“Great views and great food..”

Phuket Thai Cookery School
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Phuket Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Thai Cookery School is definitely the one and only place in phuket island that offers you a haven of peace and serenity away from hustle of the city. Nestled in a prestine beach paradise on Siray beach, Phuket Thai Cookery School allows you comfort and serenity while cooking favorite Thai dishes and enjoying your home made delicious meal. At the Phuket Thai Cookery School, you will feel relaxed by the beautiful natural surroundings from crystal clear water to the panoramic ocean view that is just a stone throw from your kitchen. You can walk off your food along the beach or lay down on our soft cushions and pillows provided on our wooden sundeck in your siesta break.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

What an enjoyable day spent going through the fresh food market and learning to cook some delicious dishes whilst looking at the beautiful views. Our guide for the morning market was accommodating; anything you wanted to try or taste was no problem - and, we tried some interesting things (think sausage with a whole child stuffed in there!)
The chefs and assistants were all very knowledgable with a great sense of humour, and willing to accommodate any dietary preferences in our group. The dishes we made all tasted and looked great and I can't wait to try these at home. The pick up service was timely and the vehicle was safe and clean. Thoroughly recommend spending your day here.

1  Thank Daznshazn N

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I had a great day cooking......and eating. The setting was just beautiful . The staff amazing and funny !

1  Thank Suesuetonge
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Still savoring the day's experience cooking in a heavenly setting. The school is located at water's edge on one of the most beautiful views in Phuket. Clean, comfortable and welcoming. The chef and instructors are talented, providing guidance, information and suggestions after a demo of each dish. I was so surprised at how well the dishes turned out. My husband enjoyed the class as well. The walk through the market alone was worth the money. I gained much information where without a guide, I would have just wandered about. Informative, fun and a most pleasant staff. They were so accomodating to tastes, dietary preferences and generous with their knowledge. So worth it!

1  Thank Eva C
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I took a class with Phuket Thai Cookery and it was one of my favorite things we did in Thailand! We took the class the second day that we arrived in the country, which is what I would recommend. Taking the class early in our travels familiarized us with the foods and ingredients so that it became easy to spot which restaurants and stands offered good, authentic Thai food and which were offering sub par quality for the tourists.

The trip to the market alone was amazing! We were split into small groups and shown around, learning about ingredients, native fruits, how the market works and sampling foods, including the infamous stinky durian fruit.

The class is held in a beautiful open air cooking space. The place is well staffed, so that each student gets plenty of individual attention. It is well paced, so that each dish's demonstration is immediately followed by the students' preparation of the dish, with as much or as little assistance as you need. Staff takes turns doing demonstrations, so you meet a few different people. Everyone was friendly and funny and they were absolutely fantastic at accomodating my vegetarian diet.

I was amazed at how well my dishes turned out! Everything was delicious! I've since made some of the dishes several times at home and savor the flavors, remembering every detail of my trip each time! I remember being a little put off by the price of the class when I was first considering it. Now, in retrospect, I can't even remember what it cost but I know without a doubt that it was worth every cent!

1  Thank Vermont-Nomad
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I had the most amazing day at the Thai cookery school! The instructors were fantastic (and also very funny), the food was delicious and the location was breathtaking. My belly has never been so full and happy! This tour was definitely worth every cent!

Only had one issue- there are 2 dogs that roam the outside cooking area. I just worried about the places hygiene. All in all, it was wonderful and is a most do if staying in phuket.

1  Thank newtotravelling3

Been to Phuket Thai Cookery School? Share your experiences!