All reviews strawberry patch nice resort breathtaking views chiang mai open air azaleas zen doi luang mountains bungalow
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Small resort tucked away in lush gardens. Great location with a beautiful view on the mountain. The hotel looks really nice and the small cottage like rooms do so at first site as well. On a closer look the rooms need some maintenance on several aspects.
Furthermore the room was not really properly cleaned. On top of that the whole room was moist, including the bed and bed sheets on it. I understand this is a different climate, but this is the first and only hotel during our 3 week trip where everything in a room was not dry.
The service in the hotel is not up to standards, especially not if you look at the value for money. The staff barely speaks English. This of course has its charm, but can also be difficult, especially when service is not up to standards.
Dinner at the hotel for example has very limited choices and it is very difficult to make clear what you want. Food quality is average. Getting something simple as a drink can be really difficult. Although options are already limited, even then items that are on the menu are not available and if you find someone and can finally place an order, it can take a really long time before you get it.
Breakfast buffet is very minimal, but worse is that they do not serve a proper breakfast during the times indicated that it is available. When we came early in the morning half of the buffet was empty and there was no one around to ask something. Even a simple coffee with sugar was not available and a cup of tea was nowhere to be found. Best you could do was have a dry piece of toast. On another morning we were a bit later for breakfast (but well within the rangen for breakfast) and placed an order for eggs (which is always on order and not on the buffet). We waited for over 20 minutes. At that point in time the cook walked out of the kitchen and just went off. There was no one to be found and our order was completely forgotten.

Chiang Dao is a great place to stay with beautiful nature and nice things to see and do. I would go back there, but would definitely look for a different resort to stay in, as Azalea Resort has great potential, but needs a different service level to live up to expectations. The resort does not offer value for money.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Our cast and some of the crew stayed at Azalea while shooting a film in Chiang Dao. We all loved the experience of being there. It was amazing to return each evening to our zen retreat. I felt so comfortable there. The staff, the food, the vibe.... incredible

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

We found this very beautiful resort tucked away off the main street in Chiang Dao with an extraordinary view of Doi Chiang Dao rising above. Take in the sunset with the mountain reflected perfectly in the cool beauty of one of the nicest salt water swimming pools we found in Thailand. The villas are pretty and comfortable but the stand out feature of this place is the beautiful garden, including organic vegetables, and an ama,ing strawberry patch! Lovely staff also. My only regret is we had only one night to stay here. Come, stay, stop. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank jgirlnz
Reviewed March 17, 2019

Quaint little resort tucked away in Chiang Dao. Checked in and everything seemed good. But unlike their own photos, no welcome basket of fruit in either of the rooms we had. Ate dinner at their restaurant, which was the start of the bad service. My wife ordered an appetizer, main course, and then a soup to finish. The soup came first, then the main course then the appetizer. Ok, not the end of the world, but as we were getting the waitress came with another bowl of the same soup we already had. When my wife explained to her we already had the soup, the waitress argued we ordered two. After a long argument (in Thai) the waitress took the soup back, only to return in a to-bag for the soup. To-go? where were we going??? Another Thai argument ensued, and finally the soup was returned. After asking 3 times, we finally received the bill which took all three employees to calculate. Mind you, there was only one other couple in the restaurant. It came to 1740 baht, and I paid with 2 1000 baht notes. The change was returned, I left a tip, and we retired to the room. After changing and getting into bed, there was a knock on the door. When my wife answered it, it was the waitress stating we owed another 50 baht. 50 BAHT??? LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS? ON A CHECK THEY CALCULATED, ASKED FOR< I GAVE OVER THE AMOUNT, AND THEY RETURNED THE CHANGE!!!! What kind of business are they running? After yet another argument ensued, the waitress stated she calculated wrong, and we had to pay the 50 baht. This is the worst customer service I have ever had. If you screw up, you own it, not me. I think they were trying to make up for the extra soup they tried to give us. After giving the girl 50 baht, we went to sleep. In the morning we awoke, and went to breakfast. But before leaving I heard something buzzing around our room. Not paying it much attention, we left for breakfast. Upon our return, I noticed a bee in the room. No problem, I killed it and started getting ready. Then more buzzing, then I looked up at the light and saw a SWARM OF BEES!!! Well ,we couldn't get out of there fast enough. When examining the doors to the room, there were large gaps were obviously the bees were able to fly right in. Take my advise, until they make major personnel changes at this hotel, STAY AWAY!!! Worst place I have ever stayed.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2019

A peaceful and relaxing visit.
Property is beautifully maintained and laid out.
Accomodation was excellent, simple elegance.
Staff were wonderful and very helpful.
great evening and morning views of the mountains.
Look forward to returning.

Room tip: We were in a superior cottage which was wonderful.
Date of stay: February 2019