“A Fun Filled Day”

Phuket Thai Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 12 Food & Drink in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Thai Cookery School is definitely the one and only place in phuket island that offers you a haven of peace and serenity away from hustle of the city. Nestled in a prestine beach paradise on Siray beach, Phuket Thai Cookery School allows you comfort and serenity while cooking favorite Thai dishes and enjoying your home made delicious meal. At the Phuket Thai Cookery School, you will feel relaxed by the beautiful natural surroundings from crystal clear water to the panoramic ocean view that is just a stone throw from your kitchen. You can walk off your food along the beach or lay down on our soft cushions and pillows provided on our wooden sundeck in your siesta break.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our second visit to the school. We were collected from our hotel and taken to a local market where we were met by our guide. Noy then took us on a tour of the market explaining about the produce letting us sample different foods. We then hopped back in the van for a 15 min drive to the cookery school. The location is amazing you are met by friendly staff offered refreshments and enjoy the scenery until the rest of the people arrive. You are taken into a class where chef's(ours were Noi and James) explain what you are going to cook give you ideas of what ingredients you can use at home as a substitute then they cook and you get to sample. You are then given an individual work station and off you go with help from staff if needed. In all we cook five courses today. It is a great day out. The staff are wonderful and it is a relaxing day out. You only need to have a light breakfast before you go.

2  Thank Mhellis
"a real eye opener"
"cooking skills"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I attended a 5 hour course- we made Thai green curry paste from scratch, pad Thai, chicken and coconut milk soup, papaya salad and sticky sweet rice. The teachers spoke great English and were very entertaining as well as instructive. There was plenty of supervision. Thai cooking really is easy and I feel very confident about making this at home alone.

4  Thank Erin R
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This will take your enjoyment of Thai food to a whole new level. I learned so much in one day here. My wife and I are very active food enthusiasts, and this experience made it possible to recognize understand many of the techniques that the street kitchens and local 'restaurants' were using. I just simply loved it, and will most certainly come back if I'm ever anywhere near Phuket again.

1  Thank Evan S
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I did this cooking class, choosing the Sunday menu. I had looked at a lot of different cooking classes and decided on this one due to its great reviews on Tripadvisor. I took the advice of others and only had a light breakfast, which I would advise! It was a whole-day affair, with hotel pickup at 8:30am in Patong and we were dropped back at 5pm. We were driven to Phuket Town, where we visited one of the local markets and saw some fabulous fruit and vegetables, and great mounds of curry pastes. Jenny and Noi were our guides and were both pleasant, helpful and informative. At the cooking school the instructors were great! We had James and (another) Noi, who were both very humorous and helpful. It was good having a demonstration dish to taste, before going and trying it ourselves. The location on Sirey Island is beautiful. All in all a very pleasant, relaxing, and fun day. Now I just have to be able to recreate those dishes at home!

2  Thank ingridc980
See more reviews
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I took the class on a rainy Monday. What an cool experience. They picked us up at the hotel promptly and brought us down to the farmer's market in downtown Phuket, where we walked around in a small group to learned about local foods. Bring your camera- lots of bright colors, different fruits. The guide's English was excellent. We then wen to the school, which is about a 15 minute ride from the market. Its right on water and has gorgeous views. After a brief intro and some coffee, we got started. The format is a demonstration with one of the chefs, and then you cook it yourself and then eat it. Its watch-cook-eat for 5 different dishes - all of which were delicious. We made: tom yum soup, glass noodles with chicken, green curry chicken, mango salad, and mango sticky rice. Come with an empty stomach, because its a lot of food and you start eating around 10am. They pre-measure all the ingredients for you, so you basically just have throw them together in the right order and voila- you are a chef! You can also adjust the spiciness to your liking. They also give you recipe cards to take home.

The chef's were super informative and had great English. High recommend!