“Nice little climb just next to Lajares”
Review of Calderon Hondo

Calderon Hondo
Ranked #4 of 14 things to do in Lajares
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Easy hike going anti clockwise up to the top of the crater. About 1 hour up and down. Nice paved path most of the way. Finish off with some nice food in the town of Lajares after that.

2  Thank HT1024
"chipmunks"
"peak"
"barbary"

Reviewed February 9, 2018

We parked next to the place where you can get a camel ride just outside Lajares.
Somehow on our way up (I think because we just followed the people in front of us and didn’t pay enough attention) we did not go up the official path which is to the right side as you look at the calderon. We went left, even this way it was an easy enough path. we were wearing trainers.
Be aware that there is NO shade here; it was January when we climbed so no problem with the heat, but during the summer remember to take water. The view of the crater and of the rest of the island from the top is fantastic.
There are many ground squirrels running around inside the crater that you can watch.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

From Lajares it's about a 45min to 1 hr hike up the volcano Approx 250m height. It does require some effort to get up, but I've seen kids go up too. On a hot day TAKE WATER! The hike can be done in regular sports shoes but will be more comfy in proper hiking boots. Once up the volcano the reward is amazing. You can see the entire northern region including Corralejo and the dunes, El Cotillo and the lighthouse on the northern tip. The volcano itself is awesome too. It's possible to hike around it. Highly recommended!

1  Thank rosjee1
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

Was looking forward to getting up to this peak and looking into this amazing Volcano.
I went up with my son 13 on 1 occasion and just my wife and I on the second.
Each time I hit the top I was blown away by the views and of both the volcano and the surround views of the island. It is windy on the top so beware but don't let that put you off It's a great place to visit if you can. You don't see this sort of thing every day.

1  Thank 436garethm