from the strand and the kids asking for money. I’m already planning my next visit though.

Room Tip: There's not much space in the cottages but if u just want to sleep, shower and save money, then this is it. Plus you've got a beach front view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
giging, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. Starting this
month, I will have someone to watch the local kids to keep them
away from the beachfront (asking for money). Technically the beach is owned by the government so we really can't demand for the locals to not pass by there. But we can minimize the kids from asking. Thanks!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here last week.

First I want to mention the minor issues I had with this place.

My room really needed a des infecton before I got there. cause of bugs.
A big trashcan just outside my balcony, where the staff throw garbage, offcourse that attract flies and bugs. Move that trashcan..

Guests from other resort used Beach Placids sun beds, I saw 2 times Beach Placids guests looking for sunbeds, but no one was available cause of other resorts guests.
The Security should taken care of that.
Ashtrays should be on the tables at the Beach for those who smoke.

The Duplex room was big, had 2 big beds, and a Kitchen with everything you needed.
A quite large balcony with direct acces to the lovely Beach.

The restaurant had it all, The best service I`ve seen during my retaurant visit`s in Asia.
The staff always smiled and laughed.. Great.
The Food was great, didnt took long as some other mention here.
I also saw the sheets in the restaurant roof were colored from a leak, but they removed the shets while we was there.
Very Close to the Ferry, so the location is Perfect.

I have no doubt reccomending this resort to other Travelers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jericho J
giging, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thanks for your review. All of your suggestions were noted and changes were made today! We work hard to make our customers happy and satisfied.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have no complaints about the service it was great and the food at the restaurant is good as well. It took a while and we had to wait a while before food was served but we also experienced that in other restaurant in bantayan so i guess thats the norm there. We stayed at a non beach front cottage near the reception area. The linen on the bed we slept with was very thin, I guess we could request for this to be replaced and they would have replaced it but i hope they wont use that type of linen anymore. There were bed bugs on our bed and I had a severe allergic reaction to it that i had to cut my vacation short together with my friend and go to cebu doctors hospital. Plus point is that they were nice and offered to take me to the hospital there, but I just decided to go back to cebu. The aircon on the room is placed at an awkward location that its dripping on the bathroom so the bathroom floor is always wet. The state of the bathroom is scary as well. I have stayed at budget resort and even on a more remote areas and they're in much better shape than the room we stayed in. I hope this is just an isolated case and that they make sure that all their bed mattresses are free of bed bugs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
giging, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thanks for your review and I'm sorry for your inconvenience. If it were true that you got bitten by a bed bug you could have said something to the front desk or manager. We had no prior reports of bed bugs in any room. You could have been bitten somewhere else outside while swimming or going somewhere else in the island. We are on an island.. We need specific proof that it came from the room. We've had thousands of guests who stayed in this room with no bug bites. Also if this was true you could have asked to be transferred to another room since the room was not to your satisfaction. We could have easily transferred you. Also, if you were such in bad condition , Why didn't you go to the local hospital here? why wait until you checked out and go to a hospital
In cebu which is about 6-7 hours away? if you're allergic to any island insects or creatures, i suggest staying in the city for vacation. island life is not for you:(. The linens we put on the beds are thin because it is so hot in the island like 95-100 plus degrees. Why should we put thick blankets? If you asked for more blankets or thicker ones we could have provided them to you.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have visited Beach Placid 4 times in the past year. It is where we go when we want to get out of the city and enjoy some sun. The rooms are adequate for the price. They are always very accommodating with our four kids and provides an extra mattress - the rooms are a good size so we still have plenty of room. The staff are our favorite part -and they are always there with a smile and a gathering to say goodbye when we leave. We normally stay two nights and enjoy all of our dinners at the restaurant. They have karaoke at the bar/restaurant that keeps us entertained. They offer free transport to and from port but the distance is walkable too! Easy access to the port. They are also good to help you find food at the market, coolers and ice to take on the boat when you head to the Virgin Island - the beach at Beach Placid is also wonderful.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
giging, Owner at Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you made beach placid your favorite place for relaxing. We hope to see you again soon. Let us know always what we can do to make your stay always a happy memory for your family:)