“Excellent place”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in La Turbie
Rehovot
“Excellent place”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very stylish place. The room that we stayed in (130 euro through booking.com) was perfect for a romantic vacation. The room included a 32" flat screen T.V. and a well designed bathroom. Parking is available not far from the hotel, but you'll have to pay for it if you're not in for long walks with your stuff. The place itself might be difficult to find. We had good luck to get directions from a local English speaking guy that walked us to the place. If you are walking more then 2 minutes from the tourist information in the center vile- it means that you are not on the right way. If you are using booking.com- better call the hotel to check that all is o.k. - we got there at night and although we got a conformation for our internet booking, the staff at the hotel did not write it on their charts and only by chance there was a free room.   Other then that, the place is a gem...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Amir B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you are looking for a break away with your partner then this is the place.
A beautiful location in a mountain village with a lovely room and views.
This is not a place to be travelling with a buggy or if you are in a wheelchair I am afraid as the hotel steps and no lift and the local area is hilly/steppy.
Found the service to be helpful, trusting and decent value for money. Location is about 30 minutes cab ride from Nice airport and 20 minutes from Monaco (or an hour's walk down some very cobbly, steep hills if you fancy burning off the pain au chocolats).
Did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food.
Only mild complaint was the church bells ringing at 7am every morning but thought this added to the splendour of the place.
Overall if you are looking for a place to simply do very little and eat, drink and have some light strolls then this is an ideal location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Adam W
Bendigo
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our 4 night stay at Hostellerie Jerome was a highlight of our European holiday. A boutique hotel situated within a medieval village, Jerome was the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of Monte Carlo only a few kms away. We stayed in the suite for our stay which was very reasonably priced and was beautifully appointed. It is most definitely a case of the reality being better than the photos on the website. The room is spacious, modern and has everything you need, including a lovely view of the valley toward the coast, and of course WiFi. The room and bathroom appear to be recently renovated. The staff were friendly and helpful, and we're attentive considering this is really a wonderful restaurant with 5 accommodation rooms attached!
The restaurant was amazing as you would expect from one with a double Michelin Star rating. We had two evening meals there, one of which was the 13 course degustation. We can honestly say it was the best meal we have ever eaten! There was a good selection of wines , with some local drops being a good accompaniment to the meal, and reasonable value also - the wine list varied from about 30 Euro to 4500 Euro a bottle.
We loved the location of Jerome, as it did not feel like a tourist Mecca, La Turbie feels like a real village not just a tourist money pot ( like the nearbye Eze) . We did the 1 hour walk down to Monte Carlo and spent the day there, we jogged to Eze on another day, and spent half a day exploring the Trophee Augustus. There are other eating options in LaTurbie, one of which is cafe LaFontaine which is run by the Hostellerie Jerome staff . The food here is also of a high quality, at cafe prices.
Finally, we used the local bus to travel to and from Nice, and found it to be reliable and cheap.

Room Tip: Suite was great, didn't see the other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Malcourt
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have to note the excellent service they provided for me. After I arrived at the hotel I discovered that I my suitcase had been broken into at the airport of departure. For some reason, among other items, they stole the connecting cable for my digital camera. I had work that had to be done that night that required taking images and uploading them. But I couldn't do that without a cable. I turned to the hotel for help and they found me a digital camera and a cable. The camera they provided was the same manufacturer as mine so I could use just the cable. Their excellent service saved me.

The wifi was weak in my room which the proprietor admitted. I said I would rather work at their lovely terrace of the restaurant so that was not an inconvenience. I should add that the main feature of this establishment is their Michelin 2 star restaurant. When the proprietor told me that I decided to eat there. I will detail that under the review of the restaurant. The breakfast was at the aforementioned terrace and it was the most exquisite breakfast I have had. The view from the terrace down to the coast is fantastic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Zoglets
Kent, UK
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed here for 3 days. What a great find. The room we had was beautiful, large, with a sea view. The hotel is located in the alleyways of this medieval village, with parking in nearby free car parks. The staff were so friendly - speaking better English than our French! We had the 10 course tasting menu one evening for around 130 Euros each - it was fabulous. We were treated to one delight after another - chef really understands food and flavours - an exceptional meal. Our only regret was discovering that the breakfast was fantastic on our last day. We must particularly praise Marianne for her superb attention. A wonderful escape from the rat race. Will definitely return. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms seem to be bigger than the others
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Angie047
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights whilst visiting our son and his friends who are based in Monaco. The hotel was everything we had wished for and the staff were friendly and welcoming. It was a real taste of luxury. Our only complaint was that we visited the brasserie owned by the hotelier, cafe de la Fontaine and found the staff rude and somewhat ignorant. We were seated and waited for 25 mInutes before a waitress asked what we wanted. We explained we had not been given menus and she rutted and told us the menu was on the wall and walked away to serve someone else. No-one had bothered to explain the system to us and she was obviously busy, but was short with us and brought our order in dribs and drabs a few minutes apart. We asked 3 times for the bill and in the end I took my credit card to the till. This was a real shame as the hotel was perfect - just don't bother with the brasserie!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Impacttravels
London
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We ate there in December 2009 - a fantastic meal, great service, and really great ambience. It was a very long dinner and we were slightly 'overrefreshed' by the end - and ended up leaving a credit card behind.

We went to retrieve it the next day, and later on that afternoon were phoned by the bank to say that someone had cloned the card and tried to book a e3,000 hotel room in Monaco! Very disappointing, and despite it being a great restautrant, I will never go back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
#9 of 10 in Monte-Carlo
Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo
Hotel Metropole Monte-Carlo
#2 of 10 in Monte-Carlo

Been to Hostellerie Jerome? Share your experiences!