Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Priceline
Agoda.com
$13
Fully refundable before Wed, Mar 6
Breakfast included
No fees just great deals
All reviews a lovely place to stay thai food baht luxury foot
Selected filters
Reviewed October 21, 2014 via mobile

Like everyone else I tried to stay at Nest but they were booked. They directed me here and it was very nice and very clean. I stayed in a bungalow without a bathroom so I used one of the communal shower/bathrooms and it was exceptionally clean. Didn't mind at all. Food was ok (average). Staff was nice. Bed was firm to my liking. No complaints except make sure to have a motorcycle/skooter to ride because there is nothing to walk to but the caves.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed the peaceful scenery of Chiang Dao. The Hut was great value for money and a good place to relax. We did find a few ants here and there but this is to be expected in the countryside! One evening, we arrived back at around 7.00pm and needed to buy water but everything had been shut and it seemed as though the staff had gone out or to bed. This wasn't a big problem but was a little frustrating. One member of staff was very helpful when we needed to make an unexpected trip to the doctor. She even came in with us to help with translating. Everyone at Chaing Dao Hut seems very happy :-)

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Stopped off here while driving the Mae Hong Son loop. As a budget backpacker I rode around for hours checking out prices of guesthouses and currently this is the cheapest in Chiang Dao (Hobby Hut is closed for renovation!). My girlfriend and I got a wooden bungalow for 400 baht. For want of a better word, this place is just lovely. Bungalow was spotless, nice double bed, hammocks outside, decent porch and the shared showers are gas heated with plenty of pressure :) Chilli basil pork rice is 50 baht and food is good and very reasonable (beer too). It's quiet with a nice garden filled with hammocks and sheltered areas for socialising. All in all, very good and peaceful place.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank scubadog2019
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We tried to stay at Chiang dao nest 2 (we'd done so previously the week before) but it was fully booked, so we stayed 1 night at Chiang dao hut. Situated right next door.
The bungalows are more basic/rustic but clean & with hot shower. Each has a small balcony or terrace with wooden bench & shade. They are all quite close to each other & the walls are thin, so slightly lacking in privacy. We paid 600bt in high season for a superior bungalow.
It closes quite early at night so don't expect dinner & beers at 8pm or anything. The food we had was good & inexpensive & good coffee. Staff 1st class.
Negatives were bed was a bit hard & as as the rooms are so close together I was woken well before dawn by someone with a hacking cough & spitting.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ningaloo25
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed in a very pleasant / rustic bungalow for 400 bht. I got a motorbike taxi from the town for 60Bht. i stayed there 3 nights and it was a lot better than Malees, up the road. The restraunt food was reasonable as were the prices. Large Singha 80 bht

As its right beside the mountain, the sun goes down early and it gets a bit chilly so bring a jacket if there in January.

I rented a well maintained bike with gears for 100 bht and cycled the 30 mins to the hot spring.
The free hotspring was crowded so I paid 50 bht for 1 hr at the nicely landscaped private one.

Date of stay: January 2014