“Perfect”

Summer Breeze Inn Hotel
Ranked #15 of 92 Hotels in Phuket Town
Reviewed November 20, 2013

As per the other reviewers, it is Manit who makes your stay so special. The accommodation is great, comfy bed, clean and decent air con. I, like many others only stayed here one night before heading off to Railay the next morning.
Manit had arranged the taxi to meet me at the airport, and my onward trip. It was a Thai festival while I was there, so Manit bought me a flower arrangement while giving me a lift to a local restaurant. He then later picked me up and took me to the local fishing village to show me what the locals were doing and what the festival was about. We then said a prayer to the flower arrangement and set it out to the sea. I got back from my first night tingling and getting to see a huge part of their culture. I have been to Thailand many times, and it is these moments that make it so special. And Manit is happy to share them with guests (all the other guests were too tired - even after 16 hours of flights I was so glad I went).
A perfect start to my holiday, all thanks to me choosing to stay here. Great value for money, amazing family-owned accommodation.

Room Tip: I stayed in Sails - huge bed!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NoTack

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We come to know this Hotel from Tripadvisor, and we book direct to Hotel; is easy to book on-line. This is a nice and comfortable place to stay, just like home. Mr Manit and his family members and neighbours are very friendly. We will come back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Ho L
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had pre-booked this lodging based on Tripadvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. In my six weeks of travel in Asia this was probably the friendliest and most welcome respite I had. Since I was arriving late, I had arranged for Manik, the owner, to pick me up at the airport. Despite a torrential downpour he was cheerful and great company on the ride back to Phuket. I was only staying for the night before heading to Phi Phi early the next morning but this was a great welcome to Thailand. I joined Manik and his family and friends in their kitchen for a little get together and sing along. What a great time! I had a terrific evening and headed off to bed to my very comfortable and clean room. Terrific breakfast early the next day and a convenient pre-booked ride to the pier. The best surprise when waiting in line at the pier was Manik tapping my shoulder wearing my glasses that I had left in the bed. He had come all the way to the pier to return them to me. Now that is service! A big thank you to Manik, his wife and friends for making my first night in Thailand so memorable. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer. Next time I am in Thailand I will stay longer and maybe go fishing with Manik on his boat. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank AnOrdinaryTraveller
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Bill and staff made me feel at home even though I was half a world away. I couldn't recommend Summer Breeze enough. As long as they have an open room, I won't be staying anywhere else next time I visit Patong. Great location, great service, great people. What more do you need.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Iheartcanada4ever
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as a central location to catch our ferry to Phi Phi. Manit met us at Phuket airport as his driver had let him down and he came to personally pick us up! Hotel is comfortable and Manit even arranged for a pizza to be delivered as our son is a fussy eater. Manit arranged my ferry to and back from Phi Phi met us when we manded back and took us to our bus which he again had booked to take us to Island of Koh Samui. There are no adjacent beaches but as a stay away from the maddening crowd look no further. Met Manit`s family who live next door and they are all lovely and made us feel special. Manit let it slip that he has a boat and that every year 1 person in particular comes over from Japan for 1 whole month fishing - think that I may well be joining him in the future!!

Room Tip: All rooms appear equal.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TopcatTC55
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while passing through Phuket. The B&B was clean and comfortable, with breakfast included. It was a bit out of the way from the city center and the beaches, but there were a lot of authentic Thai restaurants along the main road close by. Breakfast was quite basic, but the owner (Manit) was very helpful, and even let me go into his house next door and print out my flight information. He was a great host and his family was always around to greet us when going in and out during the day. This was a good choice for my short stay in the Town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2013

If I were to leave the owner out of the equation, the hotel per se is pretty okay value for the price, although both our A/C and wifi was only semi-functional and the water in the shower was a bit cold. The breakfast is also a bit tiny but that is not a major issue, considering the fact that this is more of a B&B than a hotel. The neighborhood is safe and calm and very Thai in its nature, indeed! We highly recommend everyone to rent scooters instead of paying for a taxi, it will definitely pay off in the long run.
As the title suggests, however, in this case the rating is more about the owner, rather than the hotel itself. Manit was extremely helpful and easy-going, thanks to him we had absolutely no trouble with bookings, etc. He even invited us over to his house for drinks once! He made our experience here in Phuket very special and I highly recommend this hotel to everyone who is not afraid of blending in with Manit's family and other locals!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends