See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Don't expect any help with your bags. The Reception staff were atrocious, all 3 of them behaved like a 1 or 2 star hotel. Flatly refused to organise any help with our bags from the car, so I had to carry them up to our rooms. My wife was sick as a results of eating the fish pasta (she's a nurse so she knows it was that) the reception staff, were dismissive, did not believe us, and did not even take the lunch price off the bill. So we paid for my wife to be ill, and she missed a last night out with our friends because of this. There were a few other things the reception failed to do, they didn't appear to understand it was a 4 star hotel.

A real shame the reception chose to let this place down, our friends live nearby and run a B&B, they are always looking for places to recommend when friends, family and guests. Unfortunately I can't recommend this place. As service is such a big part when you stay somewhere, the reception staff, made it an unpleasant stay.

The reality with this hotel is that they cater mainly for weddings, there were 2 happening whilst we were there, so they focus on this rather than other guests.

The hotel itself is very nice, rooms and grounds are lovely

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank lippystik
Reviewed May 29, 2017

As soon as you arrive, you are meet with a beautiful view of the castle in front of you.
It truly is an amazing place. Inside the hotel is immaculate and we were impressed with how clean the hotel was. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was nice. The view from the room was also stunning across the the beautiful Italian countryside. I real gem!

Room Tip: All have fantastic views as the castle is up high
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2017

My room was on third floor. The room was comfortable with a terrace. Everything was clean. Breakfast was as usual in Italy. There is also swimming pool, but I did not use because was cold weather. Around the hotel, there is a nothing (also no one market), so if you like to walk in city, you must go with car to Lanciano or Pecara...

Room Tip: Third floor has a room with terrace. only
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Was former castle. Typical Italian hotel inside. Rooms big and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant offered top quality food and all at reasonable prices. Free wifi and parking.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

The fact that the hotel is in a wonderful castel perfectly maintained, doesn't need to keep the room furniture exactly as it was in the 17th century. Wooden blankets? Even an Ikea room would be better. I rate it 4 stars because of the excellent restaurant, otherwise it would go down to 3 stars

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business