“Great experience!”

Phuket Thai Cookery School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Thai Cookery School is definitely the one and only place in phuket island that offers you a haven of peace and serenity away from hustle of the city. Nestled in a prestine beach paradise on Siray beach, Phuket Thai Cookery School allows you comfort and serenity while cooking favorite Thai dishes and enjoying your home made delicious meal. At the Phuket Thai Cookery School, you will feel relaxed by the beautiful natural surroundings from crystal clear water to the panoramic ocean view that is just a stone throw from your kitchen. You can walk off your food along the beach or lay down on our soft cushions and pillows provided on our wooden sundeck in your siesta break.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

How glad I am that I've been there. It was really teasty and very interesting. All dishes we made were prepered the best way I've ever tried! Before this course I thought that cook of our hotel is genious, now I know that it would be good for him to follow my experience and visit this cookery school!

1 Thank MaryaKa

• Polish first
Canberra, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“How much fun can cooking be!!!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This has to be one of the best days we had. Earlyish pick up from hotel and taken to the markets were we were met by a chef and walked through and shown various ingredients , tried a few and saw the differences between Thai and European ingredients. Then on to the cooking school!!! What a location, right on the beach awesome. Then the classes begin-- the teachers go through ingredients and method and a taste test to know what it should taste like when we make it. Crunch time we now cook ( 4 courses in all -- 1 at a time) from scratch!!!! After cooking we get to eat our own food overlooking the beach!!! Best thing --NO WASHING UP!!! Students are presented with a certificate as proof of course completion.
We had a young man with us who didn't want to go but said after how glad he was that he went and what a great day he had!! We would highly recomend this to anyone, we laughed a lot, learnt alot and had a good meal before being returned to our hotel!

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Myself and a friend booked in for this cooking class, which started off with a tour of the morning food market in Phuket Town. This was very interesting and great fun, you get to see such things as how coconut milk is made. Also got to sample a few yummy things (and some not so yummy!). After a short drive we arrived at the cooking school. The view was nothing short of sensational! Spacious workspaces, very clean and cold and hot drinks all day. We cooked five dishes - chicken & coconut milk soup, pad thai with prawns, spicy chicken salad, penang curry with pork and steamed banana pudding. Before making each dish, the instructors did a demonstration and explanation of ingredients. We then went back to our work stations and made each dish, with supervision close at hand if needed. We all sat down as a group after making each dish to enjoy what we had cooked. Mid afternoon we had a 20 minute siesta, lying on comfy mattress beds looking out to the ocean! Fantastic. At the end of the day we were presented with certificates. I could not recommend this great activity highly enough, it was hands down the best thing I have done in Phuket, and I have been five times! Many thanks to the fabulous instructors, they were funny and entertaining, and really knew their stuff. I have been doing a lot of Thai cooking back at home since doing this course.

1 Thank Jo T
Cardiff, South Wales
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A great day.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A very good day. I was concerned at first by the number of people on the course (19), but credit to the organisers, and the actual layout of the venue which facilitated such a number.

The day was fun, relaxed and hands on. Gave us enough knowledge to have more confidence with some Thai dishes.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cardifftop
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“I feel like a Thai master chef now!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I did the Friday class which consisted of making chicken in coconut milk soup, green curry, pad Thai, papaya salad and sticky rice. We headed to the markets with our guide and got to sample many local delights before going to the school. It was beautiful walking in and witnessing our cooking stations with an amazing beach backdrop. The chefs were amazing. Humorous and knowledgable. After showing us how to create our dish, we then headed to our station and proceeded to remember to how cook the dish. But between the two of us, we had a helper chef reminding us what to do. We then ate what we cooked and then repeated this process another 4 times. I was absolutely stuffed after the day and didn't have dinner that night. The food we cooked was so delicious and it was great that we got a recipe card for each dish we cooked with the option of buying other recipe cards for dishes cooked on other days.

A must do experience!!

4 Thank Belinda S

Been to Phuket Thai Cookery School? Share your experiences!