“I feel like a Thai master chef now!”

Phuket Thai Cookery School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Thai Cookery School is definitely the one and only place in phuket island that offers you a haven of peace and serenity away from hustle of the city. Nestled in a prestine beach paradise on Siray beach, Phuket Thai Cookery School allows you comfort and serenity while cooking favorite Thai dishes and enjoying your home made delicious meal. At the Phuket Thai Cookery School, you will feel relaxed by the beautiful natural surroundings from crystal clear water to the panoramic ocean view that is just a stone throw from your kitchen. You can walk off your food along the beach or lay down on our soft cushions and pillows provided on our wooden sundeck in your siesta break.
Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“I feel like a Thai master chef now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I did the Friday class which consisted of making chicken in coconut milk soup, green curry, pad Thai, papaya salad and sticky rice. We headed to the markets with our guide and got to sample many local delights before going to the school. It was beautiful walking in and witnessing our cooking stations with an amazing beach backdrop. The chefs were amazing. Humorous and knowledgable. After showing us how to create our dish, we then headed to our station and proceeded to remember to how cook the dish. But between the two of us, we had a helper chef reminding us what to do. We then ate what we cooked and then repeated this process another 4 times. I was absolutely stuffed after the day and didn't have dinner that night. The food we cooked was so delicious and it was great that we got a recipe card for each dish we cooked with the option of buying other recipe cards for dishes cooked on other days.

A must do experience!!

4 Thank Belinda S

• Polish first
Perth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Was not disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, ignore that review by melinda7, I read it before going and did give me a niggling doubt, the amount of good reviews on the school though meant I still booked.
It was fantastic, great teachers, a good injection of humour and I actually cooked some thai food that tasted great. I went with my daughter and we learnt a lot and had a really enjoyable day in such a lovely setting. Everything was very clean, including the toilets Melinda7!!! The only thing that turned my daughters stomach was some the sights and smells at the morning market (in the seafood section) before we got to the school. It's all part of the thai experience though and added to the days experience.
I have the menus from today, the real test is can I reproduce it at home, I hope so as it all tasted so good, sweet, sour, salty and spicy (you can manage the chilli heat in what u cook)... Gladly recommend this experience to others.

2 Thank barrettsontour
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great food, view and teachers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We did the Friday 4 Jan class and had a great time!

We learnt how to make 5 dishes - eachof which they helped us to make a 100% vegetarian version of!

Each of the dishes we made tasted great ( you eat what you cook so go hungry!) and we learnt techniques and about ingredients in such a way as to help us replicate the dishes at home. In fact the teachers kept pointing out substitutes we could use if ingredients were not available in our home countries.

The teachers English was impeccable, and they all were cracking jokes and always smiling! A big thank you to James, Get and Ben!

The kitchens were very clean and overlooked the ocean (not an amazing view but there is something very relaxing about cooking to the sounds of the waves)

The only down side for us was the drive there. They picked us up from Karon on time but then took us backwards to get to the class so we could pick up others. On the way to the class the drive was 90min but the way home only 40! Perhaps a driver didn't show in the morning?

All in all a great day and highly recommend.

1 Thank SnSkohn
marseille
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You can do better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked through Expedia which just listed a "cooking class" so I bought it. Even though I paid online we had to pay extra when we got there, which we were not aware of.

We were staying at the Indigo Pearl which had an AMAZING cooking class. We made the best Thai food I've had in my life. My boyfriend and I are cooks so we have high standards.

The Cookery School... Food was bland. Most of the "students" talked over the instructor, the bathrooms are extremely dirty, so I have no idea what the kitchen is like. Gross. Also after the class I had stomach problems all night. BEWARE of this place. Very very dirty. :( nice people, and good view. But don't eat anything from the kitchen.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My sister, niece (10 y.o.) and I did the day program on a whim, and loved it! Started with an interesting trip to the markets, then a drive to Sirey Island for the cooking school. Honestly I can say this was the best food I have eaten in Phuket...and I made it myself! Instructors were excellent, facilities clean and very well suited to the cooking class. The setting was lovely too looking out over the bay - my only gripe would be that the beach was very dirty {but I wasn't there to go to the beach}. Thank you Ben, James, Noy, Get and all the staff for making it a great day.

2 Thank Kellie M