El Patio de Lajares
$255
$182
  • Restaurant
$49
Hotel Soul Surfer(El Cotillo)(Great Value!)
$59
$148
  • Breakfast included
Casa Pedro(Lajares)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsquiet hotelcomfortable bedlarge balconyrainierfuerteventurabarsfridge
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I chose to stay here when my wife and I were visiting Fuerteventura for a business trip. I live in La Palma but I am a British citizen. I read the other reviews before visiting Hannah and Rainer and therefore I was not surprised by anything. Hannah and Rainer took great care of us and attended to our special needs also.

Breakfast and supper deserve a special mention. Good food does not go out of fashion and should not be given an origen. I come from families that have had houses for centuries that have more rooms than humans have fingers and toes so I found the quality of food to be an absolute pleasure and correct.

Like everything in life planning is of key importance and with Hannah and Rainer you need to PLAN and COMMUNICATE well if you are speaking only English. It helps to know Spanish and/or German as they speak German natively. Hannah's English is not perfect: is your German perfect?

I visited because I needed peace. I loved Hannah's cats and just had time for a quick swim in the pool.

Hannah and Rainer are strong minded and speak their mind so make sure you have the ability to express your opinion and you will a great time.

I did not like the position of the reading lights in the room. They were shinning in my face. The fridge was leaking a small amount of water. Hey, I ask the reader...¿Is your house perfect? Nothing can reach perfection.

When I can I will return to El Patio.
Mr. Ouchterlony

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We booked a night at El Patio de Lajares to cheer ourselves up after a disappointing start to our trip. After reading reviews we thought we'd be in for a treat but instead we found the staff rude and pushy.

Upon arrival we were admonished for booking online and confused with other guests who had a child. The bedclothes were stained and the 'luxurious' double room consisted of a bog standard boxy space with two single beds pushed together.

Rainer has a very high opinion of his food. It's pretty good - if you like pepper. But if you're hoping for a peaceful meal be aware you will be repeatedly interrupted by his gossipy wife and rushed through your courses.

Perhaps we caught them on a bad day but to be honest we couldn't wait to get out of there and won't be recommending it. It was terrible value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travella2
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I Have a holiday home on Fuerteventura and discovered this Restaurant quite by accident a few years ago. My wife and I, together with our two daughters went for dinner the next evening.We have eaten in many fine restaurants in our time, but this rates up there with the best. Ingrid and Rainer are wonderful hosts, and we visit their excellent restaurant at least once every week we are on the island.The food is to die for, and Rainer is definitely "King of the sauces". Ingrids knowledge of wine is incredible, and as such I seldom even look at the extensive wine list, but simply ask her to chose something suitable. She has not let me down yet!
I am looking forward to seeing Ingrid and Rainer soon and enjoying their excellent hospitality again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Best Sunday afternoons lunch, very welcoming hosts with surperb food and service in a stunningly tranquil surrounding. This is a must visit you will not be disappointed. I have visited many times and each time is always as good as the last, can`t wait for the next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ann M
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Highly recommend treating yourself to be pampered in this lovely place el Patio de Lajares, you really feel you are being spoilt, we just enjoyed an amazing evening with the wonderful hosts Rainer and Hannah, really fabulous meal excellent wine and marvellous company thank you both, we will be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple