“A view, walk and experience above sea level..,” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bontay Baywalk

Bontay Baywalk
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A view, walk and experience above sea level..,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have a family vacation at Bantayan Is., Cebu, my father's hometown this May, and my cousin tour us around the island and he keep on saying that we will go to the town of Madridejos, another town of Bantayan Is., together with Sta. Fe and Bantayan, to view the sunset. I thought it was just a simple sunset but when we arrived at the place, my eyes widely opened when i see a pathway, above sea and is leading to a viewing dock or something. It is wonderful and relaxing. You can see the clear water below and the sun weaving goodbye in the horizon. You can also pamper at the beach for free. This place is really wonderful, but before you leave, don't forget to donate for the park's maintenance..,:)

Visited May 2013
1 Thank J_Carlo9308

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Dumaguete City, Philippines
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Nice to visit......needs some work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Visited the bay walk and liked the view. Wish it was properly maintained as mentioned in other reviews it needs some work. Some places seem a bit dangerous and need work to be safe. We still enjoyed it and children were nearby from a fishing village catching fish in the shallows. Make a donation so they can maintain this site.

Visited April 2013
Cebu City, Philippines
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bontay Baywalk as the place of hope!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I can really appreciate this place for its the only place where I can find peace.

During my childhood, we call it "Kota Bridge" because it connects the watchtower from the kota park. My classmates and I usually hang outs here because in here we can shout out loud that no one would get angry. Sometimes if low tide, we walk through the bontay or even we walk from the watch tower to 'parola' or lighthouse which is distant from the tower.

While we were swimming, I usually jump from the bridge to the sea. I love to do it. And i remember the guard always get angry at us.
This place made so many memories in me that I couldn't forget.

The place is getting older so it must be took care.

Now that I'm no longer a child, every vacation I go there alone at the waiting shed in the middle of the bridge where I always see the sun setting. And I am hoping that may the good memories may happen again.

jacinth.suico@gmail.com

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Jacinth S
Quezon City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“needs care”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I saw this boardwalk online so when we got to bantayan, I immediately arrange a motorbike with our hotel so we could visit the boardwalk. It's a boardwalk that needs care by its people. There were missing steps on it that can be dangerous to people visiting the place. It also needs to be repainted because there were some parts that is already rusty.

It was low tide when we visited the place so i never had the chance to admire its beauty during high tide. The place has this rustic feel since there were a lot of boats in the area. There were also kids collecting shells on the shore. The sand is not as white compared to the other beaches in Bantayan but I would say that the visit is worth it. (I'm not hard to please)

Enjoy your bike ride, enjoy the island breeze, meet people and appreciate. =)

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sevendust12
Amsterdam
452 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 661 helpful votes
“Nice baywalk!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

A kind of attraction seen only in Bantayan Island.

I did not know about the name of the baywalk. But there is no other long pier in the island. It was in its lowest tide when we were there and nearly noontime. The place was deserted and was free to go back and fort up to the tip of the baywalk.. Just get a snap shot and go.

Nice shot. and nothing more. We were not able to swim at its lowest tide.

Visited November 2011